The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

I know I'm always melting something from YC, but I have grounded myself from trying any other brands until I deplete my YC stash. So today it is Berry Jam. I was a little worried about this one because Trep mentioned she didn't get any throw from it, but it's doing great in my bedroom in my electric melter. Maybe it just needs a smaller space? Also, I always have better luck with the electric. Any way, love the scent!

Guest Anonymous

Now melting YC Juicy Orange. Not getting much of a throw but might need to warm up a bit more. Also melting LOL cannellini Ricci which is described as a "spicy Jordan Almond". It is wonderful.

candlefan--I tried the Berry Jam again this week and had much better results. I either got a dud or my nose was out of it. Ha! I was quite pleased with it the second time around and will be buying it again.

This evening I am trying out Angie's sugar cookie--it hasn't even got half melted and I can already smell it alot. I think it is going to have a little more of a caramelly smell than I really like but it is definitely a good thrower and nice tart.

Everyone have a nice evenng.

Tonight I have Berry Minty or Minty Berry(can't remember which) from Sheba's Secrets. Too strong on the berry and had to shut it off.

Had a sample from LOL on earlier, apple cinnamon. This did great at first, but gave out quickly.

DH put Slate and Stone on in the Living Room-this is a great masculine cologne dupe and actually complemented the apple cinn quite well.

Lavendar Cream still going upstairs,day two and still strong...

Tonight I'm trying out Angie's Crow Pie for the first time in the upstairs burner. Love it - another winner!

I'm also giving the new electric melter another go with Apple Torta from Crosscreek - I wanted to use a tried-and-true strong thrower this time. I'm getting better results than before, so maybe part of the earlier problem was the particular tart I was melting.

[smilie=th_happy096]

Guest Anonymous

Cherry Coke, Mookie Doodle Designs.

Monkey Farts, The Serene Dream Shop.

Have a good night all!

Just put in Angie's Spiced Cranberry for the evening. Nice scent. Angie's tarts seem to be improving with age. Now I feel like I wasted the ones I melted before they had a chance to cure. [smilie=th_happy096]

Guest Anonymous
Just put in Angie's Spiced Cranberry for the evening. Nice scent. Angie's tarts seem to be improving with age. Now I feel like I wasted the ones I melted before they had a chance to cure. [smilie=th_happy096]

That is one of the unfortunate downsides to soy (I'm assuming Angie is soy) - the curing, or at least not being sure when you get them if the are cured. And if they aren't, I hate the waiting for them [smilie=th_316785e4]

Guest Anonymous

Cat01: Good morning! New to this board; came over from QVC Candle Forum. The Lavender Cream that you mention....do you mind sharing which vendor this is from? I love that type of scent and am always on the lookout for a long-lasting and nice one! Thanks very much! Beth

Good Morning Beth and Welcome! That particular Lavendar Cream is from Nene's! My absolute favorite oil version of this comes from Bath and Body Works.

Another great Lavendar is Bella's Lavendar and Coconut Milk-it is very similar to the Lavendar Cream from Nene's(which I buy by the pound [smilie=th_316785e4] ).

This morning I have CHC Birthday Cake on-I am soooooo hungry! This one actually lasted overnight and I woke up to the smell wafting in my bedroom-now that is what I call a wake up call!!! [smilie=th_happy096]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning! [smilie=th_316785e4] I'm having a melter test today and burning Bella's Cinnamon and Sage in both my 14 watt and my 25-watt bulb burner....Started them at the same time (without the checkered flag ;) to see who wins! lol [smilie=th_happy096]

I haven't had any luck with Bella's but this one would have cured longer so we'll see if that was the problem. Plus, it was the only one I'm willing to kind of 'waste' as I'm down to nearly nothing in terms of tarts (nothing I love anyway) and am in between orders. I'm hoping it surprises me :)

YAY Boogie and Trep! A snow day! I'd love one of those right now. We just have fog. Lots of freezing fog. It is hard to wake up and get going...so I need a perky scent. Today will be Buckeye's Lemon Lime.

[smilie=th_happy096]

Still melting Angie's Spiced Cranberry. No snow here, but it's in the 20's, which is cold for Vegas.

Welcome, Beth. [smilie=th_happy096] I haven't tried Lavendar Cream from Nene's yet, but I can vouch for Bella's Lavendar Coconut Milk. She has free shipping right now with any purchase of $20 or more. I also really like Lavendar Vanilla from Pine Point Candles. If you mention CandleFind you will get 15% off your order.

Guest Anonymous

Dreamtarts blueberry cheesecake...Trying all the new vendors I forgot how much I LOVE this company...This is my second day with this one...YUM!