The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Cyn - do tell - what does a Dusty Mexican Morning smell like? [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Sorry I'm so late replying, Debra. It smelled like dark chocolate and some cinnamon. Not too heavy on the cinnamon, which I like. It was a very different scent, moderate throw in the room I had it in.

Thanks - somehow I expected an "earthy" scent!

Today's melts -

Front Porch -- Cucumber Melon and Watermelon. Pretty nice but I wish it was stronger.

CFTKR -- Lavender Linen, just starting up. So far more Linen than lavender. Cute flower shaped tart.

Daniela's Candle Shop -- Palm Island. I always like this citrusy blend.

Coral Dolphin - Country Spice (back where the men and dogs are. I hope it helps?!?) [smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley]

Hey Debra, I've never heard of that Coral Dolphin vendor - do they have good tarts?

Hey Maxine, [smilie=th_ef3416a0] Good to see you posting here! [smilie=th_happy096]

My lovely watermelon bubblegum from Carol didn't last very long. [smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley] Gotta go find a replacement. Methinks I'll try Pineapple Paprika from GHBT. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Gail

This evening's scents: more from the crypt.

TS Monkey Farts

CH - Mimosa Breeze

also: EW - Storm Watch

Colonial votives - Orange flower & Musk

Crosscreek - Cedar Chest

Coral Dolphin - Country Spice (back where the men and dogs are. I hope it helps?!?) [smilie=th_balloons]

[smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley] Debra - good luck with that..... [smilie=th_happy096] [smilie=th_ef3416a0] [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Melting Bizzy B's Sugared Pie Crust & Tart Green Apple. Yummo - good one!

Just a note to say GHBT's Pineapple Paprika is OUTSTANDING! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] It started out with a bang and was wafting through my whole house in less than thirty minutes. And [smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley] the fragrance is fantastic.

Gail

Hello everyone.

This is my first time melting since Friday!!!!! WHAT???!!?? Yes, it's true....been to a wedding on the beach all day yesterday and today shopping...glad to be home...me thinks I will melt.....HOT's Rum Raisin Ice Cream.

Hello everyone.

This is my first time melting since Friday!!!!! WHAT???!!?? Yes, it's true....been to a wedding on the beach all day yesterday and today shopping...glad to be home...me thinks I will melt.....HOT's Rum Raisin Ice Cream.

Good choice, Anjoymom. That's a great scent. It sounds like you've had lots of fun this weekend. [smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley]

eta: DH and I just got back from Outback and I had TWO of these... [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Look out! [smilie=th_happy096]

Bigred - Coral Dolphin was the 2nd vendor I had ever ordered from! My first order was around 2005 - and there was not the huge selection of internet vendors that we have now - they were cutting edge, LOL!

I still like these tarts, I order about once a year. They are different than most that I melt in the way they are made in their little cupcake papers and they are also a very soft wax. (Remember - these were before everyone was trying out soy!)

Some of the scents are very strong - I believe I may have even commented on the review board in the past. Since I love trying new vendors, I would say give them a try - they often have sales posted in our sale section. (I ordered for my office a couple of months ago and everyone seemed pleased - no big whiners, anyway!) I usually do not get many bakery scents, so the "flavors" I have are the bayberry, cinnamon (superstrong), lemons, berry and aromatherapy-types.

Oh - thanks, jules!!

Right now I have melting:

Golden Rose from Candles Scent from Heaven (strong)

Lemon Verbena Berry - Coral Dolpin again - the throw on the one tart is strong enough to nicely scent the master BR or a room without high ceilings.

Bigred - Coral Dolphin was the 2nd vendor I had ever ordered from! My first order was around 2005 - and there was not the huge selection of internet vendors that we have now - they were cutting edge, LOL!

I still like these tarts, I order about once a year. They are different than most that I melt in the way they are made in their little cupcake papers and they are also a very soft wax. (Remember - these were before everyone was trying out soy!)

Some of the scents are very strong - I believe I may have even commented on the review board in the past. Since I love trying new vendors, I would say give them a try - they often have sales posted in our sale section. (I ordered for my office a couple of months ago and everyone seemed pleased - no big whiners, anyway!) I usually do not get many bakery scents, so the "flavors" I have are the bayberry, cinnamon (superstrong), lemons, berry and aromatherapy-types.

Oh - thanks, jules!!

Right now I have melting:

Golden Rose from Candles Scent from Heaven (strong)

Lemon Verbena Berry - Coral Dolpin again - the throw on the one tart is strong enough to nicely scent the master BR or a room without high ceilings.

Do you have a link for me please?

eta: DH and I just got back from Outback and I had TWO of these... :oops: Look out! [smilie=th_welcome]

So maybe you will be hitting a few more sales today Jules [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

I'm melting Texas Triple Scented Cinnamon Rolls. It's been on two hours, so maybe it needs more curing. Not much scent.

CCCC ~ Banana Blast (good, but her Banana Cream Pie is stronger)

LOL ~ Maple Walnut (fabulous, but just wish it would have lasted longer)

Can-Do ~ Chocolate Tini (love this one, and I'm not a huge chocolate fan)

CFTKR ~ Fresh Squeezed Pineapple (goes great with the banana)

Happy birthday, Debra!

Fresh Linen candle - Pure Integrity

Curious - Rosa's

Cafe Vienna - Angie's

Blueberry Muffin - Gramma Fran's

Thanks, cyn!

Bigred: http://coraldolphin.com ( and I need to edit my last remark - the lemon verbena berry is sneaking out of the MBR and heading down the hall now.)

The free gift they advertise has been either a little candle or towel thing to use in your kitchen.

Last melt of the night is Nene's Honey Graham Pie Crust. This is my favorite from Nene's! I'm expecting another order this week. Everyone have a good night and a safe Holiday!

Melting YC Ocean Water tonight. I like the scent but it's pretty light. At least it goes well with my Michael's pillar that I'm burning.

Going out of town for a week on Tuesday, but I have a travel tin candle to bring along! :oops:

Pupplove, I have one of those Pineapple Paprika tarts from GHBT....will have to give it a try soon after your rave!

Jules, that is so cool that you found some oldies but goodies! I love it! Love Outback too!

Maxine, welcome to the board! [smilie=th_welcome]

We got home a little while ago from a BBQ at my cousins' house. We had a great time and all the food was so yummy!

I have one votive burning....ROOT Candles Ginger Patchouli [smilie=th_8d1933ff] (need a jar of this one!)..... and also an Illuminations pillar in Meyer Lemon.

Oh yes, I have Carol's Violet Lime melting upstairs too.

:oops: Hope you had a great day debra!

I had Green Apple Pucker from Blue Gecko going earlier, which the family enjoyed all day while I was at work. Now I'm home and just put on Sugar Cookie from Scentsy.

Didn't switch out melts til just now, because the younger DD and the FSIL and I were looking at some reception sites today. I think we picked one.

I am melting Missy's Chocolate Godiva Tini and loving it. Is it a favorite of mine.

I made a great purchase at Tuesday Morning this week of a Drink blender. It was advertised as a health drink blender. I know I am feeling a lot healthier as I made up some frozen Southern Whiskey Sour. A frozen whiskey sour made with Southern Comfort! I give this blender an A+ as I am feeling no pain at all right now!

:oops:

I have been having a lot of dental pain from a temporary crown. And Friday I had to have a root canal on a different tooth.. (That tooth is actually feeling fine now). And you know what? I am having no pain whatsoever with the crown now either!. Frozen whiskey sour is so much more pleasant than Ibuprofen!

[smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Didn't switch out melts til just now, because the younger DD and the FSIL and I were looking at some reception sites today. I think we picked one.

I am melting Missy's Chocolate Godiva Tini and loving it. Is it a favorite of mine.

I made a great purchase at Tuesday Morning this week of a Drink blender. It was advertised as a health drink blender. I know I am feeling a lot healthier as I made up some frozen Southern Whiskey Sour. A frozen whiskey sour made with Southern Comfort! I give this blender an A+ as I am feeling no pain at all right now!

[smilie=th_ecd36868]

I have been having a lot of dental pain from a temporary crown. And Friday I had to have a root canal on a different tooth.. (That tooth is actually feeling fine now). And you know what? I am having no pain whatsoever with the crown now either!. Frozen whiskey sour is so much more pleasant than Ibuprofen!

:shock:

ITA!!! Good luck with the root canal.

I have put on Raspberry Lilac from BG in the master bedroom as my nighty-night melt.

Nighty-night!

thflag.gif Happy Memorial Day! A big salute to those whose serve and who have given their lives for our great country.

mamalana, sounds like the drink blender was a great investment! I love Tuesday Morning....if you look around in there you can really find some great stuff...cheap!!! Good luck with the tooth!

It's sort of cool this morning here, so I am melting a couple of nice bakery scents to start the day!

Almost Country ~ Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee

CFTKR ~ Apple Spice Cake

Both are so good! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Hat's off to those who serve and served this great country

I'm with you Aria....is cool here too, at least for a while so i am enjoying Busy Bee's Gingerbread Latte in the LR, glazed pears from Front porch in the Kitchen and in the Comp room it is MaryAnn's Specialty from Cozy Cottage. [smilie=th_ecd36868]