The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
becky

Flower Pot Votives?

Someone wrote about flower pot votives a while back and I thought I bookmarked the site, but I can't find it.

They were from a local place that has a website, but the orders need to be phoned in. Does anyone remember the name of the company?

Jules, yes, Heart of the Praire. Just actually ordered and received a dozen of them last week. I usually order every couple months from them [smilie=th_bighug-1] They are both so sweet, Curt & Nancy Basler is their name. I love their flowerpot votives!!

I did write about Flower Pot scents, but they are not as good as HEart of the Prairie. Onlly placed the one order for Flower Pot Scents. I think i stumbled upon Flower Pot Scents at a craft store, and decided to try them out. I am always looking to try different flower pot votives, but always go back to Heart of the prairie.

Bigred, I emailed back and forth to get my scent choices worked out and ordered. Then I called them toll free with CC info. They are shipping tomorrow.

Becky, Thanks for your input. You are right. Super nice folks. Here's what I ordered.

all these votives:

A Little Slice of Heaven ( spice cookie)

Banana Nut Bread

Cowboy (man in a candle)

Leather

Lemon Vanilla

Rustic Trails (patchoulli, sandlewood,sage, euclayptus)

Twister (fruity, clean, spicy)

Snickerdoodle Cappuccino

Country Orchard (mulberry, strawberry, cherry)

Prairie Rain

Pink Coconut

Strawberry Shortcake

Wild Wild West (butter rum)

Summer on the Prairie (3 layer candle,Top"Pearberry,middle"Jasmine Rose",Bottom "Sweet Pea")

Indian Fried Bread

Caramelicious

Boots & Spurs (black pepper)

Ranch Dressin (red cedar & leather)

Blueberry Muffin

Key Lime Pie

also:

1 - 12oz jar

Spring on the Prairie scent (3 layer candle,Top "Sea Salt" a clean scent,middle"Lilac&Linen"floral and clean,Bottom"Cotton Patch" clean linen)

Maybe I can post pictures when they get here. I am so excited about these.

They are the nicest people to work with. Their flowerpot votives are huge, burn a really long time. You picked some great scents Jules [smilie=Pattys_day] I am addicted to her votives....usually have to place an order every few months. Haven't ordered any jars yet, but planning too soon. Just placed and received last week, an order for more votives [smilie=Pattys_day] And she ships SUPER FAST. She usually ships always, the day after i order, and usually takes 2 days UPS.

Jules... Spring on the Prairie is WONDERFUL. I love the Sea Salt and the Cotton Patch scents...I may have to order a few of those [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Jules... Spring on the Prairie is WONDERFUL. I love the Sea Salt and the Cotton Patch scents...I may have to order a few of those [smilie=th_sHellobar]

I'm sure glad to hear that, because I had meant to get the Summer on the Prairie in the jar size. I actually made a mistake when I ordered. They both looked good so I decided to leave my order as is. I'm sure happy to read that the Spring scent is notably good. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Debra, I should get these goodies by Monday, so I'll report back.

I take it that these are bigger than the average votive?

They should fit snugly in one of these type of votive holders. At least that's what I'm counting on.

100_4533.jpg

I finally got to dig through the box of votives. Here is a photo of some of the prettiest colors: The Lemon Creme votive in the top left corner shows how they were wrapped and labeled.

100_4619.jpg

The tri-colored one is Spring on the Prairie scent. So far the stand-out scents are Cowboy, Boots & Spurs, Snickerdoodle Capp., Rustic Trail.

Some smell stronger than others cold. Only time and burning will tell if these can fill a room. I like the size, and the appearance of them. CS was great and shipping was fast and low cost, so I'm a happy gal.

I finally have some big votives to fit my flowerpot holders. Great find, Becky! I'm so glad I ordered here.

Becky, :oops:

Oh my... :oops:

You're a very mean evil woman Jules... :lol:

You P0rn pusher!! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Do those fit your flowerpot votive holders well?

Unfortunately I bought two really nice thick heavy glass regular votive holders (from Colonial on sale) for the bath and need regular sized votives. I'm REALLY going to miss Christy and her wonderful chunk votives. Where does one get flowerpot votive holders Ms. P0rn Queen? :P

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I've been called a lot of things, but p0rn queen is new. :oops:

I got my flowerpot sized holders at Circle E Candles, but I've since found them at craft stores like Michaels and AC Moore. These also fit snugly in a couple of my larger Yankee votive holders like this water garden one.

100_4632.jpg100_4633.jpg

Here's a side by side picture, switching holders with my very last AMS votive. :lol:

(see how the HOP votive's wick is off center? The one I'm burning is like that too. I've been bending the wick to the center every so often, and that is working.)

More p0rn!!! Damn you, woman!! :lol: :)

Are you getting a good scent throw out of them votives Jules?

BTW here'a a link to the votive holders I mentioned buying from Colonial - http://www.colonialcandle.com/store/item.aspx?DepartmentId=142&CategoryId=7&PCategoryId=&ItemId=12140&CollectionId=

They are quite heavy and the glass is very thick. They are votive holders but if you flip them over they then become tealight holders. :lol: I like them.

Jules~~Great pictures of the votives, I am SOOOO glad you like them :lol: Sometimes my wicks are a little off centered before i light them....but after lighting, the wick seems to straighten up.

I need to place another order from them, there are a few scents i am really wanting to try out. I have tried most scents, but there are some that i haven't. Did you get the cotton one? I love that one, and i am out of those! Guess i better head that way soon :)