The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Boogie, I think I saw the recipe for lavender cookies in a Victoria magazine years ago... did not try it as I do not stock lavender in my pantry... :lol: I thought it was interesting when I saw it.

I know in french cooking, Herbs de Provence is used. This is mix of herbs including lavender. I believe it is used in savory dishes (I read a lot about cooking more than I cook, ha!!)

All I know is that is works for me in the YC Shortbread Cookie tart... [smilie=th_confused3]

Guest Anonymous

Fleur, I had a cute little calendar last year that focused on home and herbs and it had a recipe for lavender cookies. I distincly remember it because I had lavender growing in my herb garden and always meant to try the recipe but never did. Of course then the end of hte year came and I threw the calender away.

I am doing an experiment with my 14W to see how well it will throw downstairs (which is a hard area to scent in my house) so using CHC Holiday Wassail since i know it has a good throw.

Hello everyone!

I am melting YC cinnamon balsam in my office, Sheba's Secrets Calypso Twist in the living room and I am simmering an oil in the bedroom - Elton John Estate! I find that funny for some unknown reason. But I had to try it!

[smilie=th_confused3]

Happy Saturday!!! Just put in Sheba's Secrets Tropical Temptation in the master bedroom, Cheryl's Kumquat is still going strong in the kitchen so I'm debating over what to put in the downstairs bath.....okay, Texas Charm Turquoise it is! Such a nice, powdery, upscale scent that is perfect for this area. Next is my daughter's bedroom, which will be Colonial Candles Strawberry Rhubarb. Already thinking about what's next!

Hey, Send, we kinda have the Sheba's tropical thing a-going! I really like some of their scents. I also have a box of Colonial at Home Lavendar snaps, about to break one out. I noticed for the first time a big sticker that says "for best results, do not burn more thatn 2-3 hours at a time". I have never seen that on any melts/tarts before.

[smilie=th_confused3]

Melting Country Chunkies Pink Grapefruit Vanilla and Carols Vanilla Buttercream Crunch.

Regarding the Cookie mixed with Lavender......anyone ever try Carols City of Lights?

Its a mix of lavender and cinnamon (slight bakery) and I know it sounds weird, but it works.

You can use it in the kitchen or bathroom............odd, yup!

Guest Anonymous

Hi ladies!!

Today, in my computer room is Mia Bella's french vanilla, still going strong! And in the living room is Mia bella's watermelon. Both are so yummy! I am hoping to get some tarts in the mail today, please,please,please, oh, Mr. Postman?

Guest Anonymous

I feel like comfort on this Saturday afternoon. I'm burning Apple dumplings in the kitchen, and Apple butter pumpkin pie upstairs. Now I'm going to go relax, and shop on the web.

Have a fun scent day!

Karla

Hi, Debra! Sheba's stuff is okay, but I'm not getting much of a throw [smilie=th_e16] . Maybe it's the one I've got going so I'll check more out later. I noticed that too about Colonial Candles. Hmmmm. I don't typically get a lot of their stuff though I love their Holiday Sparkle (stuff is awesome!). Caught a bunch of them on sale at Tuesday Morning and loaded up [smilie=th_00000020] . I just burn 'em 'til they're done or I'm bored and then move on to another!

Guest Anonymous
Hi, Debra! Sheba's stuff is okay, but I'm not getting much of a throw [smilie=th_e16] . Maybe it's the one I've got going so I'll check more out later. I noticed that too about Colonial Candles. Hmmmm. I don't typically get a lot of their stuff though I love their Holiday Sparkle (stuff is awesome!). Caught a bunch of them on sale at Tuesday Morning and loaded up [smilie=th_00000020] . I just burn 'em 'til they're done or I'm bored and then move on to another!

With Sheba's clamshells, I've had to use at least 3 cubes to get a good throw. The Apple Bourbon was very nice, as was Bump n Grind.

Guest Anonymous

I'm burning a candle from Rosegirls (still waiting on my tarts from Bella's and Grammafrans *sighs*).

It's Cozy Comfort. It smells REALLY good. A very soft cinnamon smell.

Just put on The Spotted Hog's Raspberry Zinger Cake. Too early to tell about the melt, but the cold smell is yummy... [smilie=th_00000020]

Hi all--just got home from the mall. Of course, I was at the Yankee store--also went to Kohl's and picked up some new YC scents--Strawberry Banana (this smells wonderful cold) and Beach Towel. Also got some clearance Santa's Cookies. I picked up a couple of their Red Apple while I was at it also.

The manager at my Yankee store was telling me you can return any Yankee item no matter how old it is or where you got it--even if it's so old they never heard of the fragrance. They will give you store credit. I told him I had two large candles I didn't want and he said he'd give me tarts for them--so next trip down there that's what I'm going to do. I knew they would take back things you bought and didn't like but I never heard of this.

Anyway, came home and have changed to Brown Bag's Cucumber & Cantaloupe--this is a really good one and put my free Cobblestone of same scent back on the warmer in the bath.

Have a great evening everyone. Nancy [smilie=th_00000020]

I'm burning Pure Integrity's Vanilla Almond candle right now. This is one scent that I can't get enough of! At first I thought the cold throw was too heavy on the almond, but the hot throw is perfect. In 10 minutes half my apartment already smells delish.

I have moved on to Rosegirls Sultry Angel. I also found a very cheap tart at the craft store I tried earlier, DC is the company, scent was fresh cut flowers. Uhhh...you get what you pay for. [smilie=th_00000020]

Guest Anonymous

Still melting Holiday Wassail and glad to say that my 14W is holding its on in my dowstairs. In my tealight burner in my family room I just threw in HOT Holly's Holiday blend. It is her secret Xmas blend and I have no idea what it is but it is to die for and it is barely melted. I need to get a ton of these next Xmas.

Guest Anonymous

OK. Who is Hot Holly? I haven't see her name before. I searched on the Review Board and also, did a search under Google - you can just imagine what I came up with - and it didn't have anything to do with tarts - the melting kind, if you know what I mean? [smilie=th_00000020]

Guest Anonymous
OK. Who is Hot Holly? I haven't see her name before. I searched on the Review Board and also, did a search under Google - you can just imagine what I came up with - and it didn't have anything to do with tarts - the melting kind, if you know what I mean? [smilie=th_e16]
[smilie=th_00000020]

Guest Anonymous
OK. Who is Hot Holly? I haven't see her name before. I searched on the Review Board and also, did a search under Google - you can just imagine what I came up with - and it didn't have anything to do with tarts - the melting kind, if you know what I mean? [smilie=th_00000020]

Holly at House of Tarts (HOT). [smilie=th_e16]

Guest Anonymous

LOL!!! Sorryl The vendor is House of Tarts or actually Frizz's House of Tarts but everyone calles it HOT. The scent is Holly's Holiday blend. You dont see too many references to HOT on this board but I have ordered from them twice and have been very pleased. She changes her scents often as she just offers seasonal ones. Tart are good quality though. HTH.

Guest Anonymous
LOL!!! Sorryl The vendor is House of Tarts or actually Frizz's House of Tarts but everyone calles it HOT. The scent is Holly's Holiday blend. You dont see too many references to HOT on this board but I have ordered from them twice and have been very pleased. She changes her scents often as she just offers seasonal ones. Tart are good quality though. HTH.

I agree. I've gotten one order from her and have been pleased so far.

Tonight it's Holiday Wassail from CHC - love it, love it, love it!

Banana Nut Bread from Gramma Fran - just started, hard to tell.

Red Velvet Cake from CHC - another winner. Moderate throw, but very true.

Peppercorn from CHC - nice and different. A bit spicy, but not burn your nose spicy. Working well in guest bedroom in a plug in.