The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Still melting Bella's Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. It is really cold here this morning. This scent is nice and inviting.... [smilie=th_welcome]

Guest Anonymous

I have been smelling this Peach vanilla in a cold throw that I thought I would put it on to burn. OMG it smells so good! I smell it through the whole down stairs area of our home!! uuuuuummmmmm!!!

Karla

So far this morning, I'm only burning YC's fresh cut roses in my bedroom, where my dd is laying in my bed sick for the day (dh is on the couch sick). Ahhh, I'll be burning tarts everywhere today to get that sick smell out (no one is puking, but have fevers, coughs, etc.). My little boys (5 and 3) are coughing, too. So far, my 8 year old and I are fine, and hopefully it'll stay that way. When mama is sick, the whole house shuts down. LOL!

Heidi--so sorry you guys are sick--will say a prayer for a quick recovery and that you and your 8 yr old stay well.

I had to dump that YC Greek Fig & Black Currant--I don't like to be crude or disgusting but it smelled like the odor you get when a tom cat sprays his terrirory--enough said. [smilie=th_moredrama]

I put in YC cherry lemonade to see if I can eradicate it--fortunately it was not a super strong one so this should do it. It is way too cold to open doors and windows to air out the house.

Well, I'm heading to the mall and the candle store--I am not even going to try to be strong. Will report later. Nancy [smilie=th_welcome]

Guest Anonymous

Melting YC Indonesian Ginger downstairs, third day w/ Nene's Spice Cranberry upstairs, and just put in my free Cobblestone Caramel apple tart upstairs. Too soon for any reaction to the Cobblestone or YC. Did end up enjoying the YC Cider doughnut yesterday though. Unexpectedly home all day so enjoying having all my burners going.

My BBW order came in yesterday, so I am the queen of oils right now! I am having a sugarfest - Vanillacoconut oil in the bathroom, Vanilla sugarcane in the living room, and creamy caramel in the master bedroom. [smilie=th_welcome]

Good morning everyone!

With all of my new stuff from Can-Do and Sugar & Spice, I played it safe this morning and opened my new 1/2 lb bag of Nene's Krumbles this morning in Cinnamon Roll. Both husband and I are fighting colds and feeling kind of oogy..so until they come out with a Chicken Soup melt, we're sticking with the warm and snuggly Cinnamon Roll! [smilie=th_moredrama]

However I did melt Can-Do's Caramel Nut Cluster last night in my living room. YUM! However, not the greatest thing to melt while watching the taped 2 hour Biggest Loser episode! [smilie=th_welcome]

Jewel

Hi, everyone! Home sick today so I'm surrounding myself with soothing scents - Bella's Amber Seduction in the master bedroom, Cheryl's Candles Emerald Sea downstairs and yesterday's Blueberry Cobbler from Winter Garden Aromatics in the kitchen. Oddly enough, it all seems to blend nicely. Maybe it's cause I'm all stuffed up! In this round, Cheryl's clearly wins for throw.

Guest Anonymous

Get well wishes to all those that are sick today.

Send, thinking of placing a Cheryl's order. What do you recommend?

Wildfire, thanks for finding out about the Shortbread Cookie. Wonder why they consider it a "seasonal" scent. Seems like just a bakery scent to me and they have to have a few of those year round. Anyway, I know you're just the messenger and I thank you!

Trep, I've never heard of this Fig and Black Currant you speak of. I know you thought it smelled "bad" (not sure what THAT smells like, lol), but is this a new scent? Haven't seen it around.

Mommy, I hope you like the Indonesian Ginger. I love it, but the tart is PUNGENT and could be too much for some.

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm sending them out, too!

Hi, mommyluvsnoah! Cheryl's tarts smell great and she has fantastic customer service; however, her shipping can be high so e-mail her about flat rate shipping and then fill the box so you get the most for your money. She'll help out with that and will also give recommendations, if you want them. I've ordered several times and have been happy with every scent - a rarety, since you usually get SOMETHING you don't like. If she has a bag of her Blissful Fusion, you might want to get that too. It's a hodge-podge of scents at $3.50/lb. and though you don't know what the scents are, it's fun to use. Some ideas are:

Bamboo- Very green, very strong, love it!

Kumquat (sp.?) - strong, citrusy and "sparkly"

Emerald Sea - Deep, oceany floral almost, very clean

Melon Mist - FABULOUS!

Peach Blossom - unique floral-fruit smelling and strong

Tranquil Seas - another strong oceany type smell

Citrus & Teak - the guys like this one too. Citrus with woodsy undertones.

Gosh, I think I'm on overload! There are tons to try so just have fun!

Still melting Angie's Amish Harvest downstairs and Nene's Brown Sugar & Fig upstairs. I love this one! Anyway, to all those who are feeling under the weather, [smilie=th_moredrama] take it easy, gets lots of [smilie=th_welcome] and feel better soon!

Olive, how would you describe the iced tea twist? That sounds so yummy, (as a complete iced tea addict).

I am melting Buckeye's rose petals. (I know several of you nix the rose scents, but it is one of the few that seems to work in my office!) [smilie=th_welcome]

Debra - I'm not very good at descriptions but I'll try. The iced tea twist reminds me of hot (not iced) tea with lemon. I love to smell hot tea in the winter. I had this fragrance in the 3-1 shower stuff last summer and loved it.

By the way - I love rose scents. I haven't ordered from Buckeye in quite a while. I really like their Chestnuts & Brown Sugar.

Had to change scents downstairs. Amish Harvest just wasn't mixing well with the chili I'm making. I put in Citrus Cooler from Snowtop and I can already smell it upstairs! Very fresh, citrus smell. I'm really going to miss this company. [smilie=th_welcome]

mpfand, I'm jealous you still have some Citrus Cooler left! I went through the last of mine a few weeks ago and felt the same way you do. I still have LOTS of some of their other scents, though, but Citrus Cooler was my favorite. Maybe someone else will step in to fill the void....

Guest Anonymous
Melting YC Water Garden. Very light throw for a YC tart, fresh type scent that smells a little like my deoderant. Probably wouldn't buy this again. If I ever want to smell this scent, I'll just take a wiff of my pits.

OMG, I just spit my tea out all over my brand new laptop. [smilie=th_welcome]

Ewww- now I know to not ever buy Water Garden. [smilie=th_welcome]

Send2007- I only have 3 little cubes of Citrus Cooler left and then that's it for my Snowtop stash. That was my very first on-line company I ordered tarts from (and my 40 watt bulb burner) and I'm so bummed she's not around anymore. Citrus Cooler is the only scent I've ever had that actually gets rid of strong cooking odors like the ground beef with onion and garlic I just cooked for the chili. The Amish Harvest was also my absolute favorite Amish Harvest and I've tried lots from other companies.