The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest tammye

Today I am melting several different scents from Nene's. I just reached in and pulled a few out so it is potluck today.

Melting Nene's Apple Pie. This is a very powerful little tart.

Boogie- I love Sage & Citrus also. If you like that then you may also like Lavendar Sage. I tried it in a YC tart and it was very nice.

I am also a big autumn wreath fan! Got a few more yesterday at the YC sale.

Today is BW blue spruce oil (I was afraid it would be Christmasy - but it is not) downstairs and the left over Hocus Pocus melting from PartyLite that I could not let go of last fall because I liked it so much. I am trying to eek out the last bit of scent in it.

Candlefan, are you using a tart or a candle? I tried the candle ths fall, a housewarmer jar, but did not get much scent throw. I loved the scent, but just not able to get the throw I like. I did get a good throw from the Fall Harvest housewarmer. I recently repurchased that scent in both a candle and some tarts.

Cyngreen, I was using the tart. I had a large Housewarmer jar in the fall and actually was quite pleased with the throw. I also dectected more of an "apple-ly" scent in the big candle. Sure, the tart throws a bit stronger, but I thought the candle did well (for a Yankee, lol). I like Harvest too. Only tried the tart, though. There was one called Fall Festival which I loved in the tart and it was STRONG. I rushed out and bought the big candle and could barely smell it. Still thinking maybe I got a dud. Maybe you got a dud "Autumn Wreath"?

Looks like I need a lesson on using quotes up there! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Guest Anonymous

Hello ladies. I've been away for a while. It's been a very busy week at work. Hope all is well. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I am melting my YC Sparkling Pine tarts and Nene's Lavendar Cream. The two go really well together. [smilie=snoopy]

We got snow in Alabama which hasn't happened since 1993! Guess that's why I felt like melting some pine stuff. Reminded me of Christmas. [smilie=th_oops_]

Well, guys I really did it today. Went to the mall--hit White Barn Candle first and got some more of the $5 specials--three of the Passionfruit and Guava and one Honeysuckle Nectar

and some $1 lotions to give as gifts--then on to Yankee where I got a bunch of tarts 6 for $5, three small jars for $7, three more for $10, a new spring tartburner as I don't have a 12 watt one for anything but fall and some more regular priced tarts that I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $25. By the time I got done I had spent $62 with a savings of $64 so I did OK. Most of this is for my own use but also a bunch is for Easter gifts this spring. I also bought two sets of 4 tarts for $1 at the Dollar Tree. I had the candle in one of the scents--Cranberry Citrus this fall and it was nice. The other set was White Gardenia--will let you know how they do. At a quarter a piece I can't do too badly. I have YC's Macintosh and Peach going for tonight. Well, that has been my day. See you all tomorrow!!

Got my first order from Sugar & Spice yesterday. Not sure how I feel about clamshells. The soy was so soft that it was a pain in the patoot to even get the chunkage separated to pop two out to melt...however, if the scents and longevity are worth it, I'll learn to deal. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

First up last night was the Peach Cobbler. I smelled NO cobbler, only peach. It was a nice peach, but I was hoping for more of a baking scent. Nice throw and longevity however!

This morning I popped in Wildberry Zinger Tea, and WOW! I totally love this one and will definitely reorder!

Jewel

Came home to LOL Sleigh Ride...

Update: Cannot take that smell tonight-looking for something a little Baked(thanks to Scent Snob [smilie=th_23_32_7] )! No orange, but I do have Vanilla Crunch! Aaaaah that's better!

Guest Anonymous

Cat,I can't stop laughing because thanks to our back and forth I just popped in LOL's creamsicle bundt cake..WHY oh WHY did she decide to discontinue this scent?? [smilie=th_23_32_7] WWWAAAAAAAAA

Trep, sounds like you made out like a bandit at Yankee! I just got an email today from them saying they've marked down their clearance stuff even more as the sale ends Monday. It was all I could do not to throw on some jeans and head to the mall! But I didn't. I've been under the weather all day at home in my sweats where I shall remain for the rest of the evening. Everyone have a good night.

Oh, I've had my Frosted Pumpkin candle burning all day. Thinking about either putting on a tart or burning my Biscotti Woodwick or maybe both!

Candlefan-

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well! I wonder what a Chicken Noodle Soup tart would smell like? Eeeewwww... [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Put something nice and soothing on and get some rest.

Guest Anonymous

Feel better soon, Candlefan! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

And maybe I did get a dud Autumn Wreath...gotta try it again, thanks to you, LOL!

Guest Anonymous

Finished painting today so popped in a Nene's Lavender Cream to celebrate my new Lavendar scrapbook room.

I'm burning delish from Momma's Soy Tart Mart, but it's starting to get a little weak (I've burned it a couple of times already), so I'll finish it up tonight and try out something else tomorrow after church.

I hope you feel better soon, Jason! Oh, and I'm a wax nut now, too. Woohoo! [smilie=th_23_32_7]