The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Lemon Gumdrops

Help! Buckeye's appears to be OOB - at least one of the web pages I bring up says they are shutting down operations. :cry:

I have loved the scent Lemon Gumdrop - hard to explain but it reminds me of lemon with a laundry soap finish. It is not a true lemon scent.

Have you seen this somewhere else?

debra, that sounds like a cool scent! I know a couple of vendors carry a scent called Citrus Linen H2O....maybe that would be similiar.

Debra:

Gosh, I have no clue. My favorite lemons are:

Crosscreek ~ Fresh Sliced Lemons

Southern Star ~ Lemonheads

Blue Gecko ~ Lemon Meringue Twang

Nene's ~ Lemon Squares

I don't think any of those smell like what you are describing BUT if you can't find what you are looking for, I'd try these because they are gooooooood.

Cisley

That's so sad, Debra.

SSS has one called Lemon Fresh that has a clean finish. I haven't tried the Buckeye scent so I can't say if this is similar.

Hey, Debra:

Can you contact them and ask them if they could make you a "going away batch" and tell them it's your favorite and you'd REALLY like to have it because you don't want to be left with just an empty baggy to sniff for the rest of your life???

Give it a try, can't hurt.

Cisley

LOL cis - I can try, not even sure they are still around. The site looks like it is a done deal!

Thanks for the other suggestions and I will ck Lakeside too - I looked at them the other day for something else...maybe it is a sign? [smilie=th_goodnight]

debra... you could email one of your favorite vendors with a description of the scent to see if they could make some melts for you. I am thinking a vendor with a large scent list (they would have lots of oils on hand).... Crosscreek, CFTKR, LOL maybe? It is worth a try. From my experience the vendors that I mentioned are quick to reply and are very helpful. Good luck finding a replacement..... I feel your pain... when you find a good scent, you never want to run out! Hugs! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Thanks, fleur! I even thought about cutting up a little piece and sending it to someone to see if they have it or can duplicate it - but I am not sure I can give up even that little piece!

Usually I don't like the phoney fruit smells - but this is one of those childhood memories kind of scents - I guess it is the old lemon-scented cleaning products that it reminds me of.

Debra - yup...Buckeye is OOB. I tried to order before Easter (they made jelly bean shaped tarts..really cute). After I placed my order I waited almost three weeks and didn't hear from them, sent a couple emails, finally heard from his webmaster, then from Harold (think that was his name?). At first he said he'd been having computer problems, but he'd send my order soon, then, after I still hadn't gotten anything & emailed him again, he said he was closing and gave me a refund. :P Both Busy Bee and Cheryl say they like to do 'special scents' if anyone is looking for something......maybe try them for your special lemon...? Gotta say.....in a lot of vendors descriptions.....they quite proudly say their particular lemon isn't like that 'lemon pledge' scent. Which is what you're looking for - right? [smilie=th_c032]

Oh rats, sweet - that is what I feared... (I still have some of those lil jelly beans!)

Yeah - pledge, funny, huh? It is sorta like the scent everyone tries not to do!

Debra:

Are you going to e-mail them and ask them if it smells like Lemon Pledge? HA

I thought, if you couldn't find your scent that you could just dust more with Lemon Pledge or maybe just dust one table to keep your "fix" going...

BUT seriously, I know exactly how you feel. I have the same problem with a scent I want and I haven't found it yet BUT that is going to be posted later. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cisley

Thanks for your empathy, cis! This really is painful...and it really isn't totally Pledge, it is a little 1970's detergent, so I don't think they would have a clue what I mean! [smilie=th_roll]

Debra:

I think it is well worth describing to the vendor and see what they say.

Then again, why not place a small order and see for yourself. You will never know unless you try. Ask them how many of the lemon drops you can get in either a SMALL flat rate priority box or envelope OR ask how many you could get for first class. This way you will be able to try it for yourself and not spend a lot of $$$ on it.

Remember, you only live once...

Cisley

Hmmm, does this scent smell like CLEAN brand perfume? Lemony but kind of soapy-powdery? That's what your description brings to mind, and if so then I MUST hunt it down!

Well, I placed a small order from CFTKR today including Lemon Gumdrop Tini. Here's the description:

Here is very nice scent..and also the last of it...it is called lemon gumdrop tini...a sweet lemon gum drop candy aroma..sweet and a little sour...no fuel aroma

I like most anything lemon (even Pledge) so I'm sure that I won't be disappointed even if it is not the scent that you described. I'll report back in a few days once they get here.

I also found another site besides Lakeside that carries a Lemon Gumdrop scent. I've never ordered from them though. Here's the description:

Lemon Gum Drops...An inviting sweet and tart aroma of Lemon Gumdrop candy sprinkled with sugar. A powerful uplifting scent!

http://www.oneoftheflockprimitives.com/store/WsAncillary.asp?ID=4

Woohoo bea, another partner in crime! Thanks for the link - (although I did get a little hung up at the Krispy Creme description, LOL!)

And yes, it is unusual and maybe powdery...I have not smelled Clean, but now I think I need to!