The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Hi everybody,

Fall isn't in the air around here. It's going to be 106 today. [smilie=th_sign0162]

I'm melting HoT's Orange Cranberry Sugar Toast. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Love all the pretty avatars!

Gail

Happy Saturday all! It's cloudy and rainy here and a lot cooler than it has been lately.

I put on some scents a while ago but they are all still going strong:

K - Fig & White Plum - YC - Not getting too much out of this one but I think that's because it's OLD.

LR - Moon Shadow - Blue Moon - A very nice complex scent - moderately strong

BR - Alyssum - Candle Dippers - Another awesome scent from CD - this one is a great floral but it almost has a sort of vanilla note to it that's actually quite nice.

Bathroom - Above & Beyond - GHBT - A very nice moderately strong scent - A shame Grandma doesn't sell single tarts anymore...

I'm still getting used to having a PC again - I think we're also going to save up and get a laptop in here just in case - also DP will be able to be online (we have a wireless network setup in our house) when I'm hogging the computer - LOL!

Also a big hello to all the "new" people I haven't met yet. I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Katzncandles, I think that Maurie97 described the scent of Marshmallow Campfire perfectly. It is a really hard scent to describe, and not at all what you would think it was by the name. It is really good.

This afternoon I have added Gingerbread Latte to the mix, by Gramma Frans. Her scents are so much better after you have let them cure for awhile.

[smilie=th_235F35F32]

For this afternoon, we are enjoying Pumpkin Carrot Treat from EW....found this in my stash from last fall and it still smells great! Super strong!

eta: Went to Yankee Candle today and purchased a large jar of Be Thankful and also a jar of Boo!....both smell so good. Also picked up one tart in Mulling Spices....have been wanting to try it. I was tempted to also get a jar of Farmers Market, but decided not to. Loved the displays in the store...how do they color coordinate the colors of the candles with the colors of the accesories so well?

Yep, Southern California is toasty! [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Welcome Back Bigred! Sure have missed you.

Cisley – Do you live near Cedar Cove? Debbie Macomber, a favorite author of mine, lives in Port Orchard, Washington and has a Cedar Cove book series. She currently has photos of this year’s Cedar Cove Days Festival on her website.

This morning's melt was SSS - Vanilla Lime. Very nice!

This afternoon's melts are Haley's - Fruity Loops in the FR and Blueberry Muffin in the LR. Liking both of these from Haley's very much! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I have on Yankee Autumn Wreath and Macintosh plus HL Fresh Apple and a Yankee votive in Napa Valley Harvest. I was shopping today and got a really cute flat acorn Yankee illuma lid and Bed Bath and Beyond and a medium jar of Yankee Fall Fruit for $7.99 at Marshalls. All in all a good day.

Hi all! Still feels like a fall day here so I decided to break out some fall type scents:

K - Harvest - EW - A very nice moderately strong scent - very similar to YC's

LR - Bonfire - Dark Candles - This one was a birthday gift (thanks!) and it happens to be one of DC's better scents and one that I really like.

BR - Fall Festival - LOL - A favorite and surprisingly strong too

Bathroom - Sparkling Pine - YC - A very nice scent but I wish it was stronger.

I also added a couple of jar candles to augment the Fall theme I have going:

K - YC Farmhouse Apple large two wick tumbler - A favorite - so good!

BR - My brand new Colonial med Mulberry two wick oval jar that I got the other day at Bed Bath & Beyond when I went there to get more tealights. It smells great and is blending nicely with the LOL Fall Festival.

It looks like I might have to rebuild my entire personal scent list from scratch (which really bites!) unless it can be retrieved from the old hard drive - we're going to take it to a local computer shop and see if all the pics and files can't be retrieved - when we took the comp to Best Buy for a free consult right after it died they said most likely we would be able to retrieve the info because it was the motherboard that dIed and not the HD. We shall see...

Bigred, I sure hope you can get all of your files back.

For the five hour drive home, I had a YC car freshener in Boo! It was great.

I'm finally back now. There's no place like home. It's good to be back. Melting McCalls - Lemon Loaf and CD - Sunflower.

It's great to have my melters turned on again. Ahhhh. I may add more scents to catch up.

Welcome back Bigred! You sure have been missed around here.

Didn't melt anything all day today, the whole family had dental appts. this morning and then errands this afternoon.

Now I am melting Birthday Cake from Southern Star Scents....wonderful!

Hey there! :oops:

I just went around and lit a bunch of wicks....

Root jar - Mulled Cider - good, but wish it were stronger

Colonial jar - Golden Pear - good scent, but I don't like it as much as the Pear scent they discontinued

Swan Creek jar - Sunbleached Driftwood - in the half bath....it's almost gone and I want to finish it up in the next few days. I would buy this scent again.

GHBT melt - Splinters & Rags - wonderful scent, reorder for sure.

I think that's it..... :P

Guest scentedstamper

Good morning wax friends! getting ready for church- but already melting :

CFTKR - Orange Chiffon Thumb Prints and Noel Nog (kitchen and living rooms)

CCCC - Iced Chip Cherry Cake (dining room)

Scentsy - Ocean (everywhere else)

Have a great day all !!!!!!

Sheryl

We are getting ready to go to church so no melting or burning until later. Just wanted to come in and say hi!

Good Morning!

Early melts are CFTKR Lemon Poppyseed Cookies and YC Boo-nilla

Some recents melts have been

CFTKR Pumpkin apple Butter...pretty light

Sweet Surrender Pumpkin Crunch Cake....very yummy

Nene's Apple pie ...always good!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]