The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Good morning. It's still gloomy and cold here. I had a small but festive little display with a large pumpkin, Indian corn, gourds, and little pumpkins by my front walk and I'll be :) a squirrel took off with my Indian corn and gourds. He probably would have taken the lg. pumpkin too if he could have pulled it...

Kim's squirrel:

cutesquirrel.jpg

SC - Southern Peach Cobbler

YC - Pomegranate Fruit jar

LLVV - Happy Birthday wishes to your DD!

Jules, too funny. :)

Kim, you've gotta give that squirrel credit for it's hard work. [smilie=th_326db8b3]

That Apple and Pumpkin Strudel sounds wonderful.

This evening's melt is EW's Candied Yams. Nice fall scent.

Late night melts:

S&S - Pumpkin Vanilla Creme

CHC - Cranberry Crumble (weak)

Burning:

YC - Blueberry Scone

A Cheerful Giver - Maple Syrup Pancakes (baby jar...will be buying a larger jar)

A Cheerful Giver - Cowboy (Mama jar...not getting much throw on this)

Gosh - how hard is it to dress a squirrel!?? LOL!

[smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today was a scenting disaster - soon after starting up my melts I let a big pan of rice scorch! Ew! That scent has been hanging in the air for hours.

Hello everyone!

LLVV, glad your DD's party turned out well.

Tonights melt is EW Citrus Linen H20, one of my favorites of Riss'.

Well, I got a little email last night. I must admit, I was a little surprised. I posted that I had tried the first two tarts from my order from Country Home Scents, and that they were not very strong (IMO). It seems the owners read our little forum, and responded to my post. They let me know that they were sorry that I the tarts I'd tried so far weren't to my liking, and that after looking at my order, they saw that my order pretty much contained lighter scents in their line, so they have mailed me, free of charge a few of their stronger tarts to try. I still have many more tarts from my first order to try, but based on their customer service alone, I would urge everyone to at least give them a try. I have read here that some of you when placing an initial order with a new vendor, contact them to find out what some of their stronger scents are. I think that will be my new policy.

trep, you're an early riser and melter/burner. lol

Jules, that is the cutest little squirrel. gosh that made me chuckle this morning.

Aria, thanks for the drunk uncle bob review. I'll definitely have to try.

sillysmom, I love citrus linen H20. never tried it from EW but from CCCC. got a bag of them in little cherubs and love it in the bath and bedroom. I only have 3 left. a big thumbs up for CS @CH! wow, that's great.

everyone's sat/sun melts sound so good.

Just got home from work and am remelting Sugar butt from Can-do. I love this scent; one of those comfort scents.

remelting Citrus linen H20 in the bath and put on nene's cinnamon bread pudding in the bedroom, as I am going to bed soon and want to drift off to sleep to a comfort scent. lol Not a scent I usually use in the BR but for today it is great.

hope everyone has a good Sunday. chilly here.

Well, I got a little email last night. I must admit, I was a little surprised. I posted that I had tried the first two tarts from my order from Country Home Scents, and that they were not very strong (IMO). It seems the owners read our little forum, and responded to my post. They let me know that they were sorry that I the tarts I'd tried so far weren't to my liking, and that after looking at my order, they saw that my order pretty much contained lighter scents in their line, so they have mailed me, free of charge a few of their stronger tarts to try. I still have many more tarts from my first order to try, but based on their customer service alone, I would urge everyone to at least give them a try. I have read here that some of you when placing an initial order with a new vendor, contact them to find out what some of their stronger scents are. I think that will be my new policy.

Nice to know they have good CS (I have found this too) BUT am I the only one that is a tiny bit creeped out about vendors reading the forum? [smilie=th_slider_flirt] You have to be a member to read it right?

Denise, I don't like it at all. It happened to me last year. I felt like my privacy had been invaded. I also recently found that a vendor has me blocked from ordering on ebay, and I am sure it was from something I said on here.

Recent melts:

GHBT rhubarb apple (strong)

Can-Do garden terrace (very strong)

Candles, Melts, and More sandalwood (moderate)

CYS orange almond oatmeal (moderate)

CYS amazon mist (moderate)

Denise, I don't like it at all. It happened to me last year. I felt like my privacy had been invaded. I also recently found that a vendor has me blocked from ordering on ebay, and I am sure it was from something I said on here.

I am sorry that happened Dabba,that would upset me too. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Nice to know they have good CS (I have found this too) BUT am I the only one that is a tiny bit creeped out about vendors reading the forum? [smilie=crap] You have to be a member to read it right?

[smilie=th_fear8] I find that disconcerting, too. :? The scent of the day thread is the only one that is open for public viewing. The only thing I can think of that would tip a vendor off to a members identity is that Sillysmom and Dabba show their location in their posts and I suppose vendors could do the detective work to figure out who it is posting.....? That seems like a lot of work and U'd think they'd be too busy to bother...but apparently not. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Melting Busy B's Fireside and melting LOL's Honeygingerbread candle.

Good morning. It's a busy day around here but I wanted to briefly stop in. [smilie=crap]

I guess I've always figured that vendors could join the forum and read everything here as long as they maintain the three posts a month and don't divulge any of their business info or promote themselves in anyway. That might not be correct though. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I'm melting Can-Do's Apple Cellar. [smilie=th_fear8]

Gail

[smilie=crap] I find that disconcerting, too. :? The scent of the day thread is the only one that is open for public viewing. The only thing I can think of that would tip a vendor off to a members identity is that Sillysmom and Dabba show their location in their posts and I suppose vendors could do the detective work to figure out who it is posting.....? That seems like a lot of work and U'd think they'd be too busy to bother...but apparently not. [smilie=th_fear8]

[smilie=th_slider_flirt] Only a few threads are visible to non-members including the daily thread.

Today's scents:

CYS - Spiced Caramel Crunch

YC - Boo!

YC - Purr-chouli jar

YC - Pomegranate Fruit jar

EE - Candyman votives (three of them)

YC - Greenhouse (small jar)

DC - Holy Water

Good morning!

Thank you for wishing DD a happy birthday! You all put a big smile on her face. Her party was wonderful yesterday although the cleanup afterwards wasn't so wonderful...LOL. Today we're taking it easy.

I haven't gotten around to melting this morning but I have Carol's Birthday Cake and Elf Loaf ready to go for this afternoon.

Nice to know they have good CS (I have found this too) BUT am I the only one that is a tiny bit creeped out about vendors reading the forum? [smilie=th_slider_flirt] You have to be a member to read it right?

That's great CS but a little creepy at the same time. I hate that "big brother is watching over you" kind of feeling. This company sounds like a really nice place and this is a great thing that happend but sometimes I've read of some candlemakers going a little nuts on their customers for posting what they think of something. Some people don't take criticism very well and blast their customers for that which is a shame because this board was created so candle lovers can discuss products openly.

This morning I melted BG's Caramel Corn Crunch...totally awesome...problem is...I melted it before having breakfast and it made me so darned hungry and not for the bacon and eggs I had planned....I wanted caramel corn crunch! A big ole box of it!

Maggie Mae-- I didn't meet Janine of Things That Make Scents...I met her husband...my hubby and him really talked up a storm! He seemed very very nice. I bought a bakery tart sampler and boy does she fill up those cups! A few were splitting at the sides! Have you also tried Wick it Good Candles in Point Pleasant? Not too far from them. I only bought votives and a vanilla tart....the only thing I could smell was the vanilla tart which was very good. I guess votives were a poor choice, but I thought even if they had a light throw I would have been happy just to see what they smelled like burning...these didn't have any, even in a small room.

So far the Things That Make Scents tarts are really nice.....will keep you updated..

Hello! smileys.png

Melting Tuberose from Tuscaderos in the BR

Citrus Linen H2O from CCCC in the LR

Tea Thyme from Pure Scents in the kitchen

sweet&spiceygrl...that Almond Nog IS really good. I think I'm turning into a bakery fiend!cupcake.gif

tunisianswife...I love Citrus Linen H2O. It is one of my most favorite from CCCC. I am melting the last of my stash today. Sad-Smiley.gif

thhave20a20great20day.gif