The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest Anonymous

It's been a mixed tart day for me so far: Started with Tuscadero's Vanilla Bean Noel - it was good...Switched to Hazlenut Espresso from Sugar and Spice (which I raved about on my initial order and tart samples) - no throw :( I may not have let it go long enough but I figured by the time it came out it should have done something....nada. Then I switched to Nene's Winter Morning - again, nothing. Added a cube of S&S white pine since they were similar scents - nothing....Grrrr. Finally chucked them all and put Cottage Hill's Mulberr in which I KNEW I could count on. Ahhhh....the STRONG throw I was looking for today!

Upstairs I had a Nene's Satin Sheets going which really is a nice scent, and strong - wafting out of my bedroom, down the hallway and downstairs!

Melting YC Ocean Water in the powder room and Angie's Amish Quilt in the kitchen and loft. Trying to resist the temptation to order from LOL since I'm patiently waiting for my orders from CanDo and Nene's. They're definitely on my to-try-next list, though!

I was gone all day and came home to find my order from Angie's was here and that CHC order has shipped. I am sharing with friends so had to bag and label 72 Angie tarts. We'll see what my friends and I think of them and let you all know. I am too tired to try anything new tonite but will start in the morning. Have a nice evening all.

Heidi--enjoy those roses. If you haven't already noticed there are some Rose of Morocco and some Bridgewater roses in there too. Enjoy!! Nancy

I came home to Christmas all over again. I had 3 tart shipments waiting for me. I am burning a candle this evening. It is Cranberry Vanilla Whipped Cream Clouds from Sheba's Secrets.

Smells wonderful cold, not sure how this will burn.

Guest Anonymous
I came home to Christmas all over again. I had 3 tart shipments waiting for me. I am burning a candle this evening. It is Cranberry Vanilla Whipped Cream Clouds from Sheba's Secrets.

Smells wonderful cold, not sure how this will burn.

Let me know what you think of that candle, Cat. I have some melts from her, and I've only melted one. I liked it, but needed 3 cubes to get the throw I wanted (Bump & Grind was the scent).

I am interested, too Cat...what a great name for a candle! I have her Orange marshmellow waiting to burn, trying the blackberry vanilla melts first. They have been a moderate throw, using 1 cube.

Guest Anonymous

Hmm....Well, I put on Nene's Vanilla Grapefruit this afternoon - it's been on for an hour and it's very strong. But my kids were practically in tears BEGGING me to put it out! Seems my son hates anything with grapefruit and even my 6-year-old told me it was SO ICKY.....I actually kind of liked it but I can see that it's an 'acquired' taste.....

Guest Anonymous

Well in my vanilla competiton today the Nene was the clear winner with more depth to the scent and greater throw despite being in the lesser warmer. Also still melting LOL Winter Wonderland.

Well Guys and Dolls-

I had to haul out the candle shade! I haven't had to use one of those in ages, and it took a bit to locate. I forgot that this is a paraffin candle. I generally use soy or blends.

Not detecting a throw at all yet [smilie=th_blij51] ! Patience is a virtue!

Thanks for the tip on the melts-I ordered 3 clamshells also, so I will throw 2 in at a time!

I was gone all day and came home to find my order from Angie's was here and that CHC order has shipped. I am sharing with friends so had to bag and label 72 Angie tarts. We'll see what my friends and I think of them and let you all know. I am too tired to try anything new tonite but will start in the morning. Have a nice evening all.

Heide--enjoy those roses. If you haven't already noticed there are some Rose of Morocco and some Bridgewater roses in there too. Enjoy!! Nancy

I'm burning a fresh cut roses right now, and it smells so nice. Dh even likes it (especially since it doesn't smell like food ~ he hates my bakery scents). I'll try a rose of morocco tomorrow. Thanks again, Nancy! These tarts will definitely get put to use since I have 4 tart burners in my house. [smilie=th_blij51]

Guest Anonymous

Chocolate Amaretto - Starring Fragrances

Jasmine Vanilla - Mookie Doodle Designs

Blueberry something - Can-Do

Have a good night all!

Just put in Bella's Cashmere Scarf for the evening. I have to see if I like it before I place my order tomorrow!

Hi all. I'm doing a Vanilla Cupcake tart from YC tonight. Not real strong, but putting out a wonderful, if a bit light scent.

UPDATE: As time goes on, I realize how much of the house this tart has permeated. It has a very good throw, it's just that it's a more subtle scent. I like this one!

Guest Anonymous

Started out melting Tuscadero's Winterberry in my office this morning - I had taken it out of a previous melt and kept it in a baggie and it was still really strong....

Just put Log Cabin in my kitchen/great room - This didn't do so well in my 14-watt melter so I'm hoping it needed the 25-watt.....I love putting something on and then taking the kids to school, to come back home to the house scented!

Guest tammye

Melting Black Raspberry Vanilla from Spotted Hog and I can tell this is definite reorder scent.

Guest Anonymous

MElting CHC butter rum spice downstairs and CHC Cedar and Saffron upstairs in an atttempt to see if I want to order any more today during the free shipping. I have had mixed results with my first CHC order and not sure if I want more or would rather wait and try out Crosscreek.

Guest Anonymous
MElting CHC butter rum spice downstairs and CHC Cedar and Saffron upstairs in an atttempt to see if I want to order any more today during the free shipping. I have had mixed results with my first CHC order and not sure if I want more or would rather wait and try out Crosscreek.

Mommy - Just curious, what have been your results/experience with CHC?

Guest Anonymous

Mommy - Just curious, what have been your results/experience with CHC?

I only ordered the 10 tart sampler when I ordered. The Holiday Wassail was outstanding in scent, throw, and staying power. The butter Rum spice is a great scent but I am not getting the throw that I am getting from some of the other companies. Same with the Cranberry Crumble. The Cedar and Saffron is really nice and I am enjoying that one. The Rosemary Mint had great throw and staying power but I didn't find the scent as authentic and the Nene's Rosemary Mint, which is almost dead on Aveda. So it has been a mixed bag so to say. Still have Red Velvet Cake, Lime Basil, Lovespell and Mulberry to melt. I woud probably order from her again in the future to give it another chance but money is short this month and since I still have not tried Tuscadero's or Crosscreek, thinking I might hold off on a CHC order despite the free shipping. KWIM?