The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

tobereitired--I like their tarts very much. They come in a clamshell which I would rather they were single tarts-but were fairly easy to get out. I use two squares at a time. I have melted Lily of the Valley (wonderful) Pina Colada (super strong and exactly right) I did get somewhat of an overload on that one but that's not PI's fault. Peach was nice and a moderate throw as stated on the website. Papaya Passion is wonderful--I've never smelled anything quite like it. I ordered Hazelnut but could tell it would be too strong for me so gave it to a friend. Hyacinth was a nice fairly moderate throw. I still have Honeysuckle, Plumeria, Summer Bouquet and Lilac to try but they smell good cold. Summer Bouquet may be too perfumey for me but won't know until I try it. These are good quality melts, attractively packaged. She also offers a free candle for 3 referrals to friends and you may request samples ( which come in tealights) of scents you'd like to try. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

CHC's cinnamon rolls [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I have used PI's clamshells too. I like the Victorian Christmas and Sugared Spruce. The cold smell of Herb Garden is nice, I have not melted that one yet...

Time to change!

I am burning White Barn mango spearmint oil in the MBR, and Soybean Scent-sation's hot buttered rum out in the living room. It has drifted all the way upstairs, reminds me of lifesavers!

Guest Anonymous

Debra-I really like soybean scentsations...They all seem to be dead on scents..Also,did you know you can use their wax for hand treatment just like a salon?? [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Guest Anonymous
CHC's cinnamon rolls [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I have used PI's clamshells too. I like the Victorian Christmas and Sugared Spruce. The cold smell of Herb Garden is nice, I have not melted that one yet...

fleur - I have the Herb Garden candle and it's heavenly!

Guest Anonymous

I put an Autumn Lodge (YC dup I guess) tart on early this morning and it's late afternoon and it's still permeating the entire house - in my 14-watt melter. I got this one from Celestial Soy by Heather - a company that was not going to be a reorder but I may have to take a second look! I had another of these and I don't recall it lasting this long but maybe I changed it out too fast, or used it in a different melter and got different results. Anyway, love it!

Guest Anonymous

The coconut spumoni was good but there was something about it. . . Not sure what. I just got a new tealight tart burner and it is lovely, matches me kitchen perfectly but I think it is burning too hot. Sigh, I really wish I liked some of the Yankee tealight burners out now.

Guest Anonymous

Oops. . . meant to add that I am now melting CHC Red Velvet cake and it is nice.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Deb..Let the wax cool a little (don't burn your hands),put it on your hands and either let it dry or you can put special gloves over like they do in a salon...I personally just let it dry then peel off...My hands are sooo soft and it has been below zero in Chi... If we are talking about the same company,they specifically tell you which one's are skin safe...HTH.. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

That sounds wonderful! Who'd have expected arthritic thumb pain at this young age! Soft hands and heat treatment for the joints - sounds like I made a good purchase! [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Scent - a question - did the scent burn off fairly quickly for you? I use tealights and I sometimes think that it torches the softer tarts. This only lasted about 3 hours.

Guest Anonymous

Chocolate Covered Cherries oil from A Scent Lover's Dream - very strong, little bit of chocolate, lotta cherry

Apple Bourbon from Sheba's Secrets - this is nice. Apple w/ a bite. Moderate throw

HoT Fruit Lewps - very nice, 2nd time melting it & I usually don't go thru 2nd melts. Still with good staying power, very true.

Guest Anonymous

I have in lime vanilla down stairs, and pine sol in the bathroom up stairs.

I know pine sol sounds weird, but it is soooooo clean, and smell just like a clean bathroom.

Karla

Guest Anonymous

Tonight I pulled out one of my last tarts-Love Spell from Pacific Scents. Lite cold throw, lite hot throw-glad it came in a opps bag...

That's funny karla - I really do have pine sol in the bathroom tonight. I would much rather melt it than scrub with it!

[smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Tonight is Contemporary Candles Meditating, and a Colonial Candle freebie, a red velvet cake tealight in the powder room.

Melting Nene's Amish Quilt for the evening. The whole family likes this scent, especially my 12 year old son. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Guest Anonymous

Let's see...

Whiff n Sniff Cinnamon Roll.... LOVE this one!

Pink Confetti Cake from Made Especially for you by Debbie....Love this one too!

Mookie Doodle Raspberry ZInger...LOVE this one too!

City Candles Tres Leche Cake... Smells good but really weak. I think it may have been an old tart though...

Guest Anonymous
LOL, Boogie.

Finishing up tonight with Mookie Doodle's Dreamsicle, then using her Pixie Dust (Pink Sugar) in my Yankee electric burner, to see if the Pixie Dust does better than the melts I've been putting in.

Also Cranberry Spice oil from A Scent Lover's and Orange Cranberry Spice from Angie's. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

What kind of yankee burner are you using?? I have one I got for Christmas and it doesn't melt any tart I put in it. I think the top is too far away from the flame.

Good Morning all--we are waking up to a thin glaze of ice on the walks and roads--glad I don't have to get out this morning. I meant to put YC Black Raspberry on but opened a Blackberry by mistake so put it on--I love this one so it was a good mistake. Everyone have a good day. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Guest Anonymous
LOL, Boogie.

Finishing up tonight with Mookie Doodle's Dreamsicle, then using her Pixie Dust (Pink Sugar) in my Yankee electric burner, to see if the Pixie Dust does better than the melts I've been putting in.

Also Cranberry Spice oil from A Scent Lover's and Orange Cranberry Spice from Angie's. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

What kind of yankee burner are you using?? I have one I got for Christmas and it doesn't melt any tart I put in it. I think the top is too far away from the flame.

I'm using one of their 14W electric burners. I thought it was a 12W, but I checked, and 14W is stamped on the bottom. It's very selective in what it melts. That Pixie Dust did OK, but still quite a bit of it didn't melt around the edges. *Heavy sigh*

This AM, Chunky Time from Chunky Butts, Home Baked Bread from Nene's (fabulous!).

Have a great day all!

I love Nene's home baked bread! That would warm it up around here-that's for sure! IT"S COLD!!!!

I decided I needed something not so "in your face" so I put on Bella from Bella's-I really like this one. It's nice and soft-but definitely there in a big way!