The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
floridamom03

Hi-- new here

Hello Candlefind Peeps! This is my first post but I have been lurking for a couple of weeks. I am a scent addict, always have been. I used to burn candles all the time in my old house (Yankee was my fave) but I hated the soot I saw on the ceilings and walls. When we moved into my new house I quit burning candles. I also love Wildberry brand incense (I have LOTS of diff ones) but DH can't stand the smoke. I would burn it constantly if I could.

I recently placed a Cleanse Your Soul order for some fragrance oil roll ons (OH MY GAWDDDD AWESOME experience-- I LOVE CYS) and in my order Judy included a free tart in Pink Sugar. Well WHY DID SHE DO THAT!? The roll on scents I got from her are AMAZING. Every night I spend a good while deciding which scent I will wear the next day. I LOVE IT! (part of my 'me-time').

Its a good thing Judy's (CYS) TAT is so long (2--3 wks) or I'd be ordering her stuff DAILY. She opened up a WHOLE NEW can of worms with that. Where have tarts been all my life!??????? I swear I think I have OCD because now I MUST try every single non-foody tart from every vendor I see on CandleFind (NOT GOOD!). Ever since she sent me that one Pink Sugar tart, I have ordered HUNDREDS of tarts from diff vendors (more from CYS, NeNes, CandleDippers, Bad Kitti, Can-Do, CFTKR, HaleysHeavenlyScents, Spotted Hog, Candles by Victoria, Fragrant Memories, Country Chunkie and I'm prolly forgetting some).

Some of these vendors I have already placed multiple orders with because I loved what they sent so much.

You name it, I've ordered it. Now I wanna quit my job so I can stay home all day and MELT TARTS! I just ordered an adjustable halogen burner so I can melt them at work in my cube using the lowest setting which hopefully won't be too strong for my coworkers.

I need to quit reading this forum because now I want to try HoT (glad she's closed right now I swear) and EveryDay Whims (glad she's closed too). I now have a Word doc with LISTS of stuff I still want to try, and lists of my faves! I wanted to share some of my faves with you all, things you MUST TRY if you haven't yet. I really really can't do bakery or sweet scents but I can do some fruity non cakey ones. In 2003 I lost 80+ lb doing low carb and I have kept it off. Overcoming food demons is a life changing event but anything can set it off.. and sweet bakery scents is one thing that can. It's a lifelong struggle! I hate cookie cutter scents and I LOVE unique scents, exotic scents, anything that takes me to another place, if you get my drift.

OK enough @ me. My faves so far are (in no particular order & I've included the vendor's scent description). I admit that some of these I have NOT even burned yet, I just ADORE the scent cold. I KNOW my list will grow as I burn all these tons of tarts I have. I hope you take the time to read my entire list because I think EVERYONE should try them! They are that awesome.:

Cleanse Your Soul (sale right now, 10 2oz tarts any combination of scents $11.50 plus $5 flat rate shipping- I just ordered THIRTY MORE!) VERY unique scents!!!!!:

Bello E Caldo (you have GOT TO TRY THIS!)- Italian for "beautiful and warm". Warm musk scent with a hint of vanilla and the slightest wildflower undertone

Monet's Garden (absolutely BEAUTIFUL)- Airy water-inspired scent. I love this!

Autumn Song- the best scents of autumn! Green and red apples, fresh air, leaves and a slight wood smoke note blended together

Cape Cod- Another scent designed by a customer: notes of Salt water taffy, suntan lotion and sea air

Hearthside- Sandalwood, Oakmoss and vanilla blended with the comforting scent of a cozy fireplace

Coral Sugar (OMGGG)- Blend of Blood Orange and Pink Sugar. This smells amazing!

Aspen Snowfall- Bay Leaf, Fresh Pine, Red Cinnamon and warm winter woodsy notes combined with hints of holiday fruits. The perfect holiday scent!

Crimson Coconut- Cranberry Orange blended with Coconut

Berry Patch (not very berryish, very very nice)- Patchouli infused with cherry almond, strawberry and hints of Sandalwood and Jasmine. Again…I don’t love patchouli, but this is really pretty

Laughing Out Loud:

Buddha- Happy notes of light floral, dragons blood, woods & patchouli. Very pretty!

Karma-Kazi- A powdery blend of dragons blood and patchouli

Pink Sugar Mon Sherry- BEST SELLER! Named after a customer of mine, Sherry wanted a beautiful blend of cherries and pink sugar. It turned out gorgeous

Can-Do-Candles (Donna is AWESOME!)

SpellWeaver (when I tell you I LOVE THIS SCENT, I SOO MEAN IT!! Totally magical)-

Patchouli, Sandalwood, incense. Very strong and intoxicating!

Blue Sugar- A sugary sweet, slightly masculine vanilla/licorice type scent. With notes of mandarin and bergamont, coriander and star anise on a base of caramelized sugar. It's supposed to be the male version of Pink Sugar, but it can go either way.

Bendel Bean- Henri Bendel's Vanilla Bean fragrance is enhanced with patchouli and sweet jasmine, a captivating and exquisitely sensual blend. If you like Blue Sugar, I think you'll like this one too.

Cashmere- White musk, cedar, sandalwood and veviter.

Chocolate Amber- sensual amber with inviting notes of honeyed chocolate, juicy berries, rare vanilla orchid and other stuff to create and intoxicating blend of passion and innocence.

Amber Desire (not listed on her page but she sent it as a freebie and OMG!)

Grandma's Cedar Chest- Sachets, linens and cedar.

Lemongrass & Olive (AWESOME, so clean)- Fresh lemons. NO Pledge to this one at all.

Lessie's Prim Wishes- this scent starts with crisp and sweet top notes of bergamot, that are followed by jasmine blended with patchouli, vanilla, and cedar wood on a bed of amber...absolutely stunning fragrance!

Pretty Woman- Fresh and feminine. Very pretty!

NeNe's:

Egyptian Splendor (melting this now and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just ordered 1/2 lb Kitchen Krumbles!!)- Notes of dragons blood, patchouli, and tears of myrrh combined with rose, jasmine and light musk. Delicious and exotic!

Egyptian Musk- Just like the oil I get from my favorite street vendor in NYC - Rich, sweet, and exotic; an amazing and ethereal scent.

Full Moon:

Patchouli Mix (awesome!)

Candles by Victoria:

Cleopatra's Closet- A combination of an aromatic blend starting with top notes of powdery peony petals, romantic alyssum, jasmine, and fresh strawberries, with bottom notes of lily of the valley, Egyptian musk, and vanilla beans.

Country Chunkie

Hillbilly Homebrew- A best seller!- The aroma of mulled cider with woodsy notes of oak, cinnamon bark and cloves, with hints of wildberries. Very Strong!

I think that's enough for now! But I am sure to be a regular poster here because as I told one vendor, SCENT RAWKS MY WORLD!! [smilie=th_roll] Glad to find others like me:)

Hi Allie, welcome and great post. Based on your suggestions, I'm gonna have a look see at those I haven't tried yet.

Have a great time and enjoy your time here!

Hi Allie,

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're starting to post and participate. Your first post is awesome! Thanks for all the good info!

Gail

[smilie=th_roll]

Isn't it funny? They say even one of whatever can push an addict over the edge...LOL! Who knew what that one lil tart could do!

Welcome Allie!

CYS is one vendor I haven't tried yet, but I am definitely placing on order soon!!

Thanks for the great suggestions! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Debbie

Debbie, you will NOT be sorry with CYS. Very unique scents-- strong too IMO (but I am a tart newbie so what do I know). The only thing with CYS (which is a GOOD thing for me) is her 2-3 week TAT (which she publishes openly on her page). If she were shipping the same day I was ordering, I'd be ordering daily!

Those CYS scents I listed, TRULY try them! I think her 10 tart for $11.50 sale is over 8/31. It would normally be $15 for 10 (they are $1.50 each). And if you like roll-on fragrance oils, OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] You won't smell like anyone else you know!

Welcome, Allie: What roll-on scents have you tried from CYS. I tried my first one around a month ago. It I is called Beholden, and it is fantastic. I think from the scents you say you like from different vendors, we have very similar tastes. I love Earthy, woodsy, wood (cedar, etc.) nag champa ,, patchouli, to name a few notes. The same goes for my perfume scents, I like the incense scents of Comme Des Garcons, Ava Luxe scents, HoT, LOL, The Goth rosary has some great (earthier) scents. I could go on and on. Welcome from Indianapolis, and I know you'll love it here. [smilie=th_Hello_] [smilie=th_pullhair] [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Yall are awesome!!! Katzncandles I LUV earthy scents!! Those vendors that you listed- they sell good earthy tarts??

Uh you really wanna know my list of CYS roll on scents? Its quite long... :). Now I wish I bought some of the pink sugar blends because I got regular pink sugar roll on from another vendor & LUV it.

Rachel Goes Tropical

Tropical Tornado

Moroccan Musk

Neroli Lime

Tequila Lime

Los Angeles

Toscano

Maile Lei

Irish Spring

Satsuma Tangerine Blast

Yuzu Coconut

Hushed

Lav Chamomile

Strawberry Lemonade Cooler

Hawaiin Rain

Blue Raspberry Coconut

Sun & Sand

Mango Coconut Peach

Pink Lemonade

Cactus & Sea Salt

Berry Mojito

Rainforest Mist

Blackberry Lemonade

Purple Haze

Lemonder

Bamboo Teak

I do like tropical type scents to wear & I LUVV pink sugar to wear!! The only one I don't like is Lemonder (just like Joy lemon dish liquid).

Welcome, Allie: What roll-on scents have you tried from CYS. I tried my first one around a month ago. It I is called Beholden, and it is fantastic. I think from the scents you say you like from different vendors, we have very similar tastes. I love Earthy, woodsy, wood (cedar, etc.) nag champa ,, patchouli, to name a few notes. The same goes for my perfume scents, I like the incense scents of Comme Des Garcons, Ava Luxe scents, HoT, LOL, The Goth rosary has some great (earthier) scents. I could go on and on. Welcome from Indianapolis, and I know you'll love it here. [smilie=th_e16] [smilie=The_Hi] [smilie=th_we0081]

Hi Allie! [smilie=th_we0081]

CYS is one of my favorite vendors too! I have been making my way through the scent list and I can honestly say I haven't disliked any yet. Just some are even better than others....actually they are ADDICTING!!! Glad your here.

Late to the party-but welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start! More great ones from CYS-

Pink Fairy Frosting(smells just like Pink Fairy Dust from Busy Bee-pink sugar blend)

Sugar Daddy's Girl-another pink blend

I actually love all of her Pinks and her custom blends are to die for!

LOL is another fab vendor! Great choices.

Nene's-Oriental Amber is also a great scent choice for earthy.

Have fun!

Welcome Allie! Boy oh boy do you have the scent bug bad! You're in good company over here.