The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest Anonymous

I do know what you mean - I also find some scents WAY stronger than others from her and agree on the HOliday Wassail (the Mulberry is pretty killer strong too)....

Try Tuscadero's.....I think if I could only order from one company ever again, it would be there - with 800 scents to choose from it sure wouldn't be hard to settle for! [smilie=th_blij51]

ETA re: CHC - I only compare CHC's tarts to other soy only tarts and in my personal experience, she tops those even given some of the lighter scents (soy historically does not throw as well as paraffin will in a tart, I've been told).....So by those standards I still love CHC for soy. The other companies have slightly different formulations which creates different results - (i.e. Nene's is a parasoy blend, Tuscadero's adds beeswax, some are of course paraffin only.) And with soy it does need to cure so I usually ask soy vendors now if anything needs to sit before I melt it (if they are poured fresh they need to do that or they won't be strong).....

Still melting Cashmere Scarf from Bella's. Very nice scent, light throw.

I also ordered the 10 pack sampler when I placed my first order with CHC and had mixed results. I thought the Cinnamon Vanilla would be wonderful, but it had almost no throw. I also thought the Butter Rum Spice & Cranberry Cumble had almost no throw. I did like Cedar & Saffron, but it didn't last very long. My favorites that had a great throw and lasted a long time were Caramel Nut Cluster and Twigs and Berries, but I decided to pass on this sale and instead take advantage of Bella's sale. Maybe next time...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks mom and mp. I have decided to pass on Bellas and CHC sales and use my little spending money to place a small order w/Tuscadero's instead. Just ordered the 16 tarts and got Baton Rouge (had to since I am from there), Cactus and Sea Salt, Fireside (Elton John dupe) and Winterberry. Will see how they do in both my tealight and electric burners.

Still not getting a throw from CHC butter rum spice. May dump it soon. On the other hand the Nene's Vanilla Vodoo is still doing well on its second day.

Guest Anonymous

Mommy - I ordered Baton Rouge too (not from there but the scent sounded right up my alley) and Winterberry has been one of my favorites from there this season - had it going this morning [smilie=th_blij51]

BTW, I had NO luck with Bella's - Nothing threw well that I ordered and I thought I had made some pretty typically strong scent selections......Oh, and Nene's so far has seemed pretty strong and long-lasting to me too!

Tonight I'm melting Bear Claws again (see my post in the tart burner thread in The Melting Pot as to why...) I also plan to try Brown Sugar Pecan from Angie's - I got my order today from her BOGO sale. Everything smells great - can't wait to try them all. I got a 16 oz jar candle in her Best Friends scent which smells just like summer to me! She's definitely in my top 3 along with Crosscreek and K's...

momuvtwo - did the Bella's tarts seem to burn off their scent really fast for you? Mine smelled great and filled the house on the first melt, but the throw really tapered off with the second round of tealights...

candlefan - YC's Vanilla Cupcake is one of my faves too. Have you tried Crosscreek's Birthday Cake? It's very similar with a huge throw (at least in my house LOL).

Guest Anonymous

I ended up giving up on the CHC tarts and changed my downstairs to HOT Teaberry Gum. Been melting them for the last couple of hours and this one makes me smile. Reminds me of my childhood and the countless packs of that gum I chewed. Great throw and staying power also. Nene's Vanilla Vodoo still holding its own upstairs.

Guest Anonymous

mjclkc - Regarding Bella's, if I got a scent it definitely burned off very fast. But of the few tarts I ordered I only got a scent at all from one of them I still have sage/cinnamon left to try - it's my last one. I may pop that in tomorrow and see what happens. It might surprise me because it's not a strong cold scent, maybe it's better hot.

Oh, and K's is in my top faves too [smilie=th_blij51]

Guest Anonymous

Mom, I was thinking for some reason that you had posted a review regarding K's that you didn't like them because you couldn't smell them in the room you were in. Am I confused? Thinking of somone else or some other vendor? Of course I could have possibly dreamed it too? LOL

Guest Anonymous

Can Do's Black Cherry (very strong)

Pure Indulgent's Marshmallow Cappuccino (what was I thinking?)

I have been having a heck of a day with melting! I started the day with Refreshing in the MBR and Breathe Deeply in the dining room. Lavendar Cream in the upstairs powder room.

Breathe left me feeling like I needed to clean-it smelled like Pledge! Out it went-next up Antique Linen and Lace in the melter with a Lavendar Mint candle to complement. Could not get more than a waft every now and again. So I rummaged in the basket and came up with Bamboo Cabin-it smells good now, but am wondering how long it will last.

I guess I am just being very picky tonight!

On a high note-just put the girls to bed and could smell that wonderful Lavendar Cream in both of their bedrooms(which are at opposite ends of the floor) :lol:

Now its time for me to relax![smilie=th_blij51]

I am ending the day with another "mystery melt" from Victoria. A tan heart...very strong cinnamon smell, so it could be one of several baking scents!

Guest Anonymous

Fruit Loops from Can-Do Candles. Wonderful & true!

I hope you ladies have a great day!

Guest Anonymous
Mom, I was thinking for some reason that you had posted a review regarding K's that you didn't like them because you couldn't smell them in the room you were in. Am I confused? Thinking of somone else or some other vendor? Of course I could have possibly dreamed it too? LOL

Mommy - No dream, I did say exactly that - regarding the candles though. Her tarts don't do that for some reason. I've gotten some light tarts now and then from K's (but that's happened from everyone) but for the most part her tarts work out consistently well for me. She's got fabulous service and ships fast. She's on the higher end of tart prices for individuals and I do wish she would package them a little differently....So, while she did make my 'top faves' list, she is admittedly last - but, she's there [smilie=th_happy096]

In an effort to save tarts I have a candle of hers going right now - Mrs. Claus's cookies. When I work in the mornings I don't need a strong scent throw since it's just on my desk and I mostly enjoy the ambiance of the candlelight and a waft of scent now and then. For that purpose this candle is perfect [smilie=th_316785e4]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Mom. Glad to know I wasn't totally losing it. And also glad to hear her tarts are good because she has some scents I would like to try. Will put her on my list.

Still burning HOT Teaberry Gum this morning. I haven't heard much about this vendor on this board but I have been pretty happy with my first order from her. Also threw a mini tart in my bathroom from LOL. Darned thing had virtually no cold smell but now that it is melted it is filling my bathroom and foyer with this delicious spicy aroma. These little mini tarts from Allison sure do pack a punch.

I am melting Chestnut Hill's Spiced Tea. This is the 3rd time I have melted this one and it is still going. I probably melted this for 2-3 hours each time. This scent is really nice, orange and sweet spices.

Does anyone else find the spice scents seem to throw the best and last the longest? I really like the spice type fall scents. They have always performed well for me. Of course, my son usually turns them off as he does not like the spice ones as much. He is a bakery kid...

Have a good day everyone. [smilie=th_happy096]

Good Morning, everyone. [smilie=th_happy096] Melting Angie's Cozy Home downstairs and Amish Quilt in the loft. Her melts seem to be doing better this week than when I first got them. Maybe they just needed to cure. Don't know yet if I'd re-order because I still have a few others on my list to try before I decide on my top 3, including Crosscreek. Do they ever have sales? That's what I've kind of been waiting for. I e-mailed Donna from CanDO yesterday and she said my order will ship today. I ordered on Jan. 7, but she said she was swamped during her sale. Also have orders from Nene's and Bella's on the way! [smilie=th_316785e4]

I started a CHC Blueberry Muffin tart. This scent has a nice throw. It is in a small room, but I get a whiff when walking by... I will have to try this in a bigger space to see if the throw is the same.

fleur, I love the spice and fall scents too! Amish Harvest, Spiced Pumpkin (or any of the pumpkin variations) and Harvest (YC and dupes) are all great...and Crosscreek's Autumn Spice is to die for...knock your socks off strong. Your son would probably hate it LOL.

This morning before work I melted Angie's Brown Sugar Pecan again - this was the second round for this tart. I absolutely love it. Not too sweet - fans of Chestnuts & Brown Sugar would like this one. The throw was unbelievable - I melted it upstairs and it permeated the whole house right down through the basement. Right after I started melting it my daughter came downstairs to ask what it was - she loved it too.

ETA - mpfand, Crosscreek does have sales from time to time. She hasn't had one in a while so she'lll probably have another soon.

Guest Anonymous

mp, glad you asked about Crosscreek because I too was wondering if she ever had sales. Been holding off ordering until she has a special.

I'm on my 11th hour of Nene's Lemon Squares! I started it yesterday afternoon in my office, blew it out and let it harden at 3pm, and fired it up again this morning at 6:30. It's a large tart, so it's putting out some fragrance. YUM! I have four more large LS tarts and a 1lb bag 'o Krumbles. This is one of my favorite scents!

Jewel