The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Person Below Me Game

Yes I can whistle.  In and out, lol.  I blame my father for this... Long hours singing and whistling in the car.  It has come in useful... one of the songs we do in our little group is Don't Worry, Be Happy, and there is whistling.  I'm not as good as Bobby McFerrin so I always ask for help.

The person below me has watched an entire concert online.

(ha!  One of my goals is for us to go to a live concert together.)

Well, I have decorated with gourds in the past, but not lately... But that sounds like a good idea and now you are giving me ideas!

The person below me has a specific favorite pumpkin scent from a specific vendor.

🎼I'd love that! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04🎫 <---but we must dance like this! 

I "think" my favorite pumpkin scent is Spotted Hog's "Perfect Pumpkin Pie". I'm a little weird with pumpkin scents...sometimes they have this musty background note that turns me off....nobody else notices it except me but if I smell it....ugh. I enjoy a nice spicy pumpkin too. I have been on a search for a pumpkin scent that I smelled many years ago in a candle from Northern Lights...it was called Spiced Pumpkin but it wasn't  spicy and smelled like pumpkin donuts, wood floors, apple peels and pie crusts. Just like walking into an apple orchard bake shop. I fell in love with it but of course they stopped making it. I've tried to blend it myself but it is elusive. One day I will capture it....[smilie=th_12E9EC16]
The person below me enjoys apple scents in the fall...and if so...what is your favorite?

(I will be happy to dance EXACTLY like that, In fact, I am practicing it now.  We will find something excellent.)

(And yes!!  I remember that one from The Spotted Hog, and it was excellent... Also her Spider Cider and Deadly Donuts, was that the name?  LOL!  Oooh, should we place a little order?)

Apple scents... If Apple and I were on Facebook, our relationship status would be "it's complicated." We have broken up so many times.  However, we can't stay away from one another.  Your Northern Lights blend sounds so beautiful... And of course it's discontinued.   I hope someone will be able to do as customs for you.  I would say that I prefer green apple to Mac apple.... And yes there is one I love - from VCS, but of course I have forgotten the name, which is green apple and ginger ale - fabulous!  Hayden Rowe also has a nice green apple, and I have forgotten that name as well... How about you??

The person below me has a favorite musical instrument she likes to listen to.

:sSig_rofl: I hope your practicing went well!!!! [smilie=th_e13]

Sadly...Spotted Hog is closed right now. I “think” I have some of her wax in my fall box...just not sure what. As for Apple scents....I love them! But I’m the opposite of you and like the Macintosh and other red variety the best.🍎

As for a favorite instrument to listen to...that’s tough. I enjoy drum solos, guitar solos and many others...but I could listen to the piano and violin playing solo for hours. (Could have something to do with my DDs play those exact instruments) [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

(you're right - Spotted Hog is down for the moment, sadness!!  But yes... I can imagine we both have many fall scents already... But still...)

(And yes... It makes sense that you would love those instruments, given that your daughters play them! I also would have a hard time narrowing down a favorite.)

The person below me has tried Nigerian or other African food.

I have not but it sounds intriguing....I love to try foods from all over the world. I must say I haven't found anything I haven't liked yet. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

The person below me currently owns a rocking chair.

Yes I do - it was my mom's from when she was in the nursing home, so it is brings many different emotions.  However I enjoy rocking... Have to watch Clemmie's tail...

The person below me is thinking about getting a new part time job once Covid passes...

Awww...a bittersweet memory. [smilie=th_empathy]

Yes...I do plan on going back once the coast is clear. I'm thinking I'll try subbing in different places to see where I like.

The person below me likes flavored coffee.

Normally I like coffee just black.  I love the taste and smell of coffee by itself.  This time of year, I will enjoy some pumpkin spice creamer a few times, but that's it.

The person below me observes certain superstitions. 

No...not really.  I always open umbrellas in the house, walk under ladders and I've broken lots of mirrors. Plus my favorite number is 13. It's very lucky for me! [smilie=th_aa17]  However, I guess I do the "knock on wood" thing but never really thought about why...lol. 

The person below me has ordered wax in some form from a "new to them" vendor within the last few weeks.

(I do fret over the superstitions... Silly I know... But still...)

Well, let's see, have I ordered from NTM vendors lately...it is possible... Yes...Up The Creek, Sweet Sage, and Nellie's Acres have all been paid at least one visit within the last month... And I'm delighted with all of their wax, so this just spells more trouble ahead!  🤦🤣❤️

The person below me has candles stored in more than one location in her house.

Hmmm....candles....other than what I have out to burn...nope. All of my candles are in a grey hutch/cabinet I bought for the kitchen just for that purpose. 

The person below me likes chewy treats/candies.

I suppose I do... Bullseye's... Caramels... Neon worms... Tootsie rolls... Twizzlers... But they are not my first choice.  A crispy cookie (Tate's) or a big chewy salty pretzel (Philadelphia airport) will outdo these any day.  That said, I think I like most treats, which will always be an issue. 🙄 (And you? 😎)

The person below me has bought some special cloth masks this year.

Yes...I love chewy things. I think it's because I used to smoke and when I quit I started chewing things. Of course, that's when I got my first cavities...made it through my whole childhood without any and got them as an adult. [smilie=th_hmph] 

Oh yes...I've bought lots of lovely masks! I bought some from my favorite artist, John Bramblitt. Plus some tie dye....dragonflies.....butterflies. [smilie=th_LOVE]

The person below me enjoys raking leaves. 

I do not rake leaves at all...I let them lie... My belief is that they are nature's natural mulch and I guess I am very stubborn about this.  They seem to serve our bushes well so this is my story and I'm sticking with it. 😎  However I do love being outside in any capacity and enjoy walking through the crunchy leaves...

The person below me throws away almost all of the snail mail which comes every day.

Oh yes!  I am always ready for snow.  There have been pics on IG of folks in MN with snow on the ground and I am so jealous.  I've seen several different woolly worms, with differing amounts of black versus brown fur, so no clue what the weather holds for Ohio!

The person below me uses a particular type of bread for French Toast.

I rarely make French Toast but when I have I love using the extra big slices of Texas Toast. 

The person below me has a favorite color fall leaf.

Fall leaves give me chills, they are so beautiful, and I love them all. If I had to pick a favorite, I guess it would be the red maple... especially in New England, where it seems like the tree is lit from inside.

The person below me wants to change up the Thanksgiving menu this year.

Me too! 🍁

At this point we are staying home so probably not. We usually recreate the same foods my mother always did...sometimes adding one or two new things but since she made so many sides...that's always difficult.

The person below me loves going to the ocean in the winter.

(yes... no get-together this year for us either, with our son's friends...one of the elder parents is ill...😭 scared for her)

I love, love, love going to the ocean in the winter... When we lived on Long Island we used to frequently go to Northport or Montauk and walk... It's so clear and beautiful and quiet without all the summer hubbub.  I miss that very much.

The person below me is seeing lots of migrating birds these days.

Oh no...I'm sorry about your friend! I hope she gets better soon! 🙏🏻

Yes, lots of birds in the skies. We will get the Canadian Geese...although I haven't seen or heard them yet which is odd.

The person below me chops their own wood.