The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Barbara:

Isn't that cool? I mean when I started melting and my husband started smelling, he got into the game too, especially when I picked out scents HE liked. It's so much fun to share.

Cisley

Yes Cisley, It is very cool.

He's in there now reading the paper and sniffing away! He just told me that he likes the scent that he picked out. :P This must mean that I will have to order more. [smilie=th_OMG]

Barbara

Cisley, glad you decided to remain on the board...enjoy your posts! :P Can't believe it's almost time for football..one nephew starts practice Monday, but my other nephew tore his meniscus in spring practice, and the doctor won't clear him to play!

I wonder if Cracker Barrel has ome of their Christmas stuff out? They usually start in August if you can believe it! [smilie=th_OMG]

Happy weekend! It has been a long no-melt spell here. Today should be about 96 degrees - and my soy tarts are sorta soft. We have 2 fans for the whole house, not doing the job!

I am pulling out my 15w melter - maybe it will throw off less heat? The 24w radiated way more heat than I expected, so off it went! You don't realize how much difference a small appliance makes when you are trying to keep things cool.

I am going to try a really old one - From HoT (as Fritz, remember?) called Charlotte's Evil Step Sister.

I love Cracker Barrel- the food and the store. Wish we had one nearby.

I'm melting Exotic Vanilla from Scentsy. Hope everyone has a great week-end!

Haley's Lemon Pound Cake in the kitchen. I picked up another one of my favorite mosaic tealight warmers from the YC store yesterday. My DS #2 opened the freezer last year and it fell on the floor. It was my all time fav. It has very neutral earthy colors in it and I HAD to replace it. Right?

This melt is pretty darn good. I only have 1/2 in there as its 2oz. I like it because its more cakey then lemon and the lemon is not fake. Glad I saved the other half.

Also in the livingroom I have Crosscreek's Vanilla Smoothie going. I swear this is my fav. ever scent and tart in the whole world. I always get 3 FULL tealights out of this melt. Its the only one I have this much luck with. Gots a few more of them left too, but not that many.

I will have that on my list for next time around. I'm on lockdown until at least 1/2 my stash is used up. That is what I promised myself and DH. He just wants to see me use up what I have and not waste, THEN get more.

Have a great day.

Thanks Anabasset. I'm a Cary Grant fan too. Dreamy.

Debra, That Charlotte's Evil Stepsister is a blast from the past. I wonder if we could talk Holly into making more for when HoT opens. I really liked that scent..from what I remember.

FM - Chocolate melt

SSS - Cowgirls & Pearls melts

Hi everyone~!

Hey Maurie, I really like Haley's Lemon Pound Cake also! I can smell lots of butter and cake! Yum! Have you ever noticed that some Lemon Pound Cake smells kind of have a perfumy undertone??

So far, I have a couple going, I am in process of switching everything out--probably going to add some candles too..

SH Lemon Pound Cake , this one kind of has a perfumy undertone...does anyone else notice? Can-Do's has it too... ) : It is strong and good at first though... ?

SH Pink Sugar Kisses , strong pink sugar version

Southern Star, Vanilla Bean Noel, ok seriously, I am losing my mind! I think I smell Doritos!!! ?

[smilie=th_cc15]

Probably going to try a new scent from Scentsy, put on Coca-Cola for DH, and find something good for the bedroom and small bath....

I just added Busy Bees Pink Frosting in two melters, Scentsy Sugar Cookie, Southern Star Marie's Pink Cookies, CFTKR Strawberry Flapjacks, and YC Shortbread Cookie jar.

Going to light some misc. tealights too...

I don't know what is going on today, but I can't get satisfied... [smilie=th_cc15]

Hopefully these additions to the lineup will help....

Hi everyone~!

Hey Maurie, I really like Haley's Lemon Pound Cake also! I can smell lots of butter and cake! Yum! Have you ever noticed that some Lemon Pound Cake smells kind of have a perfumy undertone??

So far, I have a couple going, I am in process of switching everything out--probably going to add some candles too..

SH Lemon Pound Cake , this one kind of has a perfumy undertone...does anyone else notice? Can-Do's has it too... ) : It is strong and good at first though... ?

SH Pink Sugar Kisses , strong pink sugar version

Southern Star, Vanilla Bean Noel, ok seriously, I am losing my mind! I think I smell Doritos!!! ?

Hey Berrie,

Um I hate most lemon pound cake type scents. I love fresh lemon type scents, like SSS Lemony Fresh........omg! Its perfect. I hate the pledge type ones, bleh. And yes, most of the lemon pound cake/bakery types do have an undertone. I can't put my finger on it though. I like the Haley's one though because its mostly bakery/cakey/buttery, IMO.

BTW, I have not tried Southernstarscents Vanilla Bean Noel yet. Can I ask which flavor Doritos you are picking up in this one?

[smilie=th_cc15]

Hmmm...like Nacho Cheese Doritos!!! LOL

Who knew VBN would smell like Doritos?? I think I am losing my mind! Nothing I am melting today is smelling good or like it is supposed to! My LPC from SH is smelling like some of kind perfume... ) :

UGH!

Ok, here we go again...I am starting over again! [smilie=th_cc15]

Berriechan:

Maybe you have scented wax overload. Someone said to take a whiff of coffee to get rid of it. Try that, maybe it will work.

Tonight melting:

Front ~ CFTKR Caramel Sugar Crunch (which should be Crack because it is so good)

Back ~ Blue Gecko Pomegranate Passion which is so light I am going to change it to Caramel Sugar Crunch in a while

Cisley

Thanks Anabasset. I'm a Cary Grant fan too. Dreamy.

Debra, That Charlotte's Evil Stepsister is a blast from the past. I wonder if we could talk Holly into making more for when HoT opens. I really liked that scent..from what I remember.

FM - Chocolate melt

SSS - Cowgirls & Pearls melts

Let's hope, jules - it is pretty unique if you like the amberish scents. This lil baby has been going all day on the 15w plate warmer and it is still throwing scent. I think the hot weather has made me discover that the extra heat with a 24w was making it melt too hot and buring off the scent too fast. The temp of this melted is about175, 20 degrees less that I was frying my melts with earlier!

Hi all! [smilie=th_cc15]

Recently I've been melting SH Frosted Lime Cupcake (yum!) and LOL Unicorns & Rainbows (as much as I love LOL, this particular scent isn't for me).

Oooh, Berrie how did you like Strawberry Flapjacks? That is one of my new favorites. OMG...I love it.

Tonight I just started melting Berries & Bread. It's actually my first melt of the day as we've been in and out all day long.

Oooh, Berrie how did you like Strawberry Flapjacks? That is one of my new favorites. OMG...I love it.

Tonight I just started melting Berries & Bread. It's actually my first melt of the day as we've been in and out all day long.

I really liked it a lot!!!! DH didn't though....I switched it back to his Coca-Cola....

My last CFTKR order , I ordered the regular Flapjacks, Strawberry Flapjacks, and Blueberry flapjacks! I like them all! I am wanting to get the Apple Flapjacks for next time!

LLVV, I've never heard of Berries & Bread. Sounds kind of intriguing. Do you like it? Who's the vendor?

I'm melting GHBT's Tayberry & Teakwood this evening. [smilie=th_cc15]

Gail

Sign my DH up for the hubby with a non-smelling nose unless it's to say something mean about a tart club.

OMG LLVV...that comment is priceless!!!! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676] Everyone makes fun of my conversations about tarts and candles.