The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

got fruit? need help

I am finding that I do not like bakery scents(I know, don't throw a cupcake at me) that have cinnamon or any other spice in. the spice is too overpowering. I am finding that almost everything I MELT makes me slightly nauseated. I've had them far back in the bedroom and the slightest whiff and I feel nauseated. I tried Lemon slices and it smelled so overpowering like fresh laundry; made me nauseated. Clean linen H20 I can handle. I can handle the straight vanilla or buttercream or creme' brulee(melted Nene's creme brulee yesterday and yummy)

I can burn candles w/spice in and it doesn't bother me. Please, please don't tell me that I can't be part of the melting team! something about those little critters is just so pretty and so fun to order. I guess I have to find my nitch.

I'm thinking fruity with no spices. I can do butter, buttercream, vanilla, ice cream, very fresh so could anyone suggest scents that they have tried in the above category? I love Autumn, my fav. time of year-straight apples would be lovely or apple w/vanilla but no spice.

Maybe I am buying them too strong? maybe if they were more subtle, then I wouldn't be overpowered and nauseated? I just bought and received 3 burners so would hate to give this up. does palm wax or paraffin melts make a dif. from the soy in the scent strength? what does 'triple' in the title of scents mean?

IF you have hung on this long w/all the questions, thanks. any and all answers appreciated.

Arrrggghh! Too Strong! Impossible for me. *LOL* But I know some other people like their scents more subtle.

Carol from Candles from the Keeping Room has some lovely apple scents that you may enjoy. Apple is one of the fruits that I have found is close to real scents. I would suggest that you look into hers.

Here is the link that goes directly to her store, and saves fees for her if you use this to access her site:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Candles-From-The-Keeping-Room__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Also, if you decide to order from her, Carol always throws in very generous samples. Let her know the information that you shared with us here, and ask her to suggest some scents.

Here are some of my thoughts:

GHBT has a great Red Delicious Apple. Snozzberry.

Can-Do: Apple Cellar, Banana (I wouldn't re-order, but this was an authentic scent), Citrus Zinger (mix of fruits)

CHC: Nannie's Baked Apples (apple and cinnamon, on the lighter side). Granny's Green Apple (relatively strong green apple, authentic)

Cheryl's: Tangerine Dreams (she has some other tangerine blends, but this is my favorite)

Crosscreek: Farmhouse Apple (this has more of the spices in it, but it's a nice apple scent to me)

CYS: Grapefruit Fresa (if you like bitter grapefruit, this is good. It was not for me.), Darling Clementine, Green Apple (very good green apple scent)

LOL: Blue Candy Apple (apples with sweetness because of the candy), Spazztastic Melon Balls

SH: Peach Grove & Orange Citrus Blossom (lighter scent, but very clean), Paradise (great citrus scent but it is really strong)

WnS: Lemonade Twister (nice, tart lemon. On the stronger side)

If I have more suggestions after I check my notes, I'll let you know.

tunisianswife...I promise you will get no cupcake thrown at you from me. :lol:

I'm not a big fan of bakery smells either. I like clean, fresh smells.

Most of my fruity stuff has been from Nene...Da Lime in Da Coconut, Coconut Mango, Margarita Mama, Tropical Fusion, Lime-oncello, Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper and Coconut Milk.

I have been very happy with all of these.

HTH! B)

thanks for the suggestions, all. I've ordered from Carol-that was my first tart order and yes, she is so nice and I ordered through her ebay store. I got mostly christmas scents(some on cold sniff smell very nice).

I just placed on order with GHBT and ordered Snozzberry! also ordered winter candy apple, pineapple paprika,doodlebug, for the fruity ones. Her shop was back open last night so placed an order.

thanks for all the Nene's tarts. I love her tarts too-I didn't order a whole lot of fall spice from her-mostly clean scented ones so I will check into those others mentioned. they do sound yum.

You might also check into some of the lighter florals too-lavendar in small doses mixed is good.Lavendar Cream from Nene's-very good. From Carol I would recommend Tropical White Musk. If you don't want a whole bag, check and see if she can send you a sample. If not-holler at me and I'll pop you one in the mail. Don't let the name scare you-it's a beautiful, subtle scent that you can actually smell. It lasts for days(in my house) which almost never happens.

You might like some of the more earthy scents as well. Just keep trying-you'll find your niche!

You may also find that your "zone" changes with the seasons. So don't be afraid to throw them in and double check to see if you still can't take em.

thanks, Cat and Denny. I actually love both lavendar and musk so will have to try those. good tip too on the changing seasons concept. Denny, that apple sounds what I would like; not a spice autumnal but just a true apple, and that melon mist sounds lovely!

thanks for all the suggestions.

I am not much for bakery, either. I have also found the fruit, earthy and clean to be more compatible with my lil nose.

Here are a few I like:

Candle Dippers -Cantalope Lily, Lime Bubbles, Strawberry Fields, Redwood and Cedar, Blue Lotus, Fruit Smoothie, 4 Leaf Clover

Cheryl's - Apricot Vanilla, Fruity Loops, Asian Fruit, Grapefruit Verbena, Lime Kiwi, Blackberry Sage, Ginger Peach

Tunis~

CYS has exceptional fruit and fruit blend scents. Some are strong, some not so much but she has a real knack for mixing is you want to take a peek.

www.cleanseyoursoul.com

Guest Anonymous

I am not much of a bakery fan either but I do like most pink blends and creamy buttery blends. I also like fruit, outdoorsy, clean scents and some spice but not too strong ( meaning - so strong, it makes my eyes water).

In terms of fruit blends, I really like GHBT Lavender Apple,&Friendship Tea ; Can-Dos Apple Vanilla & Apple Cellar; Crosscreeks Hello Sugar, Citrus Cream , All Hallows Eve and Orange Smoothie; Grumpy Girls Orange you Special, Love me some Lemon Curd and Ay Carumba; Yankee Candles Autumn Fruit, Moonlight Harvest and Vanilla Lime.

Funny enough, the only Citrus H20 I have tried was from Everyday Whims and it was way too strong for me.

Good Luck! HTH

Some other thoughts:

Angie's (there has been a wax change and these are not as strong IMO as they used to be. Still nice, but lighter. May be good for what you need.): Chamomile & Musk Melon (more fresh and clean, but a bit of fruit), Cucumber Melon, Honeydew Melon, Lemon Sugar Crystals (this is a tart lemon)

Bizzy B's (these are on the lighter side): Botanical Orchard & Nectar Blooms, Sun Ripened Blackberries & Mediterranean Sage (very clean)

Just melted Grumpy Girl's Romp In The Orchard - very good red apple, but it is strong. I was using a Cranky Cup. You may want to try a clam and use just one or two cubes. GG is having a 20% off sale right now.

Country Chunkie: Raspberry Guava (SSS makes a good one, too)