The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

EggNog

ilovescentedthings:

I felt the Illuminations was a comfort scent too BUT when the store is gone, so are the candles, so now I have to find a new source for tarts AND candles. I never tried YC so I have no comparison.

Cisley

Cisley

what you mean by comforting eggnog? Do you mean like creamy, sweet milky scent without spices?

I will check with my Yankee store again but awhile back I was shown the papers from headquarters which said Eggnog would be back in October in the large jar as a returning treasure. I found it to be very strong in tart form and my friend used the candles and they were quite strong also.

You can order Eggnog from the Yankee website right now in the large and medium jars.

Heads up chicklets! Nene's has released her Eggnog scent. [smilie=th_funny_sign] I saw the name had changed to Spiked Eggnog, so emailed Missy to make sure it's the same oil she used last year and it is. [smilie=th_coffeespew] Funny......she said she's gotten numerous requests for it, so she brought it out early. Hmmmmm......wonder who could be sending all those inquiries..... [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Heads up chicklets! Nene's has released her Eggnog scent. :? I saw the name had changed to Spiked Eggnog, so emailed Missy to make sure it's the same oil she used last year and it is. [smilie=group_hug] Funny......she said she's gotten numerous requests for it, so she brought it out early. Hmmmmm......wonder who could be sending all those inquiries..... :lol:

Yah! Nene's eggnog is wonderful!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I burned a Huckleberry Layne Eggnog candle last week and it was so good I could have drunk it. [smilie=th_316785e4] Her new Pumpkin Nog is wonderful also. I was so glad I liked the candle in the Eggnog as well as I liked it in tarts. Sometimes there is a difference but not with this one.

Denise, I went and peused CFTKR just to see what if any new scents she had listed. Here's an eggnog and copy/pasted for you. It sounds yummy!

The scent of this tart is called NOEL NOG-a super blend of sweet yummy egg nog....and our imfamous vanilla bean..a hint of caramely down...a wave of the magic scent wand...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Noel-Nog-Candle-Tarts-New-Farm-Fresh-Line_W0QQitemZ400079108398QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCandles?hash=item5d2692b92e

I emailed Deana at CC earlier today to see if she would mind doing a custom blend of Eggnog/Vanilla Bean Noel for me (or Eggnog/Vanilla Smoothie). She already said that she doesn't mind doing Candy Cane and Vanilla Bean Noel. I love just about anything with Noel. It's one of my favorites! And the cold sniff on her Eggnog is really good. I'm sure Carol's is great too. [smilie=th_bounce]

Sweet, I'm so happy for you that you found another eggnog you love! :shock: , and Monalissa, that combo sounds divine as a custom! Does Deana take any custom order, or does it have to be a combo from her scent list?

I think NeNe makes the most authentic smelling eggnog.

Thanks, Heart! My guess is that as long as she has the oil she's open to it? It doesn't hurt to ask if you have something in mind!

Has anyone tried Gold Canyon's Spiced Eggnog?

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a jar of that last night and I will let you know what I think. I hope it is a good one!

Nene's spiked eggnog, although I have not melted it yet, the cold sniff is so nice and strong and smells just like you're whiffing a carton of the stuff straight from the shelf in the dairy aisle. lol

I can't pick out the Vanilla Bean Noel in the Eggnog blend I got from Crosscreek just yet, but the combo smells just like the canned Borden's Eggnog we drink around the holidays. I can't wait to melt one of my snowflakes!

Have you melted it yet? I am curious to know if it is strong and fragrant? I really like Nene's but I'd sure like to find something more like Illuminations. Crosscreek's plain Eggnog was the closest I have found but not strong enough for me. I think I will ask for extra super duper strong and see if that can be done!

Cisley

Denise, I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Cisley, I haven't melted all week because of a cold, but it smells pretty strong out of the bag even with my being congested.