The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Hi all! A very bad allergy day for me so these are my first melts of the day:

K - Cider Snap - CFTKR - An awesome scent but I wish it was a strong one instead of just moderately strong

LR - Red Pop - CFTKR - A very nice scent. This one smells like fruit punch soda but it's not very strong.

BR - Tropical Green Apples - Jackpot! This is an awesome strong scent - supposed to be a blend of pineapple and green apples but I get almost all green apple - one of the strongest scents I've ever gotten from Carol.

Bathroom - Beach Walk - YC - An awesome moderately strong scent and a favorite from YC. Such a great fresh clean scent.

Also, I'm burning the remainder of the two Gold Canyon Clean Sheets votives from yesterday in the bath.

[smilie=th_sSig_what] to your DS Aria! Six is a cute age. DP's two nephews are almost 6 and they are adorable.

Hi all,

Happy birthday to your oh-so-big little boy, Aria!

I'm melting a freebie from Carol, Guinevere's Attraction. Wow, is this one strong! Right on the edge of too strong. At first I didn't care for it, but it's growing on me now. I think I'd actually like it more if it weren't quite so strong. [smilie=th_sSig_what] Who said that?!

Have a great Friday, everybody.

Gail

OK, Your freaking me out now!!! :lol: Exactly what does Guinevere's Attraction smell like?????????

Merry May everyone! Best wishes to your b'day boy Aria.have fun!

Denim, :lol:

I can't seem to find anything strong enough today. I'm trying though!

CCCC ~ Paradise

CD ~ Wintermint

CP ~ Cappuccino

I'm adding LOL's Wood Coffee and Can-Do's Sinus Relief sample hoping I can smell these.

I'm melting a freebie from Carol, Guinevere's Attraction. Wow, is this one strong! Right on the edge of too strong. At first I didn't care for it, but it's growing on me now. I think I'd actually like it more if it weren't quite so strong. Who said that?! Gail

[smilie=th_sSig_what] How strong? Can you pick one to compare it to PuppyLove?

I want to scratch and sniff it! :lol:

Just came back from the grocery store in the pouring rain, so I'm in for the evening. i have started melting Candle Dippers-Old Blue Jeans.

that sounds wonderful! When I get there in a few minutes, I'm not leaving until i have to come back to work on Monday. I just wish it would rain. I love the rain!

Hi all,

Happy birthday to your oh-so-big little boy, Aria!

I'm melting a freebie from Carol, Guinevere's Attraction. Wow, is this one strong! Right on the edge of too strong. At first I didn't care for it, but it's growing on me now. I think I'd actually like it more if it weren't quite so strong. [smilie=th_sSig_what] Who said that?!

Have a great Friday, everybody.

Gail

I missed that one. I swear, that woman adds scents faster than anyone can keep up!! :lol: :lol:

Aria - yep! I got a couple of goodies at HomeGoods! 2 Woodwicks - Honeysuckle and one I had not seen before called Twilight. And HB/DS! My favorite age.

Denim - Congrats - and I have to tell you that lil miss jules-the-enabler mentioned the "flat of votives" she got - so I went to TJ Maxx and got a flat myself of Blackberry Mint! :)

Katz - Redwood and Cedar is one of my most favorites!

Today was a really good one. YC's Simply Home brand, a close-out tart called Beach Towel.

Aria - happy birthday to your ds! :lol: Tell him we're waving to him..... :lol:

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7] Congrats on winning those tarts, Denim!

Melting CCCC's Gembertaarts. Soooo good! :)

Ha! I knew my post on Guinevere's Attraction would, um, attract some attention! :lol: Here's the scent description, Denim:

"This fragrance opens with a delicate but seductive warm peach brandy swirling with vibrant notes of violets and black current. As the restrained floral traces recede, a hearty pairing of nutty praline and richly creamed brown sugar transpire, amid a foundation of fresh amber and a resonant earthy vanilla musk."

I smell yummy peach brandy, with a bit of violets and black current. Oh heck, there's definitely praline in the mix too, with an abundance of the creamy brown sugar and amber. Mmm, mmm! I don't smell much vanilla musk though. The more I sniff this, the more I :) even though I keep telling myself this isn't my kind of scent. Boy, am I ever wrong about me!

Heart, I just went through my spread sheets. Keep in mind that I only have one melter going and have only been doing this a few months, so unlike many of you, I don't have huge lists. BUT, Guinevere's Attraction from Carol is definitely my strongest tart to date. It went through the entire house quickly and was so powerful that I even wondered if I'd saturate my clothes and make me smell like GA when I went out to lunch with friends. :lol: I'm not kidding! Now, after several hours, it's getting a bit more sedate.

I'm using a 20w combo melter, in case you want to know.

Gail

debra99 - I didn't see any votives at our TJ Max. I sure would have gotten some if I had. :)

Puppylove - thanks for the heads on on GA scent. I just ordered some. Can't wait to try them.

I came home and put on Fresh Laundry from Crosscreek all over the house. I love this scent. I've got it in every warmer in the house.

Good evening! I'm really starting to miss DH. He's been gone almost a week and we have 1 more week to go until he gets back. For the past 2 days DD has been walking around with one of his t-shirts calling it Daddy. She's also been doing the same thing with his pillow. It's strange though...when he calls she runs away from the phone.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's amazing Pecans & Brown Sugar. I have my 2 YC votives also burning.

Last scents of the night for me are:

K - Strawberry Raspberry Guava - CFTKR - An awesome moderately strong fruit blend - I smell primarily raspberry with hints of the other two.

LR - Mojito - CFTKR - This one was a sample from Carol for me to try - it's nice and certainly different but I'm not sure how to describe it - I do smell hints of mint and lime but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on...

BR - Cherry Vanilla Swirl - CFTKR - Another awesome moderately strong scent from Carol - A new favorite

Bathroom -2nd tealight for YC's Beach Walk.

I also added two YC Dune Grass votives in the bath.

Happy May.

It looks like it's been a busy day around here. Three pages of posts already. I'm just checking in on the run tonight.

melting SH - Raspberry Zinger

YC - Blueberry Scone

Soyful Expressions - Key Lime Pie

It smells berry good here.

Great haul, Debra. I just love saying a "flat" of votives. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] It's probably for the best that there isn't a Home Goods around here. Damage would be done.

[smilie=th_funny_sign]

eta: Congratulations, Denimsway, on your prize! Luckyyyyy.

Hey there waxy friends!

Just settling in for the night. Thank you ALL so much for the wonderful birthday wishes for DS on his 6th birthday. He came out of school today (kindergarten) wearing a birthday crown. He had a couple of buddies from the neighborhood over for some birthday fun after school. He was so excited and couldn't wait to open his gifts. The little stinker knew by the shape of the package that one of the gifts was a Nintendo DS, which he has been asking for ever since his older brother got one for Christmas. He is also thrilled with a new skateboard. He is one happy camper.

deb, great haul! Love Honeysuckle!!!!

LLVV, great minds think alike....I am also melting Carol's Pecans and Brown Sugar....it's a yummy one for sure.

Puppylove, GA sounds like such an interesting, complex scent!!!! Sounds like it's growing on you!

Have a great night....I am off to bed soon.

Oh gosh, the birthday crown, Aria! You are making me nostalgic! I can remember my sons getting off the bus and running in to show us the sparkly crown they made him. You would have thought all that glitter on it was real gold dust, LOL!

Tonight is Midnight Jasmine by YC - it does not seem as strong on the 24w as when I use a tea light. Also melting is Goldleaf and Hydrangea by NW Soy. This is always a good one!

Ha! I knew my post on Guinevere's Attraction would, um, attract some attention.

Heart, I just went through my spread sheets. Keep in mind that I only have one melter going and have only been doing this a few months, so unlike many of you, I don't have huge lists. BUT, Guinevere's Attraction from Carol is definitely my strongest tart to date. It went through the entire house quickly and was so powerful that I even wondered if I'd saturate my clothes and make me smell like GA when I went out to lunch with friends. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I'm not kidding! Now, after several hours, it's getting a bit more sedate.

I'm using a 20w combo melter, in case you want to know.

Gail

Thanks for the info Gail! Funny you should mention that about your clothes.I had to return some clothing today, and the salesperson said "these clothes smell so good!" I was so surprised since they have been covered with plastic in my closet (unworn of course), and when I asked her what they smelled like, she said "chocolate with peppermint." [smilie=th_funny_sign] I melted EW's Peppemint Kiss Kiss today far away from that closet, so it must be pretty strong!

Now melting:

HOT ~ Elfie's Ice Cream Cake

LOL ~ Vera Cruz Vanilla

CCCC ~ Vanilla Smoothie

AMS ~ Sugar Cookie

Ending the evening with some lighter scents after blasting myself with stronger ones earlier today. :P

[smilie=th_funny_sign] Heart! I guess it's indeed possible to smell like our melts then! I don't think any of my friends thought I'd been dipping into the peach brandy before lunch though. Nobody said a thing anyway! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

G'night everyone. Happy weekend!

Gail

Heart, my daughter's classmates tell her she "smells like her house." It appears to be in a positive way. At least, I hope. [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Lots of goodies going today. Highlights are:

Coconut Hibiscus - Haley's. This is a really pretty scent.

Tulips - Rosa's. Very nice.

Fruit Souffle - Rosa's. This was wonderful! Nice and fruity.

Carrot Cake - Rosa's. Could even smell the buttercream frosting.

Apple Basket candle - Autumn Candles. Tart green apples, great throw.

Honorable mentions:

Cappuccino Brulee votives - Haley's

Pink Sugar - FP

Caramelized Pralines - Rosa's. This smelled good, but the 1oz melt did not give as good a throw as I would like.

Lowlights:

Sugar Cookie Wafer - For Every Body

Autumn Toddy - DC Creations

Good Morning peeps!

Just enjoying some quiet time this morning. We've got a busy day ahead....mowing the lawn, laundry, shuttling the boys to baseball practice, in-laws coming to town, etc........

I started another tealight under Carol's Pecans and Brown Sugar....really enjoyed it last night and it has lots of scent left.

Gotta go hop in the shower!

Have a great day!

Good Morning Everyone!

A little dreary here today, off to drop my DD at work (she ref's little kids soccer games), and then she has a game herself later on. Then off to the movies and dinner to celebrate the hubby's b'day on Monday. Tomorrow night is cake with the family, and on his actual b'day DD has track meet and confirmation practice, so they'll be no celebrating on that day, but at least we'll be together.

LLVV, oh girl, so sorry your missin your hubby. Wish we could get together this weekend, but I am slammed. Maybe one night during the week. I'll email ya.

I went to YC last night and didn't buy a thing. I even had coupons. I shocked myself lol!

Last nights melt was Prairie Soy Candles Green Tea & Cucumber. Listen, I wouldn't have even known this was melting if I didn't see the tealight flickering. This had no scent, nada, and this is the second tart from this company that I've melted and nothing on that either. Curious if anyone has had positive results from them.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning!

I'm melting Pecans & Brown Sugar and Hazelnut from CFTKR. I'm really loving the pecan one. It's sooo good!

Silly - Happy Birthday to your DH! It sounds like you guys are going to have a busy but fun weekend. DD and I would love to get together one night if you're free. She's been begging to have dinner at Friendly's. I know what you mean about not buying anything at YC. I was armed and ready to buy too and walkedout with only 10 votives that DD picked out.

We have a birthday party to go to later on this morning and then we're going out later on this afternoon. Have a great Saturday. See you guys tonight.