The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

I'm very grateful that we aren't in any danger but my heart is broken. Honestly, I can hardly type this. I regularly hike the local hills, mountains, and forests and am very familiar with the wild lands. Some of the most glorious and inspiring places I've ever seen are now no more. A tear is trickling down my cheek just thinking about the 100,000+ acres of burned landscape, including ancient old oaks, pines, and cedars, pristine waterfalls, and serene little meadows. Indescribable, beautiful places that must be seen to fully appreciate. Not to mention the untold thousands of animals who have lost their homes or lives. I know it will come back and will regenerate. But it takes a very long time... big sigh... little tear...Thank you for caring.

I'm melting BG's Lavender Silk to soothe my sad and troubled soul.

Gail

Oh Gail, I am so very sorry. [smilie=group_hug]

Please stay safe near those awful fires. [smilie=group_hug]

Tonight's scents are:

SSS - Gardinia

SSS - Vanilla Lime

I'm off to find a new avatar. :P Something for September...

Gail:

Your post breaks my heart. It really does. We can only hope and pray that it will be over soon ~ VERY soon.

So on with the melting...

Front: Crosscreek ~ Pink Sugared Cherries ~ fabulous

Back: Southern Star ~ Pink Sugar ~ another great one but near its end

Bigred: The package didn't go out today. Too much going on and my husband did not make it out the door until a couple of mintues ago. I am staying with Ozzy while he takes backpacks, etc. over to my great nephews for school.

SO, it will go out tomorrow.

Cisley

Gail,

Happy to hear that you are ok. I also can't stand the thought of all that vegetation that was lost, also the animals, homes and firemen. We are fine in Upland, but as you said that nasty smoke is horrible. Thank you every one for your concern and caring for your Calif. candle buddies

:P

Melting Key Lime Pie, from SSS. Very refreshing on this smokey evening. [smilie=group_hug]

Barbara

Celtic Moonspice melt - Crosscreek

Colonial jar - Golden Pear

Root jar - Mulled Cider

Gail, so sorry to hear you're so sad tonight....thsmileyangel.gif

Gail~ So sad to hear of all that destruction. [smilie=group_hug] I also love to hike and it is such a terrible thing. I hope they are contained soon. I am glad that you are ok.

Melting Moonlight Path from B&BW

Gail, so sorry to hear of the destruction out your way - stay safe!

Last scents of the day are:

K - New Zealand Wild Berry - YC - A very nice scent but unfortunately very light as well (maybe it's too old?)

LR - Hot Sexy UPS Dude - Grumpy Girl - Another very nice but very light scent (if this one was stronger it would be great)

BR - Georgia Peach - Candle Dippers - A favorite and the best peach scent I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) - so authentic and strong too! AWESOME! I so need another CD order...

Bathroom - Tyler Roses - Tyler - A favorite and one of the best straight rose scents I've tried.

Thanks for everyone's concern for us in So. Calif. The smoke is horrible, but like Gail and Barbita the fires themselves are far enough away from where I live that I don't have to be worried about them. At least, not this time.

This evening I'm melting SSS - Sugared Donuts in 2 melters.

Goodnight Everyone!

Thanks Trep, Maggie and Aria! Hope I didn't miss anyone. :P

I'm glad everyone is safe with the fires. [smilie=group_hug]

I got home late tonight, so I started up LOL's Watermelon Taffy again.

Well, today I melted GHBT's Zucchinni Bread....I am sooo done with any zucchinni bread , I think,...too much from the garden and well, tired of smelling it!

Tonight I melted AMS's Vanilla and am burning a candle from LOL..Really Red Velvet Cake.

[smilie=th_biggestgrin] to you Gail. Mother Nature will refurbish this beautiful part of our country and God will help heavy hearts mend.

It feels like fall this morning, a beautiful day unfolding. I am melting SSS-Cowgirls and Pearls. I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Good morning! Taking the boys for haircuts in a few minutes....only one melter going - HoT Candy Corn Cupcake. This smells really delicious even though it's a leftover from last fall. The tart itself was layered orange and yellow just like candy corn!