The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Burning YC Gourmet Vanilla in the office, Dreamtarts Exotic Teak in the Bedroom. (Smells alot like the Gain fragrances to me.)

Mom - thanks for the description. I may have to try it - I love unusual names. I am awaiting my 1st LOL order, sent yesterday. And, I know what you mean about the tea light burners. I always try the others but ultimately come back to these.

Guest Anonymous

Hello ladies! :)) Wish we had some smileys on this board.

Today I am melting Pikaki from Dreamtarts. It is one of my favorites from her along with the Plumeria. I think I am going to try some of the Tuberose. I need to restock my stash from her.

Have a good one!

Just put a new 24w combo melter in my master bath upstairs. I am melting Nene's Baby's Room. It is wafting down the hallway. It brings back memories of little ones... mine are now teenagers!

Guest Anonymous

Well, my LOL Ginger Fig did a little better in the tea light burner but still only has a moderate throw. Ended up moving it to a smaller room (it was in my main living area which is very open w/.9 foot ceilings throughout and hard to scent well) and I must admit that I keep finding excuses to walk by and smell it. It is a lovely scent that I am hard pressed to describe. Ginger, fig, maybe a tad pear and something that makes it almost effervescent. Shaking my head because not sure how to put this one in words because it is lovely. In my main area I threw a CHC Indonesian Cinnamon in my 25 bulb burner. This has a nice strong throw and a good cinnamon aroma. The mini tart upstairs still going strong.

Debra, I think you wil enjoy your LOL order. I have enjoyed every one I have tried so far though admitedly that has only been five so far. But that is a good sign.

Guest Anonymous

Smellycat..Just received my new Dreamtarts order...YIPPEE...Today I am still melting Tyler's Christmas tradition( like these alot)..Next up,Dreamtarts Blueberries & cream

Guest Anonymous

I've been trying to resist the urge to change scents too often, so I put Tuscadero's Sweet Snow in my 12-watt (excuse me, I now know it's a 14-watt :) melter and it's been going pretty well from about 10:30 this morning until 5:00 p.m. I think I'm going through scents too fast and I tend to switch them out without the scent being REALLY gone (I read about some of you melting tarts 2 days and I've NEVER been able to do that)....So it's a good think I like it since I've vowed to live with it all day! It's got a pretty strong vanilla base so it's kinda tasty too!

Boogie, if you like baby powder and baby lotion, you will like Nene's Baby's Room. The throw was really good. In fact, I turned the melter off hours ago and can still smell the scent upstairs!

Guest Anonymous

I've been going through some duds in my recently found stash. Finally settled on a candle from Extreme Candles, Ocean Breeze. A strong, clean scent. Too bad, though...looks like they've gone out of business.

My daughter's melting High Tide from Candle-licious upstairs.

Have a great evening all -

Cynthia

I have been also cleaning out my stash - and I found a couple samples that I was sent that simply say "sample" - no company or scent. I have not idea how long I have had them. : (

I have one going right now that is a very odd combination of ?amber and floral. I am curious to see what the other will be like.

Good Morning, all. I'm trying another new Yankee tart this morning--Sweet Violet. I have my doubts I'll like it but after the girl at the store said if I didn't just let the tart harden and bring it in for a refund or exchange I figured I have nothing to lose. I knew you could return candles for any reason but I never thought you could return a used tart! Anyway, I'm giving it a whirl. Have a good day everyone.

It is 4 hrs later and I've dumped the Sweet Violet--in all fairness it was OK but my son said it was burning his nose so out it went. I have replaced it with YC Lily of the Valley. Nice, as always.

Melting Whiff and Sniff's "Piece O' Pie". This is delicious. I want to take a bite out of it. Whiff and Sniff has a few scents that I can't resist... they make me hungry though... LOL

Melting Cinnamon and Cloves from Scentsy. Anxiously awaiting my orders from Angie's & Bella's!

Black Cherry from Dreamtarts. Cherry is hit or miss with me as sometimes it gets a little to Amaretto-ish. This one does not, it is a good one!

debra--I was interested in your assessment of the black cherry from Dreamtarts--I love cherry but so many of them are either too strong or they smell like burnt cough syrup (ex--YC's new Black cherry)--How would your rate the strength of the one you are burning? Thanks for the info.

Guest Anonymous

Debra- I LOVE Black Cherry from Dreamtarts..I have ordered that scent from almost everyone and none compare so far...Ok I decided to save the blueberry and I am melting Dreamtarts better than sex cake...So good!! On a side note,I put in another big order with LOL( the only other reorder I have had thus far)..Have a GREAT day! Melissa

I have changed tarts to an unknown, unlabeled, tan and heart shaped tart... and if has very little scent! I wonder what it is, lol!

Trep - the black cherry I have is a sample, but was being melted on a plug-in wall melter with a bulb,(have you seen those? Not the flat plate kind,) and it filled the large bathroom. It reminds me of cherries in pies opposed to cough syrup or to the amaretto cherry which makes me gaggy! I would order it again.