The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Hello everyone!

Mona - I hope your mom has a speedy recovery. My grandma had both knees done a long time ago.

Tonight I'm melting Clove and have 2 YC votives burning - Kiwi Berries and Island Guava.

Lisa, did you mom have a knee replacement or a repair? I hope she recovers quickly and without a glitch!

I'm loving Cross Creek's Cinnamon Roll. It's a windy, chilly evening here. I think I need a REAL cinnamon roll for comfort. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Gail

I had CFTKR's Apple Zucchini Bread on for awhile but neither DH nor I cared much for it. I'm discovering that I'm not loving most of Carol's scents, although I've only tried six, mostly bakery. What's up with that? :lol: Most of you seem to love her smellies. I'm now melting Cross Creek's Cinnamon Roll. It's just getting started but it's really good!

Gail

Don't know how many times I can say it, but everyone's nose is different. I will tell you that not all of Carol's scents make me go "WOW", (although I have not disliked one of them, some just aren't strong enough for my nose), but the ones that do, make me go [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3] :oops:

On the other hand, there are some vendors here that many people love, and for the life of me, I don't get it.

Here are some of Carol's scents that I adore. If you have tried any of these, and don't like them, it is just a matter of the way you perceive them. To me these are strong and wonderful.

PECAN TWIST

SOUTHERN CONFECTIONS

SPICED APPLE PECAN

Wildberry Mousse

bear claw

Blueberry Vanilla Bomb

CANDIED YAMS

chestnuts and brown sugar

CINNAMON STRUDEL

Country Bake Shop

Lisa, hope your Mom is feeling well soon.

Well, [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Lana ma'am! I haven't tried any of those scents but I'll add them to my wish list for when I do put in my first order.

Gail

Last melts of the night for me are:

K - Vanilla Punpkin - AMS - I love this scent - Actually, I've loved ALL Christy's pumpkin scents so far.

LR - Abercrombie for Women - AMS - A good dupe of the ladies perfume and no I don't know which one it's supposed to be :P :lol:

BR - Tropical Vines - CD - A very nice moderately strong scent

Bath - Orchid Rain - Nene's - I'm not liking this one too much and it is very faint too

Also burning a Colonial Orange Flower & Musk small madison jar in the bath.

:oops: [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Hello all! I had such a busy day today trying to get caught up from yesterday I had no time to post. Gail, I agree with you, I have burned almost all of my CFTKR, and the only one I found that really wowed me was Iced Cherry Chip. I just figure she has so many scents to pick from, I just must not have hit the jackpot yet. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Lisa, I sure hope your mom does well after her knee surgery. In my experience, the second day is usually the hardest, when the major meds wear off and you are just trying to get used to the prescription meds. Be nice to your mommy.. ha ha I tell my kids that everyday! Hopefully she will be good or better than new in no time! My father in law had both his knees replaced and he can do things now he hadn't been able to do in a decade!

Tonight I am burning my Booper's Cupcake Candle, it is the only thing my husband can tolerate so far. I tried Pink Sugar Petit Fours... too perfumey, it was giving me a headache, and then I put in Flamingo Kisses again but SH blew it out as soon as he got home.

Hello all! I had such a busy day today trying to get caught up from yesterday I had no time to post. Gail, I agree with you, I have burned almost all of my CFTKR, and the only one I found that really wowed me was Iced Cherry Chip. I just figure she has so many scents to pick from, I just must not have hit the jackpot yet. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Lisa, I sure hope your mom does well after her knee surgery. In my experience, the second day is usually the hardest, when the major meds wear off and you are just trying to get used to the prescription meds. Be nice to your mommy.. ha ha I tell my kids that everyday! Hopefully she will be good or better than new in no time! My father in law had both his knees replaced and he can do things now he hadn't been able to do in a decade!

Tonight I am burning my Booper's Cupcake Candle, it is the only thing my husband can tolerate so far. I tried Pink Sugar Petit Fours... too perfumey, it was giving me a headache, and then I put in Flamingo Kisses again but SH blew it out as soon as he got home.

oh no!~ Never Never blow out one of my Candles!!!! LOL

CAN'T SLEEP ... SO i'm melting doodlebug from GHBT. Got another order from her today. I'm going to try every single scent she has!!! I love her tarts!

Tonight I tried Ocean Mist from Crosscreek, nice scent but is very ligh.

Still finishing up (3rd evening already)

Summer Lovin- BG

and

Toasted Almonds and Cherries- LOL

Hi all! Today it is Mama R's Zucchini Bread from Nene's so far. Hope you all have a great day!

Who is Mama R Jason?

So much action here today and good scents, that I can't remember who said what. Anyway, melted LOL lemon ginger sample today and really liked it (very different).

I also like some of CFTKR's scents. Lemon Snap cake is one of my favorites. Lana, you made a very good point about our noses perceiving scents differently.

Melting:

CCCC ~ Purple Cow

LOL ~ Grape -tastic

Grumpy Girl ~ 420 (real unique)

Can-Do ~ Cucumbers n Cream

Hi all! Today it is Mama R's Zucchini Bread from Nene's so far. Hope you all have a great day!

Who is Mama R Jason?

So much action here today and good scents, that I can't remember who said what. Anyway, melted LOL lemon ginger sample today and really liked it (very different).

I also like some of CFTKR's scents. Lemon Snap cake is one of my favorites. Lana, you made a very good point about our noses perceiving scents differently.

Melting:

CCCC ~ Purple Cow

LOL ~ Grape -tastic

Grumpy Girl ~ 420 (real unique)

Can-Do ~ Cucumbers n Cream

Heart, it's just the name of the scent, "Mama R's Zucchini Bread". It was a Nene's tart. I don't know who Mama R is, but she makes some darn good zucchini bread! :oops:

:oops: Oh, I have been out of it today! Digging thru my LOL package and trying so many new scents has me going bonkers!

Guess we need to ask NeNe who MaMa R is Jason. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

This Can-Do sample of "Dad's Cucumber n Cream " is great. I'll guess it is her Dad? [smilie=th_cha40]

Lisa, speedy recovery to your Mom.

Denim, you won't be the only one up late melting tarts. [smilie=crap]

Haven't been melting much lately...just two from Busy Bee gingerbread and fresh peach. I've mostly been burning candles...it's been raining and dreary here for two days BUT it's

now SPRING BREAK! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7] I'm not going to do anyuthing but read, melt, and go to yoga classes! :oops:

Good morning.

HL - Blue Berry Patch jar

BB - Sugar Cookie & Georgia Peach jar

HOP - Snickerdoodle Cappuccino votive

LOL - Vanilla Crunch melt relight

Good Morning All!

Starting out on this very rainy a.m. with

YC Berry Jam

YC Vanilla Lime

:oops:

Monalisa.....Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!

Morning friends!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My Mom appreciated having the company last night. So far she is not in too much pain. She didn't mind my LOL Sugared Gum Drops tart so much either! :oops: Thankfully, she did not have a knee replacement. She tore something and had water on her knee. She also has some has arthritis in her knees. Using a stepper exercise machine aggravated the exisiting issues and caused some new ones, I think. At some point she will need a hip replacement. That one worries me. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] Anyway, TGIF even though it's so gloomy here today.

I am melting Crosscreek's Scones and Cinnamon Butter. I wish it was stronger.

edited to correct something I said

Good Morning everyone! Monolissa I sure hope your mom gets to feeling better. I hope today is a better day than yesterday. We almost had a tornado hit us yesterday. It died down before it got here Thank God! Melting "Cinnamon Girl" from LOL today so far.

:oops: Yea it Friday. Today i'm remelting: Moonlight by Home & Garden

Aloe & Green clover by new hope

Sweet magonilla by bridgewater

Susan

Good morning, friends. Happy Friday!

Lisa, I'm glad your mom isn't feeling too bad. Gum Drops probably helped her forget she had any pain. [smilie=th_cha40]

Cat52, too scary about the close call with the tornado. I'm glad it didn't descend upon you and yours.

It's ugly outside today in the desert. Clear and sunny, 45 degrees, but very windy AGAIN! [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

I'm continuing with Cross Creek's Cinnamon Roll this morning. It'll only be going for a couple hours before I have to skeedaddle to brunch with girlfriends then teach dog classes this afternoon. :oops: In this wretched wind?! [smilie=crap]

Have a lovely day, everybody!

Gail

I'm in heaven... I decided to lite my Claire Burke candle from Candles by Victoria this morning and it is awesome. I could smell it immediately! This is one strong candle!

Good morning and happy Friday! For the morning melts, it's pink grapefruit from luscious scents in the computer room, hazelnut cream from mainstays in the kitchen, gardenia from the serene dream shop in my bedroom, and amaretto chocolate from cftkr in the living room.

:oops:

Bath - Orchid Rain - Nene's - I'm not liking this one too much and it is very faint too

Bigred, I melted this one a few days ago and didn't care for the scent either. It smelled like play doh to me, and I have issues with play doh...

Lisa, I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well. Here's hoping for a very speedy recovery. I've heard that melting lots of tarts helps with that. :oops:

Dabba - your spring break schedule sounds like heaven! Wish I could join you. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

This morning I'm melting CHC Watermelon Kick and CFTKR Clean Crisp Air. I really want to like this one but it's not quite happening for me, yet.

Happy Friday Peeps!

I've got Crosscreek's Pink Crush melting and it's soooooooo good!

Guest scentedstamper

Aria, Crosscreek's Pink Crush is one of my favorites!!! Enjoy!

Well, I have deemed today to be "use it up Friday" !!! I am bad about using half of a tart , then putting the rest back in the "stash" and sort of forgetting about it!! So, as of now I am melting: LOL Frosted Sugar Cookie, Fudged Up White Cake, Country Bake Shop, Celtic Moonspice, Can Do Pink Sugar Cookies and CCCC French Crumb Cake. Once these "fizzle" out I may have to switch "themes", but I NEED to "use it up" !!!! [smilie=th_Drglar]

Have a great day!

Sheryl