The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

My melts this PM are C.F.T.K.R.

Tangerine Noel. I just put it in the melter. So far I like it [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Barbara

Afternoon melts...

Flip Flops ~ CFTKR

Lemon Verbena ~ CFTKR

Passionate Kisses ~ Dew Drops Scents

With the windows open and a slight warm breeze, it really smells quite wonderful in here!

Cisley, bummer about having to return a bunch of your candles. I've never had problems with the 3 wicks....what happened to yours?

Heidi, you lucky girl!!!!

Thank you for your support everyone - it was much easier to have an empty nest when he was 18...if fact I could hardly wait for him to start college back then, [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

Today I am cleaning out bits and pieces - I have a bag of CBV heart shaped tarts that you get grab-bag style. No scent names listed, so you never exactly know what you will be melting. I thought this rusty orange one would be spicy or orangish - but so far it is starting out as a caramel scent.

Denny - I am always surprised - and usually pleasantly - how different a candle throws in a melter vs. when it is burning!

Heidi, your home will be filled with noise soon enough. Try to enjoy the quiet, although it is hard.

Debra, [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

Lighting Colonial Clear Skies for Katzncandles. You need some clear skies, Kim.

Also GG Love you Long Time melt

I'm off to make breakfast for dinner.

Debra and Michele - Wishing you happy thoughts. I know one day I will be where you are, but for now I'm in that place where Debra was when her son was 18.

Barbita - I love your avatar! Your little one is so precious.

Decided to replace Vanilla and Black Raspberry with a sample I got from Carol - Dreamsicle. This one is stronger. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

Debra - I'm also pleasantly surprised when I melt vs. burn. I'm thinking I'll be melting many of my jar candles rather than burning. The throw is better and I don't have to worry about drafts or fiddle around with wicks. The scent is truer and melting is much cleaner. Since I like seeing a flame I can use votives and the smaller jar candles for that purpose. I always thought of myself as more of a burner than a melter. I guess that is about to change!

I'm still enjoying Carol's Dreamsicle in the LR as well Casaba Melon Sunset melting in the FR. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

Debra and Michele - Wishing you happy thoughts. I know one day I will be where you are, but for now I'm in that place where Debra was when her son was 18.

Barbita - I love your avatar! Your little one is so precious.

Decided to replace Vanilla and Black Raspberry with a sample I got from Carol - Dreamsicle. This one is stronger. :shock:

Thank you Denny, That was taken on my kitchen floor.

Tonight I thought that I would try C.F.T.K.R., "White Cake" Very nice! Good throw in my 24w combo melter. It actually smells like cake in here. Love this one! [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Barbara

I've been inspired by YC's Chocolate Truffle (sniffed it in the store last week) and decided to burn Carol's Chocolate Fudge Cake (a perfect dupe). Ahh...in heaven!

I'm also burning 2 YC candles - Sparkling Lemon (hate this one...smells fake) and Sweet Strawberry.

Got back from YC a while ago. I bought 59 tarts at the sale price and also used a $10 off coupon, so only spent $52! Not too shabby. Also picked up the new Fall Mixology sheets they had out. The one I posted recently was really outdated, I just thought it was new until I started looking over it and realized half the scents were retired. Anyway, the new ones have many interesting combos. May try to post some later. Tonight I'm melting Changing Seasons (half Lakeside Birch, half Garden Sweet Pea). Never would've thought to put these two together, but it's very nice!

I've been inspired by YC's Chocolate Truffle (sniffed it in the store last week) and decided to burn Carol's Chocolate Fudge Cake (a perfect dupe). Ahh...in heaven!

I'm also burning 2 YC candles - Sparkling Lemon (hate this one...smells fake) and Sweet Strawberry.

I smelled that Chocolate Truffle in the store today, and wow, it was really rich and strong-smelling! Not usually a fan of chocolate scents, but that one almost made buy it. I resisted, though.

Got back from YC a while ago. I bought 59 tarts at the sale price and also used a $10 off coupon, so only spent $52! Not too shabby. Also picked up the new Fall Mixology sheets they had out. The one I posted recently was really outdated, I just thought it was new until I started looking over it and realized half the scents were retired. Anyway, the new ones have many interesting combos. May try to post some later. Tonight I'm melting Changing Seasons (half Lakeside Birch, half Garden Sweet Pea). Never would've thought to put these two together, but it's very nice!

Jason,

I like your new avatar!

I am interested in the mixology sheet. Do you mix the tarts together? Sounds very interesting. :shock: Barbara

Barbara, I just cut one of each in half and pop them in the melter. Then of course, you have the other two halves, which I wrap up and save for later melting. I will type up some of the recipes and post them in The Melting Pot in a little while. It's kind of fun to experiment!

ETA: Thank you about the avatar. Your avatar is adorable!

Thank you Jason, that's my dog Katie.

Yes, that would be great if you could post a few recipes. I love to play chemist.

My "White Cake" Is still going strong and DH asked me to order more :shock:

Barbara

Late night melts are EW Butt Naked in 2 melters.

I am burning YC Island Guava. It smells good here!

Thanks everybody for all your kind words! All of our kids grow up sooner or later.

Good Wednesday morning!

Heidi...awesome trip for your children...they are lucky to have such generous grand-parents! :lol:

Recent melts:

Suds and Light Mimi's kitchen (really good)

Suds and Light maple sugar (good)

GHBT clove (really good)

Rosa's tangerine grapefruit (really good)

Can-Do moonlight magic (not as strong as most) [smilie=The_Hi]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning!

Melting Nene's Lemon Starburst Martini (a favorite) this morning and also SSS Strawberry Jelly...that strawberry is sooooo good and sweet, really smells like warmed jam...I need more!!