The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Person Below Me Game

(thank you - no news yet but she is tough!)

I'm afraid my wood-chopping days are over... We have a small fire pit and we just buy a small stack of wood locally.  *wimpy wimpy wimpy*

The person below me wakes up in the middle of the night and reads.

No...I usually go to bed pretty late so once I fall asleep I'm gone until morning. I do read "before" bed a lot though.

The person below me watches a particular weekly show on television.

In reruns, yes - we are binge-watching NCIS, again, on Netflix.   Otherwise, no because we don't watch network TV at all.  We don't have cable, just Roku, and although we have a small antenna that we can use for network TV, it is a bit of a pain to put it up in the window.  (DH loves TV and I don't, so anything that makes it more difficult is fine by me... Mean Girls, I realize...)

The person below me has written a poem.

Lolololol....I need to copy your tactics! My life would be easy street! [smilie=th_lmao-1] We never had cable when I was a teen. My parents refused when it came out...everyone had MTV and Nickelodeon but we had PBS. My Dad put an antenna in the attic that we could spin remotely to face wherever the signal was coming from. Pretty cool actually. 

Yes, I wrote a lot of poetry as a youngster. Teen angst and all. 

The person below me currently owns a wood wick candle.

(Haha!! I love your dad's remote aerial adjustor, that's just awesome!  Same at our house growing up - PBS was the excitement.   As for cable...don't get me started on the noise, noise, noise from the idiot box...🤬)

In fact I do own a baby Woodwick candle, in Evergreen!  I like their little cracking sounds.  (And you?)

The person below me owns a Roomba.

Yes! I usually have a variation of evergreen type burning at Christmas time...I currently have one Fraser Fir one and two Pumpkin Muffin ones. One of the PM ones has a flame that's so big it emits smoke! I can't get it to burn low like the other one. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]Ugh.

I do not have a roomba.  My Dad has one although it seems to be sitting in the corner covered in dust. Do they work? When I think of them I think of Wayne Szalinski from Honey I Shrunk the Kids...lol. 

The person below me like to play cards.

(🤣🤣🤣I don't know if they work, lol...I don't have one but I see them on IG with Baby Yoda riding on top... I'm sure Clementine would be pouncing on it.)

Well, yes, I do love to play cards.  I blame my father for this, as he taught me how to play poker from an early age.  When I ran with the fire department, I used to deal poker at the yearly Fireman's Festival...that got interesting as people got drunker.  But I am always up for a card game, not that I've played recently. (And you?  I could foresee a girls' game for our wax troupe...).

The person below me will plant some bulbs here shortly.

Oh I'm pitiful. I'm always up for learning a new board or card game...the problem is remembering how to play once it's over. My brain. :sCo_hmmthink: My uncle would always play penny poker with my siblings and I when we were young...it was so fun and a great memory. I would have loved to see you dealing cards with the firemen...lol.

The person below me has purchased a "Charlie brown Christmas tree" at some point.

(oh, I see a poker game in our future... And lol on forgetting the rules... I cannot play those games like bridge or euchre where you have to remember what everybody has played... Forget about it... Not happening)

Yes on the Charlie Brown tree!  We were living in Japan in 1978, and Christmas trees were not a thing in Japan at all back then... But we found one little shopkeeper near the Navy base, where there were a few pitiful trees he had chopped from somewhere... The one we got was only a few feet tall, and stuck out several feet on one side with nothing on the other... DH called it "the Christmas Bush" and we just put the bare side to the wall... Beautiful memories!  (Have you?)

The person below me has a special winter hat that she loves wearing.

Oh yes we have a Charlie Brown tree....right now as a matter of fact! We went to the farm to get some boughs of evergreen and there were some tiny pitiful trees. Briana wanted to pick up one so we picked the worst one...that no one else would want and brought it home. It's sideways and looks to be leaning over with less branches on the back but I think it looks pretty good dressed up. :thyay: I love your story about Japan and I can just imagine your sweet tree! 

Nope...I don't wear hats much so I don't have a favorite. Maybe that's the problem.[smilie=th_aa17]

The person below me has seen some snowfall this season. (It's currently flurrying here. [smilie=th_c2e41937])

(I love, love, love that you bought the worst tree you could find... You gave it love... I'm sure it is very happy!)

Yes, I was so happy that I was home when it snowed for the first time this year in our neck of the woods in Ohio.  And tomorrow I might get to see a lot more snow, with the impending snow storm!! I'm excited!! ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Ooops I forgot to finish here.  🤦

The person below me will make a snow angel this week, snow allowing!! 

Our poor little tree is so dry that I'm afraid if we turn on the Christmas lights it will burst into flames. :sAng_explosive:It's seriously a tree just like Charlie Brown...it's just nailed into an X of wood....no way to water it and we got it almost a month ago. LOL 

No, I did not make a snow angel this time. :smileysnowangel:
The person below me is good at getting stains out of carpets.

Haha!  I am horrible at getting stains out of anything.... And due to DH's allergies, we don't have carpeting... Just a few area rugs which are washable.  (Uh oh - why are you asking this - 😬)

The person below me has recently bought a new pair of shoes for work. 🥿🥿

Lololol.....yes, how'd ya guess? My daughter spilled an entire glass of red wine on her carpet. It's white. 

No, but someone bought some for me for Christmas! Minnetonka slip ons. 
The person below me prefers bagging gifts to wrapping them.

(oh no!! Red wine on a white carpet - so did it come out?? Ugh I'm sorry!! And your shoes sound lovely and just my style.  I love slip-ons.)

Yes, because I am essentially lazy and uncreative, I definitely prefer bagging gifts. I do like the look of a beautifully wrapped gift, but then I hate that it gets torn apart, so I guess I am ambivalent about the whole thing.  #bagsforthewin

The person below me has done needlepoint and likes to do it.

I used to do needlepoint. I haven't in a while.

The person below me (remembers to) put body lotion on every day. (LOL Can you guess who forgets?)

Body lotion...I definitely forget half the time! - I do put it on my hands and arms after I remember...🤦

The person below me plans to reorganize some closets this year. 😱

Funny you you should mention that...my family room closet/wax storage closet needs a reorganization for sure!

The person below me has a favorite book.

(It's been awhile... Guilty!)

A favorite book... That is tough because I love quite a few.  I would say that To Kill A Mockingbird is up there. (How about you?)

The person below me has a favorite movie.

Hmmm....Favorite book? I used to read a book a week for years...lots of great authors that I can't remember for the life of me. LOL....the only ones that come to mind now are children's books. LOL 

Favorite movie....I have so many...I love Dragonfly, The Birds, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Signs, Back to the Future I.....but my all time favorite is Stand By Me because it reminds me of me and my friends when we were 12...except we were girls. How about you?

The person below me owns a bicycle.

(I love that you and your friends were like Stand By Me...I have some similar memories.  It was a simpler world, wasn't it?   Favorite movie - like you, I have so many.  Contact with Josie Foster, The Family Man with Nicolas Cage, To Kill A Mockingbird, Good Will Hunting, Brokeback Mountain, Arrival with Amy Adams, Brick Lane, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.)

Yes I do have a bicycle. ❤️ It is an old five speed that I bought for $10 at a yard sale and it is great for our relatively flat country roads.   

The person below me wants to learn or do something new.

Good deal on that bike! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Hmmmm. I've always wanted to travel across America...stop in different places and see different things.

The person below me listens to podcasts.

(traveling across America is in our plans as well - so much to see!)

Yes I do listen to all sorts of things...a recent podcast is Hey, Stranger! by Thoraya Maronesy.  She interviews strangers and the results are often very moving.

The person below me keeps a journal.

Thanks for that reco....I'm gonna go listen!

No, I don't. I used to but my feelings change so often that I'm not happy with what I write...positive or negative... when I look back.

The person below me has worn a brace somewhere on their body.

(I feel the same - I used to keep a journal, for years - and ended up tossing it.  In the words of Edna Mode - "I never look back, dahling - it interferes with the now.")

I'm not sure it was a brace, but I wrenched my knee about 11 years ago and wore a wrap that you could alternate with heat, ice, heat, ice.  It saved the day.  (And how about you?)

The person below me still colors eggs.