The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

It's a wild and crazy morning here. Spring break has officially begun for my grade schoolers.

[smilie=th_CONGRA34] We've got lots of fun projects planned including painting my son's room. He wants neon lime green. [smilie=th_funny_sign] I thought about nixing that idea but he said he want's his room to have life in it...how can I argue with that? We're going to get the paint tomorrow. [smilie=th_insane]

This morning's scent is Sage & Citrus from Soy Lovely

That sounds fun! Lime green might be just right [smilie=th_e3301ae2] Enjoy your "break", lol.

Burning OV's Cinnamon Oblivion on this cold dark morning.

Becky, can I come over??

Neon lime green is definitely an energizing color!!. Have a fun "painting party", burn many smellies to keep the new paint scent down. This morning I am melting TD-Nag Champa and Illuminations-aromatherapy energizing votive. it smells really good. My DS is sick with sore throat, stuffy, red eyes and a terrible ear ache. I feel so bad for him. I'm getting ready to mop floors and clean my lovely bathrooms. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] Have a great day everyone.

Guest scentedstamper

Good Morning!

Hi Jules! I think you'll find that Neon Lime Green is a good choice! I say this because our 2 DDs share a bedroom and we just re-did their room a few weeks ago. No paint (white walls), but new furniture , curtains, and bedding. They picked LOUD colors in Hot Pink, Lime Green, Turquoise , and Bright Orange. In looking for accessories, it seems those colors are everywhere in stores! Got some lovely fake flowers to put in a vase in those exact shades. I even have candles that coordinate!! ANYWHO- not my "style" really, but I have to say it looks fabulous!! Have fun!!!!!

Back to "fruits". Melting: BG Strawberry Kiwi and Strawberry Jam Cheesecake (both different, but awesome!), LOL Spazztastic Melon Balls, and burning candles: GC Strawberry Shortcake and Pomegranate and a Haley's votive in Fresh Fruit.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

Sheryl

Hi everybody.

Still melting HoT's White Chocolate Pumpkin Cafe Latte. LOVE this one, but DH said it's too strong. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] Too strong? I don't know what that means! [smilie=th_e3301ae2] The man must be crazy. [smilie=th_funny_sign]

Gail

Thanks for the votes of confidence. [smilie=th_funny_sign] DS is digging the turquoise blue too.

Switching out Sage & Citrus - not strong enough for this kind of morning.

changed to: HoT - Pink Bergemot Ginger [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

I'm happy to say that the "New Green" candle I bought from Walmart last night is worth the $8 and I would buy another one. It burns very slow and it took all night to make a pool of wax but it is burning out to the sides. I put it in the bathroom and it has smelled up the bathroom very well. A very nice scent. Smells almost just like Yankee Candle's greenhouse. I'm going back to get the Green Apple one.

Today I am melting Clean Cotton in the bathroom, Lavender in the other bathroom and the walmart candle in the other bathroom. I'm burning my claire burke - Candle by Victoria in the bedroom - SUPER STRONG and a Sweet Rose from Candles by Victoria in the Kitchen and Vanilla Insanity in my daughters bedroom. It smells so good in here today! So happy to be home melting and burning! :[smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Hi everybody.

Still melting HoT's White Chocolate Pumpkin Cafe Latte. LOVE this one, but DH said it's too strong. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] Too strong? I don't know what that means! [smilie=th_e3301ae2] The man must be crazy. [smilie=th_funny_sign]

Gail

OK.. I don't think I've ever even had a thought like that before. IT MUST BE A GOOD ONE!

Citrus Linen H20 - Crosscreek

Frosted Sugar Cookie - Crosscreek

Chocolate Amber - Can Do

Kind of an odd scent mixture, but it's working. The Frosted Sugar Cookie is on its 3rd tealight and still throws great - I love this one! The other two are strong and fab too.

Good morning, it is a dreary and very windy morning here, which is a bummer because it is Prom night, and I am sympathizing with all the girls worrying about their beautiful hair do's. One of my best friends is one of the most popular hairstylists in town, she is booked from 10:00 through 6 tonight! I have to chaperone the after prom party, so I am still trying to figure out how on earth I will be able to stay up until 3 AM!! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

I started out with my free sample of Neopolitan from LOL, the tart was adorable with the 3 layers, but I am not exactly sure this scent is for me. Very sweet and strong, but for some reason just not really tripping my trigger. I am heading out to the store to get supplies for tonight, then I will come back and try something else. Have a great day everyone!

Have fun tonight darling!

I'm melting Red Velvet Cake from MTT. This is one of Missy's best scents! I've got to order more of this one, I'm getting low on my stash of this one! Everyone have a good day!

This morning's scent is Sage & Citrus from Soy Lovely

Hey Jules, how's that Sage & Citrus? I'm plotting a Soy Lovely order for whenever the next sale is.

I was sick most of the week and have been kind of miserable lately, mostly due to the fact that my cough keeps me up at night and the doctor wouldn't give me a prescription for anything. But last night was the first night in about 5-6 days that I actually fell asleep quickly and slept through the night. (Although DH tells me I woke up around 1 AM, got up and put my bathrobe on, hugged him, and then mumbled incoherently about either M'n'Ms, the candy, or Eminem, the rapper. He says I kept trying to talk until he told me to go back to sleep. !!!!!!! )

[smilie=th_funny_sign]

Today will probably be more of my YC Dune Grass candle, since yesterday was Macintosh. I've been switching among my spring scents. Once I really get healthier, I'll get back to melting too!

[smilie=th_CONGRA34]

[smilie=th_CONGRA34] Oh Christy. I hope you feel better soon. I'm trying not to laugh at your story but darn, that is funny!

I like Soy Lovely and their Sage & Citrus scent. I ended up switching it out this morning because I wanted something super strong today, but other days it's just right. Pink Frosted Cupcakes is good too.

darlingj1 - have fun tonite! [smilie=th_e3301ae2] Hope you can fit a nap in today. Or else they might have to get a chaperone to chaperone the chaperone.... [smilie=th_insane]

cmarie - [smilie=th_funny_sign] Think you were mumbling about Eminem.?...since you put your robe on..ya know...modesty and all... [smilie=th_CONGRA34] :lol:

Earlier I had on LOL's Eggnog Latte....yummy! But, it's fizzled now and just put on her Sugared Pumpkin Cookies. I have quite a few LOL's from my fall order I should melt before I think about ordering again. That's the plan....but U know what they say about the best laid plans.... :roll:

Darlinj1: Have a wonderful time tonight. My boys would have DIED if I chaperoned anything at their school. Christy; I hope you are on the mend. You're way behind on your melting. I am starting to melt LoL-Vanilla Crack. This is the first time I have melted this one, so I am anxious to see if I like it. I love vanilla with other scents. Have a good afternoon, it's beautiful in Indy today.

Funny Christy!

Today has been an oldie from Bella Bug - Yacht Club. It is not in her list anymore, but from other sites this scent is described as rain, strawberry and kiwi.

Well, I was a little disappointed that the scent was so weak - and all I got was the "rain" part of the description, but it is old, so what can you expect?

Anywho - my son comes in and says WOW that is way too strong! Can you blow it out for awhile? (Young noses...sigh...) I asked what he smelled - he got "pixie sitx" - a fruity smell. No rain! I told him it was "Yacht Club" - and he said -"yeah - that's it - I also smell a hint of old money". [smilie=th_aa20]

I'm happy to say that the "New Green" candle I bought from Walmart last night is worth the $8 and I would buy another one. It burns very slow and it took all night to make a pool of wax but it is burning out to the sides. I put it in the bathroom and it has smelled up the bathroom very well. A very nice scent. Smells almost just like Yankee Candle's greenhouse. I'm going back to get the Green Apple one.

Today I am melting Clean Cotton in the bathroom, Lavender in the other bathroom and the walmart candle in the other bathroom. I'm burning my claire burke - Candle by Victoria in the bedroom - SUPER STRONG and a Sweet Rose from Candles by Victoria in the Kitchen and Vanilla Insanity in my daughters bedroom. It smells so good in here today! So happy to be home melting and burning! :[smilie=th_aa20]

Denim, I saw those Green candles at Wal-Mart, and was impressed by the cold scent, but am always leary about any candles from Wal-Mart. Glad to know yours was worth the money!

Christy, I hope you feel better soon. Have a Nyquil cocktail, eat some M&M's and listen to an Eminem CD, maybe that'll do it!

Today it's Spiced Coffee Cake from Can-Do. Smells yummy!

Who comes in and sames "Ewww, that is too strong!" MY DD. She drives me crazy sometimes.

Speaking of not strong enough, I have moved the Chocolate Covered Oranges to my bathroom. The scent is pleasant, but not very strong.

I have replaced it with:

LOL - White Chocolate Peppermint Schnapps I can already tell after a few minutes that this is a keeper!

Who comes in and sames "Ewww, that is too strong!" MY DD. She drives me crazy sometimes.

Speaking of not strong enough, I have moved the Chocolate Covered Oranges to my bathroom. The scent is pleasant, but not very strong.

I have replaced it with:

LOL - White Chocolate Peppermint Schnapps I can already tell after a few minutes that this is a keeper!

White Chocolate Peppermint Schnapps!!! SOUNDS AMAZING!!