The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

It's raining_rain__by_darkmoon3636.gifhere in Southern Calif. this morning. I'm burning YC Autumn Leaves and melting Haley's Autumn Harvest. Have a great day everyone!_omghai__by_Synfull.gif

:? Good Morning!!

Melting Haleys Harvest Spice today!! Its a cool crisp morning and the colors here are beginning to open up and put on a beautiful display!! love love this time of year!!!

fallsmiley2.gif

Good morning. :lol:

Trep and Jason, thanks for the good advice. I hadn't thought of returning the candle. I'll do that but I don't know when, since the store is an hour's drive away. :?

Not melting/burning anything this morning. My friend and I are trying to decide if we want to go play with and train our pups across town. It's windy and cold and supposed to rain today but we're doggie junkies. Now you know. I have lots of addictions! :?]

Have a great fall day, everybody!

Gail

hello, all and happy Tuesday. As usual, I love reading what everyone is melting.

LR-CFTKR Vanilla Cake

Bath-CCCC citrus linen H20

BR-CFTR Bogeyman. this was a free one and very very nice. strong throw and just a lovely scent. I'll order this for sure.

Good morning!

I'm burning YC's Blueberry (no scent due to the Illuma-Lid). When the Illuma-Lid is off, great scent.

I'm melting Carol's Black Forest Cake and Orange Cranberry Muffin.

Puppylove - Do you mean the purple Autumn Fruit candle? I have it in a small jar and it smells great and throws wonderfully. I think it does so because the jars is small so it's easy to get a full melt pool. Maybe you can exchange it and get a bunch of the small jars in the same scent if it's a scent that you really enjoy.

LLVV, thanks. It's not Autumn Fruit. It's called Fall Fruit. Maybe it's old? I got it at Home Goods. Here's what it looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/YANKEE-FALL-FRUIT--

SCENTED--CANDLE-22-0Z-NEW_W0QQitemZ360197348627QQcm

dZViewItemQQimsxZ20091012?IMSfp=TL091012158004r22088

Since we had to cancel our doggie doings for today, I just may take a trip to that store and exchange it.

Gail

Hello everyone! It has been crazy busy around here, so I have had no time to post! Today we are melting Lol's Froot Loop Cupcakes! We were feeling fruity.. it's Homecoming week and today is nerd day! I love dressing up! I know that makes me a nerd! :?

Ok, spoke too soon. I got outvoted with the Froot Loop Cupcakes, they dumped it. We tried Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Candledippers... and about Gagged! :? I wonder if this one was a mistake, I didn't smell any spice or any pumpkin, instead I smelled soap. Trying to remedy the situation with a Cherry Noel. Hope it works soon!

Last nights melt was YC Midsummer's Night. I really love this scent, its perfumey and strong, but I couldn't melt this very often, its a once in a while scent.

I just started Cafe Vienna, another big winner from LOL! I am loving my first order from this company! [smilie=snoopy] It's probably a good thing that I'm on the west coast instead of in my home state of PA. I could so ruin my budget in their new retail store. :shock:

Gail

Puppylove.. I was unaware that you were an LOL virgin! It is fantastic, isn't it? I seriously did a mapquest to see how long it would take me to drive to the store...that would be 30 hours! While I would love too.. not quite worth the gas money! [smilie=snoopy]

Melted Coconut Cupcake (Crosscreek) this morning while I was at school. Nice but not enough cake.

Just got home and switched to Pumpkin Souffle from MD....Delicious and very strong!!!

LLVV, thanks. It's not Autumn Fruit. It's called Fall Fruit. Maybe it's old? I got it at Home Goods. Here's what it looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/YANKEE-FALL-FRUIT--

SCENTED--CANDLE-22-0Z-NEW_W0QQitemZ360197348627QQcm

dZViewItemQQimsxZ20091012?IMSfp=TL091012158004r22088

Since we had to cancel our doggie doings for today, I just may take a trip to that store and exchange it.

Gail

Gail, I would call the store before you take the trip. I know if you bought it at the Yankee Candle store they would gladly take it back, but since you got it at Home Goods, who knows. I've heard several times that other lines that are sold under the YC name at other stores don't perform as well as the regular ones. Good luck!

Hello again...wave.gif

I got my Nene order today and my husband is melting Ginger Lime!

yikes.gifIt's more ginger than lime, and he even cut it in half. It is reeeeeeeeeeeally strong!

But he loves to cook with ginger, and he seems to be liking it. I can smell it all through the house.

ETA: :shock: Ummm...so my husband is smelling my new tarts and went to Nene's website. He now wants to order his own stuff for work! [smilie=th_tease-1]

I love it! [smilie=snoopy]] Now I can order more smell good stuff! :?

Darling, yes indeedy! I am loving all things LOL so far! :shock:

Mama, I hope you enjoy your visit to LOL. I admit to being a little jealous but my budget isn't in the least. [smilie=th_tease-1] We'll all want a full report on your experience, ya know. [smilie=th_c032]

Katz, it sounds like you're watching a horror movie rather than enjoying smellies. I kind of want to know what Death and Nightmare smells like but I'm too skeered to ask. [smilie=snoopy] [smilie=th_bb24]

Jason, :? for all the input and advice. I checked Home Goods return policy and it sounds like they'll exchange it even without a receipt. (Refunds require a receipt.) I'll be going down there one of these days anyway and will bring the candle along. Interesting to know about other stores products not performing as well as regular ones. Who'da thought? [smilie=thank_you] again, buddy!

Gail

Sharonana, that is too cute about your DH! What a guy. He's surely a keeper, eh? :shock: Mine has at least stopped complaining about my smellies so that's real progress. [smilie=snoopy]

Gail

Got home from work and turned around and left again for GNO (girls nite out), but first I

popped CD's Autumn's Bounty in the melter. Came to to a wonderfully smelly house......great fall scent! :shock:

[smilie=snoopy]

Puppylove: I love your DH wants his own stash for himself. I like his thinking and I think that warrants more things for you, yes? The Evening Eclipse scents aren't as scary as you might think. I love earthy, spicy, deeper scents, so this place is always calling my name. Death is eucalyptus and clove and aromatic spices. It is a wonderful mix, sorta masculine, sorta resiny. I really like it myself.

Nightmare reminds me of a crisp dark fall night, full moon shining with notes of wood, eucalyptus and crunchy leaves.

Lana; Have fun on your road trip and get lots of goodies.

Death is eucalyptus and clove and aromatic spices. It is a wonderful mix, sorta masculine, sorta resiny. I really like it myself.

I like this... makes it sound not so bad really!! [smilie=snoopy]

I am melting Carol's Christmas Wish... which is every bit as good as everyone described it! I love it!