The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest Anonymous

Ok so DH got home awhile ago and asked me what I was baking that smelled so good. He said he could smell the shortbread cookie as soon as he walked in. lol. So apparently it is just me.

Guest Anonymous

Hey I'm glad to see someone else likes Pine sol. Who do you buy yours from? Does it have lemon in it too?

uuuum I have Banana nut bread going in the living room, and Love spell upstairs. They both smell yummy!!

Karla

Guest Anonymous

Gramma Fran's Red Velvet Cake - good but not strong enough for me.

Mookie Doodles I'm Huckleberry - working well in guest bedroom.

L'Occitane candle, Cherry something...

Good night, all!

I'm burning PI's Almost Paradise for the first time. I'm not crazy about how it smells cold, but I like the hot throw better. Some candle are a little too strong for me and give me a headache. This might be one of them. If it is, I might mix it with their vanilla melt.

Finishing the day with Candledipper's Georgia Peach.

My husband wants to know if they make one that smells like garlic and onions sauteed in olive oil. He'd like a bunch! Maybe then he'd think these things are swell!

[smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Finishing tonight with some peace and quiet around here! Finally! Burning a Snow Angels and again with the Coffee Break(which I finally like-wierd).

Nighty Night,Sleep tight,Sweet dreams... [smilie=th_12E9EC16] :lol: [smilie=group_hug] [smilie=thzzz003]

I think I got them all...I am sooo funny! Okay, I finally went nuts! Snob, where are u I need an EMT????

Guest Anonymous

I thought it was the reverse (but maybe it's like near-sighted and far-sighed, I'm always confusing them [smilie=group_hug] I thought soy had a lower melt point, which is why it burns cooler and lasts longer.....I've had good luck with my 14 watt melters and I only use soy. I have a couple of paraffin or parasoy blends and they have melted as well (taken longer but melted and threw fine)...The only time I've had trouble with throw is if the tart itself just wasn't a thrower to begin with. I took the same clamshell pack from one vendor recently and tried them in everything from the 14 watt, to the 25-watt bulb, to the tealight and no throw at all. But they definitely melted......I seem to get similar results between my 14-watt and my 25-watt bulb......But I'm still 'testing' the whole thing out, trying to narrow down what works best for what I use. I don't want a different burner for every single vendor....

A preblended soy may have a lower melt point but from all of the research I have done 100% soy has a higher melt point.

It is frustrating to have to use different burners for each vendor. What I do is have a basket of tarts in every room and I only put the ones that work great with the burner in that room.

Guest Anonymous

I thought it was the reverse (but maybe it's like near-sighted and far-sighed, I'm always confusing them [smilie=group_hug] I thought soy had a lower melt point, which is why it burns cooler and lasts longer.....I've had good luck with my 14 watt melters and I only use soy. I have a couple of paraffin or parasoy blends and they have melted as well (taken longer but melted and threw fine)...The only time I've had trouble with throw is if the tart itself just wasn't a thrower to begin with. I took the same clamshell pack from one vendor recently and tried them in everything from the 14 watt, to the 25-watt bulb, to the tealight and no throw at all. But they definitely melted......I seem to get similar results between my 14-watt and my 25-watt bulb......But I'm still 'testing' the whole thing out, trying to narrow down what works best for what I use. I don't want a different burner for every single vendor....

A preblended soy may have a lower melt point but from all of the research I have done 100% soy has a higher melt point.

It is frustrating to have to use different burners for each vendor. What I do is have a basket of tarts in every room and I only put the ones that work great with the burner in that room.

That's a good idea, Jen. I'll probably end up doing something like that.

This AM, Cinnamon Buns from Gramma Fran. I'm sure I'll light up YC's Shortbread Cookie at work.

Have a great day!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, all! I am getting an early start this AM--finally have a day off--WOOHOO! I am sooooo looking forward to having a day at home playing with all of my Christmas gift candles. . .plus, all of the candle stuff that I just had to acquire from the after-the-holiday sales. Speaking of which. . .I, too, am in love with the YC Shortbread Cookie. I tried some tarts and votives, and, then made a beeline back to the YC store while they were having their semi-annual clearance and bought everything in the "Shortbread Cookie" that I could get my mitts on [smilie=group_hug] It just smells so delicious. . .in addition to the lavender, it also has some mint. It is very interesting how the smells all mingle together to make such a fabu scent. One of my all-time favorite YC scents is 'Christmas Wish', and, IMO, this is the same sort of mysterious and delicious combo of wonderful smells.

Guest Anonymous
I'm burning PI's Almost Paradise for the first time. I'm not crazy about how it smells cold, but I like the hot throw better. Some candle are a little too strong for me and give me a headache. This might be one of them. If it is, I might mix it with their vanilla melt.

I had a candle in Almost Paradise - the only one that I couldn't continue to burn. I liked it but it did give my son a headache. It was STRONG and definitely filled up the house...just a bit too much [smilie=group_hug]

Good Morning all--It's another very cold morning in the Ozarks. I really enjoyed my YC Shortbread cookie last night. I hope to pick up some more half price this morning at our local Hallmark. I have Beanpod Lemon Citrus soybeads on this morning--it is just beginning to waft up the stairs. I plan on adding CHC's Lemon Pucker in the upstairs bath later this morning. Well, everyone have a good day. [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Hey, Trep!! I live in SW Missouri, too!! I have been wondering about the lemon scents from Beanpod. I LOVE their Cinnamon Bun, Hot Apple Cider, Vanilla Coffee and Carrot Cake. I have been wondering about the Lemon Citrus or the Raspberry Lemonade. Any thoughts?? Don't you love the soybeads?! I have the Cinnamon Bun burning in my kitchen now. Stay warm on this icy morning [smilie=group_hug]

wildfire, I just picked up the Beanpod Soy Beads in Belgian Waffle and Whipped Cream (could not resist the display at a local gift shop!) I have not melted them yet, but I absolutely love the cold smell. I thought the Whipped Cream (lighter scent) would be a nice complement to the Belgian Waffles, yummy!!!

Today I am melting Tuscadero's Garden Mint (I think it is my 3rd melt). Her tarts really have staying power... [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Fleur!! Waffles and whipped cream--yummmmm!! That reminds me--I have two Beanpod votives in 'Hot Chocolate' that I haven't tried yet (cursing current work schedule [smilie=th_12E9EC16] )--the whipped cream scent would be nice to have to burn along with those! The chocolate scents can be iffy IMO, but, Beanpod has been awesome so far, and, the girls at the shop where I purchased were raving about the 'Hot Chocolate'. So you know what that meant--I had to grab a couple even though I was there for 'Hot Apple Cider'. I really wanted the soybeads, but, they have a chocolate scent--not the HOT chocolate scent (which I guess is fairly new). I'll be hoping to hear what you think of your two new scents [smilie=group_hug]

wildfire--where are you located in the Ozarks--I am In Bolivar, MO. The Lemon Citrus soybeads are the best lemon I have ever had--can't wait to get more. Also for those of you wondering about the Hot Chocolate, Chocolate and Whipped Cream soybeads--they are great. I usually mix the chocolate and whipped cream together for a really good smell. Their toasted hazelnut is wonderful also. Also the Raspberry Lemonade is my all time favorite--wonderful, longlasting throw. Try it--you'll like if for sure. Well, you all have a good day. Did have one disappointment this morning. My CHC Lemon Pucker didn't suit me at all--IMO smelled like rotten lemons so out it went. Nancy [smilie=group_hug]

Threw on a little Black Magic from Illuminescents this morning. It looks like a Missouri Convention on the board today. Howdy Neighbors!

Guest Anonymous
I've got Iced Tea Twist from B&BW in the oil warmer. I paid less than $2 for it last week.

I love that one. Burned it all summer.

Still melting Nene's Spiced Cranberry and Bizzy B's upstairs. YC shortbread cookie still downstairs but will dump it soon. Not sure what will put in there yet. Decision, decisions, decisions. [smilie=group_hug]

I had a candle in Almost Paradise - the only one that I couldn't continue to burn. I liked it but it did give my son a headache. It was STRONG and definitely filled up the house...just a bit too much [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Yea, it ended up being too strong and I went to bed with a headache. [smilie=group_hug] Tonight I'm going to try mixing it with their plain vanilla. I'm not crazy about the scent anyway, so maybe this will help for both!

Olive, how would you describe the iced tea twist? That sounds so yummy, (as a complete iced tea addict).

I am melting Buckeye's rose petals. (I know several of you nix the rose scents, but it is one of the few that seems to work in my office!) [smilie=group_hug]

Good morning all!

Received my first order from Can-Do candles yesterday, and quickly plopped the Cup A Chai Tea in my melter. Subtle, but very, very nice! Took awhile for it to actually melt which surprised me, my tealight burner usually liquefies fast. Are these paraffin?? [smilie=group_hug] Probably should have known that before ordering, huh? It lasted about 4 hours then pooped out. And wouldn't you know, I ordered Warm Vanilla Sugar from Can-Do. TWO of them. This order was placed before I tossed out the Nene's Warm Vanilla Sugar because there's a secret ingredient in that blend that gives me a headache. Oy.

In my office this morning is Nene's Butter Rum Cappucino. It's not such a strong coffee scent that it's offending me. I really like this one! I'm a coffee lover, but agree that normally the coffee melts are not my favorites!

Jewel