The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

I have Le Couvent des Minimes Orange & Cinnamon going in the living room, and Asian Spice from Cost Plus World Market going in the bedroom.

Can anyone point me to Missy's website? Cornbread Muffins sound really good, and I don't think I've seen that scent before. TY! [smilie=The_Hi]

Sandoz:

http://www.missystemptingtarts.com/store/

Ooh, thank you, MaggieMae! I know where my next tart order will be from! :lol:

Well I thought I was done melting for the night, but after Creamy Peach Crumb Cake ran out of steam (after a relentless and wonderful 8 hrs.), I decided to burn my Cinnamon & Cloves Slatkin candle before calling it a night.

:lol: It smells great and has a good throw! I't's heavy on the cloves and smells comfy and warm. It is filling my family room nicely. I almost didn't buy this one. Sure glad I did!

Tonight I'm melting CFTKR's Apple Jack N' Peels and YC's Harvest. I love the fragrance of Harvest, but I just can't get a throw worth a darn in anything I melt this in. But I keep buying it, hoping next time it will be different. Think I will stop buying it.

gm all. I was in wax withdrawal yesterday-didn't melt a thing because we left early in the morning to drive to the Amish area of Ohio to go to a wonderful Swiss festival. It was such a quaint village and I just knew I would be able to do some whiff and sniffs at the arts and crafts tent. WRONG! Do you know there was not one piece of wax to be found anywhere??? I even went into all the lovely shops and the only thing I found was a chocolate candle handmade by the Amish but I am not a chocolate wax lover. I couldn't believe it.

so first thing this morning I'm melting Pumpkin Cheesecake from CC and burning YK Autumn Wreath in the LR. YK mountain lake in the br and YK fresh cut roses in the bath.

Going to try to catch an arts and crafts goings-on today and see if I strike some gold.

Enjoy your sunday.

Tonight I'm melting CFTKR's Apple Jack N' Peels and YC's Harvest. I love the fragrance of Harvest, but I just can't get a throw worth a darn in anything I melt this in. But I keep buying it, hoping next time it will be different. Think I will stop buying it.

Carol has a couple of versions of Harvest and they all throw phenomenally well. Try her Harvest, Amish Quilt, and/or Amish Harvest.

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

I'm melting

Crosscreek Farmhouse Apple...very good

Yc Autumn Fruit..like it alot

YC Boo

:shock:

Berrichan - U have family in the Philippines, don't U? That's one nasty typhoon they're having. Hope your family is safe. :shock:

Melting Nene's Gingerbread Latte. Soooo good! Luv these coffee scents in the morning! :shock:

Good Morning All!

Won't be doing much melting till I get to DD's apartment today. We are going to help her finish getting settled. I brought her a melter and a bag of fall tarts last time I went. I am turning her into a wax lover. She texted my niece last week that she was burning a candle and melting a tart just like her mother. Love it!!!

Good morning.

I've got many of the same candles from last night going.

Then I started melting CFTKR Blueberry Cheesecake and it's wonderful, but now it's all I can smell. Luv blueberry scents in the morning. This is/was my little blueberry pie.

I thought I was ready to melt the pie but it was too hard to see it melt away, so I managed to save it. I melted the bottom off of the blueberry center and put the top back in the piecrust. I got almost an ounce of wax melting and I still have my pretty pie to look at.

100_5824-1.jpg

Morning everyone! No melting yet here. I'm doing laundry (in the basement of our apartment building) so I'm in and out for now. Hopefully soon!

Jules, that little pie candle is too cute. I'd have trouble melting it too.

Good idea Jules!

Starting the day off with 2 winners:

Spiced Caramel Latte by BG in K

Pumpkin Spice Latte by Crosscreek in LR

Melt your day away!

Jules, that little blueberry pie is darling. Hmm, think that is on my list for Carol because I too love blueberry. Wow, that must be a strong little sucker. very ingenious of you to save it the way you did. I'll have to remember that.

Sweet, I love Nene's gingerbread latte. It didn't nauseate me and the coffee smelled very authentic.

Jules, that little pie looks good enough to eat!

Jason, I've never had luck with YC harvest either :shock:

Recent melts:

warm orange gingerbread (by unknown vendor, but may be Kreations by Kathie...weak)

meditation karma from Just Tarts (moderate)

cookies n cream from Busy Bee (moderate)

Lessie's haunted House from Can-do (not as strong as I expected)

YC autumn gold (moderate)

Good morning! Gotta get my Busy Bee order finalized & sent in today, so I got out my melts from her to dig through. Decided on Gingerbread... it's a palm wax tart, and not very strong so far. Not on the re-order list this time.

Good morning!

Tunisian, that's amazing you couldn't find any wax at the festival. Are they boycotting it for some reason? :shock: Good luck finding some today!

Michele, that is too darned cute about your DD. Just like her mom!

Jules, your blueberry pie is just darling! I'd have a hard time telling it good-bye too. :shock:

Maggie, "Melt your day away" could be our motto, eh? I love it!

Berrie, I hope your family is safe and not in any danger!

I'm melting Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee this morning. It's fabulous. I need to decide whether or not to take advantage of their sale. Love their clams!

Gail

Morning everyone! I'm burning Red Delicious from BBW (sadly long discontinued). I really love this scent, and the apple scents they have now just aren't the same.

Will have to blow it out soon, though, because I'm headed out with DH to hunt down some YC accessories. I am hoping to find some of the Halloween Illumalids! This one especially: http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/product_detail.jsp?oid=6591955

Jules, that pie is gorgeous & looks so real! I love blueberry scents too.

Hope you all have a great day!

Berrie; I hope your family is safe.

Michelle: Ah, I bet that makes you feel so good that DD is following in Mom's footsteps.

It sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend. I just finished an order to Busy Bee myself this morning. I had so many that were not on the list and I got frustrated last night and just cancelled my order, but Donna e-mailed me this morning and it was much easier giving her my list that way. It's a lovely day here in Indy. Time to get my "blue" going for the Colts game and I think make a batch of salsa with some of the tomatoes left in the garden. Have a great afternoon, everyone.

I'm melting Candle Dippers-Apple Jack and Peel Yum!