The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

June 2009 Contest: Search for Summer

It is getting a little tougher, but it's still fun. I don't do much online B&B so I didn't recognize many of the pictures in last month's game. I am really getting familiar with several vendor's scents now since I have read them so much. Will soon run out of my favorites and have to find some "newer to me" vendors.

Cheryls - Summer Wine

Candle Dippers

Italian Granita Ice - A frozen confection made of tart green apple, kumquat, pears and yuzu that is a summer favorite now available in all your favorite B&B items. This is sure to be a hit with the citrus lovers!

Yes, it's a lot of fun, I agree. I'm the same as you with online B&B, Tobe. But I do read the CF B&B threads and want to try some of the companies, especially those that have B&B and tarts. These monthly contests are a great way to visit unfamiliar vendors' websites and get to know some of their products. Is this a good thing? Of course! (Although I'm not sure DH would agree. ) [smilie=th_bomb]

I'm with you on the B&B. I want to try some and do enjoy reading everyone's comments, but just haven't gotten on the bandwagon yet. BB&W has always gotten my B&B business, but not to the extent that some of these gals and even the guys go to.

That last one of yours (Italian whatever) really sounds good on a hot summer day - I love those Italian ices. Even if they probably are not the real thing, it's the closest I will ever get to the real think in Italy that is.

Tuscaderos

DRIFTWOOD (this fragrance has a definite masculine presence with soft powdery notes & dry, aged woods - cozy feeling of walking into an old cedar lake-house in the summer),

Candle Dippers

Midnight- Mystical yet masculine, powerful and energizing that will entice women and men alike. Compare to Yank's Mid Summer Night.

Candle Dippers

Raspberry Tomato Leaf - The green notes of the leaf of a growing tomato plant with hints of sweetness of fresh raspberries. If you are looking for a clean summer scent this is it!

Candle Dippers

Tangerine Tulip- Awesome tangerine fragrance, fresh! Light floral undertones make this a great summer scent!

I do believe I've exhausted CD. Or maybe just myself! :lol:

Too funny, puppylove! I know you have had a lot of luck with CD and their summer scents!

Cheryls

Blue Raspberry Icee - Grab the ice and smoothie machine!! This scent will please everyone from 2 to 80! Incredible yummy blue raspberry icee scent!! Sweet summer scent!!

Well I'm not ready for a nap quite yet, Tobe. :lol: How you doing today, anyway? It's been nice playing with you. [smilie=th_clap1]

Heart of the Prairie - NOOOO, sorry! It's my last of Candle Dippers. Sheesh, I'm pathetic!

Tangerine Tulip- Awesome tangerine fragrance, fresh! Light floral undertones make this a great summer scent!

Okay, that's confusing even to me. So sorry, Cyn! My previous post was originally Heart of the Prairie as the vendor but that's a mistake. I corrected it to the right vendor, Candle Dippers. If that's not allowed, just delete that entry, or whatever you need to do. Hope I'm not a pain. Maybe I do need that nap after all. :lol:

Gail

I am doing fine, PuppyLove - hope things are going well in your world. Thanks for asking. Heart of the Prairie - is that what Cynthia meant? I kept trying to figure out the hints she posted early this morning. I, too, have enjoyed this game with you.

Bella's

GREEN APPLE COTTON CANDY- When you think of fun, you think of cotton candy! We've taken the aroma of sweet, fresh spun cotton candy and combined it with fresh, tart, granny smith apples to create this super-fun, unique fragrance! Green Apple Cotton Candy fragrance is a combination of tart granny smith apples and creamy butter, caramel sauce; vanilla and spun sugar. What a fun summer time scent.

Heart of the Prairie - Summer on the Prairie

Yes, at least I'm guessing it's Heart of the Prairie. The angel reference is really easy, probably that company most all of us are familiar with. I'm not going to tell you what it is though. [smilie=th_c032] :P Now that last one about being OK to be last... :lol:

The angel reference is really easy, probably that company most all of us are familiar with. I'm not going to tell you what it is though.
Not fair - :P - just kidding of course - I have been wanting to use this little guy! Besides, I knew the angel one - forgot the prairie one and have no clue on the OK one either so I guess we think the same.

Bella's

LILAC & LINEN- Delightful essence of spring lilac blossom and fresh sun dried linens. Floral green topnotes mellowed a soft, powdery, sweet musk. Sure to be a spring and summer favorite. Fresh and Beautiful, for all you non-food people this is for you!

I am one of those "non-foodies" so I thought it sounded good also. The Haley's Indian Summer also sounds intriguing. I have not ordered from there before but I see a Haley's order in my future.

Cheryls

Goddess - This is a fun summer oil! Make a statement with kiwi, lime, lemon, verbena, white orchid and sweet pea. Bottom notes of coconut, vanilla and musk complete this fabulous oil!

Cheryls

Green Clover & Aloe - Green Clover & Aloe is a fresh, green fragrance that reminds us of wild summer herbs growing in a field. This fragrance is much more complex than it's name sounds. A floral fruity combination of fresh citrus and jasmine petals on a woodsy, sweet musk background

I am doing fine, PuppyLove - hope things are going well in your world. Thanks for asking. Heart of the Prairie - is that what Cynthia meant? I kept trying to figure out the hints she posted early this morning. I, too, have enjoyed this game with you.

Bella's

GREEN APPLE COTTON CANDY- When you think of fun, you think of cotton candy! We've taken the aroma of sweet, fresh spun cotton candy and combined it with fresh, tart, granny smith apples to create this super-fun, unique fragrance! Green Apple Cotton Candy fragrance is a combination of tart granny smith apples and creamy butter, caramel sauce; vanilla and spun sugar. What a fun summer time scent.

Yes, Heart of the Prairie was one of them. I don't think you guys needed any hints - you're doing great!