The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Person Below Me Game

A Christmas pie? I'm not sure what that would be. Do tell!! Growing up, Christmas was when we had homemade cherry cheesecake and Christmas cookies. I'm not a big cookie baker but I always make the cheesecake.

The person below me prefers blinking lights to steady lights on a Christmas tree.

Yes to cherry cheesecake!!  I meant was there any special pie at Christmas (pecan, cherry, apple, mince...).   But I have also done cherry cheesecake on numerous Christmases like yourself and now that you've mentioned it....hmmmm.... 🍒🍒🍒

Blinking lights... Yes, and I would say I prefer twinkling lights best of all, where individual lights twinkle on and off.  I don't like so well when entire trees, or entire sections, blink on and off as a group.  

The person below me has a Christmas creche.

I agree with you totally re the lights! I have some steady and some twinkling on my tree. ❤️ As for the pie...thanks....now I get you...I don't think we have a pie staple for Christmas. 

Yes! My mom gave one to my DH and me for our first Christmas as a married couple. It looks almost the same as hers....so it is very dear to me. 
The person below me has a real fireplace and has already used it this year.

Fireplace - not yet - when we downsized three years ago, we gave up the huge WBFP we used to have in our former home. 😭 But in a few months, we will be completely debt-free, so a gas fireplace is on the list of home upgrades on the (short) list. 🔥 I love a fireplace so very much (and I hope the person below me has one as well).

The person below me gives Christmas presents to the mailman and garbage man.

Yes!

(I have always wanted a fireplace but have no wall available to put one in so I make do with a electric one)

The person below me hangs Christmas cards.

Well, normally yes I do hang them, but for whatever reason, this year they are in a pile on the table!   *shameful*

The person below me will leave up some of the Christmas decor as Winter decor.

Already done.  I had two gifted BBW candles, one a too-sweet caramel scent and the other the very cologney Graphite, which were exchanged for Berry Waffle Cone and Strawberry Pound Cake, both a great improvement. ♥️♥️ (How about you?)

The person below me will make a special dish for New Year's Day.

Ahhhh.....no? [smilie=th_pardon]I don't have a clue about what I'd like to cook tomorrow. I'm not a big NYE person but since it's Tuesday, Dad will come for dinner. Any ideas? 

The person below me has used a weighted blanket.

***I did get a lot of candles, but I like them all so I either kept them or gave them to my girls.

I haven't used a weighted blanket but I like the concept - I've always layered blankets to get that weighted feeling.  Until they get too hot... And get kicked off...🤔

(I'm not making anything special either...I used to do a pork roast, sauerkraut and black-eyed peas for good luck but idk, we may just do Chinese 🤣 and I'm glad you loved all your candles!)

The person below me is reading a new book.

Oh that sounds delicious...I'm hankering for some Chinese food. We ended up eating taco bowls.

I'm not reading anything at the moment but I miss it....I may start a book next week after my gala...lol.

The person below me owns a compass and has used it.

Yikes, I no longer have my compass!   I had a diving compass for some years  when we lived near the ocean.  I do know how to use one (and could have used it a few years ago when Montgomery the Pyr and I were totally lost hiking in the woods, lol).

The person below me uses a particular tool for trimming wicks.

Yes I would enjoy some snow!  It is January, after all!  So much rain instead. 🙄

The person below me will have a signature drink at an upcoming party.

Hmmmm.....well I bought some Chianti for the Italian theme....but I'll probably drink a cranberry grapefruit vodka drink. Not too exciting but it tastes good. [smilie=th_cocktail]

The person below me has a favorite style of wax....shape, type, etc.  

(mmmmm... Cranberry grapefruit sounds perfect!)

Now that's a tough one.  I enjoy wax in so many different forms.  Scoops are ultra strong, but a little messy to dispense.  I love unique shapes for their creativity and cuteness, but because they are irregular they can be awkward to store.  I like loaves because it's somehow inherently satisfying to have such a chunk of a favorite wax, but it usually ends up being too much in quantity.   Clamshells are easy to store, but it seems that the plastic can get soft and funky and not hold in the smell over time.  I guess for practicality and ease of use and storage, I like the breakawsy bars, but for aesthetics I love shapes. ♥️. Good grief that was TMI! 🤯

The person below me loves when her guests help clean up.

Nah...I think I'd rather work on it after everyone leaves. When they come over, it's their turn to relax. I'm usually chasing people out of my kitchen...lol.

The person below me has a night light in a room.

*** Not TMI at all! I love the breakaway bars too....it seems like a decent amount of wax in a shape that's sooooo easy to store AND much less garbage.

(You are very generous to do all the cleanup!)

Yes, I have nightlights throughout the house except in the bedroom.  We both are good at crashing into things in the dark and making a racket  DH could sleep with any lights on but I like to sleep with the bedroom pitch black, so there is a balance to be struck there.  The path to the door must be clear. 🤣

The person below me likes some alone time during a particular time of day when everyone else is asleep.

Yes...I usually do but I'm trying to get more sleep. My face is dripping off me due to the lack of it. Lol

The person below me has used a tanning bed/spray.

(more sleep = always such a good thing!!)

I can't say I have ever used a tanning bed or tanning spray.  I am my pasty white and I have come to accept it, lol, just don't tan very well.

The person below me uses a backpack.

Well, I don't think this is really hidden from all of you, but I like to play the guitar and sing.

The person below me likes to make French toast.

(I would be eating every bite of your homemade French Toast!!)

Yes I do like Weird Al!  I especially liked "Eat It" many moons ago. 😂

The person below me has a favorite tool to scrape ice from the windshield.

Awww...thanks Amy! I love French toast too! And I've had a re-interest in Weird Al lately...some of his old stuff is hysterical....Smells like Nirvana....Lololol. 

I just use a handy old ice scraper. Nothing fancy...probably costs 5 bucks....but tbh I park in the garage so I rarely use it. 

The person below me likes to eat a fruit every day.