The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest Anonymous

MPfand isn't that nice when our husbands do that for us. My husband did the same thing yesterday. He made pancakes, and bacon. I came downstairs to cook for him, and it was already on the table. Nice surprise! We deserve it don't we!!

I surprised him a couple of weeks ago, and served him breakfast in bed. He was in the best mood all day!! He said you know those small things mean so much.

He also two months ago sent me a dozen roses for no reason! First time in over 10 years. Then I thought what is up with this??? What did you do???

Any way back to tarts I have my apple dumplins still going, and the throw is great. Upstairs I just changed to strawberry shortcake.

Karla

I have put Country Chunkies Cucumber/Cantaloupe on for the night. Will put the same scent candle from Cobblestone that I got free on for another night on the warmer in the bath here pretty soon. I think tonight might be its last night but we will see. I am just now starting to smell the Chunkies--will see how it does.

Thanks for the welcome!!!! I am currently melting YC gingerbread! I had fun today going through the candles at Ross, TJMaxx, and Marshall's. I found a couple Colonial At Homes marked down to 4.99. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Dab - the only thing better than melting and burning is finding the tools of the trade on sale! I have been known to keep the price tag on so I can gloat about my bargain!

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Going to start up my Papaya Passion again. We had dinner cooking in the slow cooker all day and it totally overpowered the scent. I want to give it another try!

Guest Anonymous

Monkey Burbs from CHC - moderate throw, pretty fruity.

Wild Watermelon from Gramma Fran - I like this. Good throw, fruity with a bit of spice, so it's not too sweet.

Blueberry Muffin from CHC - this is a weird smelling blueberry muffin. Not my cup of tea.

Santa's Enchanted Forest from HoT (don't ask...)

Guest Anonymous

Cat I love the new Betty Boop! I used to collect her when I was younger. Now all I collect is candles, and tarts! LOL

Trep - I got the strawberry shortcake at www.mccarleysgifts.com it is very good.

I sell their candles in my boutique with my logo on them so I buy from the wholesale site which is www.mccarleysgifts-shopwholesale.com. If you email them they will send you the list of fragrances, and descriptions. They have over 1000 fragrances, and I have tried quite a few. I like that they offer all of the Christmas fragrances all year, and the top sellers I just change the name on my label to enjoy all year long.

They have like every duplicate you can imagine of victoria secret, bath and body, yankee, etc. etc. If you don't see something they will even special make the fragrance for you in whatever kind of container with or without a label.

The wholesale minimum is only 12 candles, but I have so many customers now that come in to buy my candles at my pet boutique that I order like 40 - 60 at a time. I have people that don't even have pets come in to buy because a friend told them about us. I'm starting to sell the tarts, and tart burners soon too.

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Karla

Guest Anonymous

Sorry I mean Cyn I love your Betty Boop!

I'm going shoping for something to put on mine!

I don't do alot of chocolatey scents as they are often iffy. Some of them smell darn right wrong if I may be so bold! But tonight I have on Walnut Fudge Brownie from Aromasoy by Grazia, I think it's called. It is very rich and really smells like brownies baking, which is a good thing for at least thirty minutes while brownies are baking! Let's see if I still want to smell brownies baking for five hours or more. May be too decadent!

Hey all-it has been such a crazy weekend that I haven't had time to change the Glazed donut from this morning. The funny thing is that when we finally got back home this evening,I had forgotten about this tart. Everytime I walked into the kitchen-I kept smelling donuts. I thought one of the hooligans from the party had stashed it somewhere instead of eating it. So here I am, 8 pm searching the place for hidden donuts. All of the sudden it hits me that it is the tart I put on this morning!

DUH!!!!!! Yeah-I need some sleep.

Jason-

Just wanted to tell you that I do like the YC Autumn Leaves. It is right up my alley-and I never thought I'd say that about YC again. LOL-it has just been so long since I used them that I had forgotten that the tarts can be good. Thanks for the reminder!

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, all [smilie=th_blij51] I just purchased a 'Mainstays' triple-layer jar from Walmart--Just couldn't pass it by. These are new, at least at my local store, and the cold throw is really yummy. There were new jars in many different scents, but, I chose one called 'Dreamy Desserts'. First layer--hazelnut cream Second layer--fresh baked muffins Third layer--chocolate pound cake. . .I can't wait to try this one. Has anyone else tried this newcomer? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Good Morning all--here we go into another week. Karla--thanks for the info--I will check this out. Just got an email that my Cobblestone tarts I ordered are on the way.

This morning I am trying PI's Lilac melts. I had a free candle from them in this scent and couldn't get a throw which is unusual for PI so have the melts on--almost melted and nothing yet--we'll see.

Have a good day everyone and welcome Dabbey!! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Update--already dumped the PI Lilac--it wasn't a bad smell--just thought it smelled more like something trying to smell like lilacs if you know what I mean. Am trying a new YC I got at Kohl's called Beach Towel--I don't usually like fresh scents but this smells good cold. We'll see.

wildfire, I have always wanted to try one of the triple layers, old virginia makes them also, and of course the one I wanted was not available ( beach scents), I think I may just make one of my own since I do have a few jars laying around and see how it goes.

Guest Anonymous

Welcome, Dabbey!

Thanks, Karla!

Not sure this morning...think I'll put on Red Velvet Cake from CHC. At work, Orange Cranberry Spice from HoT will be fired up again.

Have a great day!

Guest Anonymous

JerseyMom--I think that is great that you are making your own candles. My brother lives outside Aspen, CO and has his own candle shop. I flew there to help him initially, and, that was almost four years ago and he is thriving. I know this may sound strange, but, with something that I LOVE so much (candles and all home fragrancing) I want to be on the consumer end of it only. I ADORE my brother's candles, but, he would like to think that this is all that I am burning. . .and, sorry, there is NO way that could happen [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Kinda shocked me too Wildfire..I never thought of myself as the creative type. Its frustrating on one hand because what u think will work doesn't and what u think won't, does.

I threw out a pound of wax this week because some idea with mixing oils did not turn out the way I wanted..[smilie=th_FULL_O17]((( Lots of trial and error.

I love the Mainstay candle in hazelnut (in the medium size only..other two sizes aren't as good...go figure) and I have bought tons of them. I'll have to try the triple layers. My YC gingerbread is still going strong! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

today I have going tropical paradise and 3rd day of aroma soy's caramel pecan pumpkin cheesecake ( its finally pooping out)

Have a great Monday everyone...gotta work to pay the tart lady:)

Guest Anonymous

Still melting Tuscadero's Winterberr downstairs. Upstairs will put on Tuscadero's Cactus and Sea Salt. Trying to get a good feel for how her tarts perform in my melters in my house. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] Also have Nene's Snow Angel in my bathroom. This is a more subltle scent but every once and awhile I will get a whiff of it in my foyer and it is lovely.

Good morning!!! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I am still melting Bella's Cinnamon Sugar Donuts, great with my morning tea!!

I haven't started melting anything yet this morning, but I can still smell the persian lilac mist from aroma soy that I melted yesterday. Man, that was one strong tart! I'll probably get that one going again later this morning, after I make a run to the pharmacy. My poor little 3 year old has an ear infection, so I need to pick up some medicine for him.

I am burning that triple layer thing today.(I couldn't believe how good it smelled) In cherry,berry blast-it is so good. I will have to go back and get a couple more and try the bakery one. With a candle shade on-it burns great.