The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Guest Anonymous

Morning y'all. Back from a long trip home and happy to be melting my tarts again. Came home to an order from Country Chunkie Candles so melting Mulberry right now. Not getting much of a scent throw. I broke my beloved burner and replaced it w/ a 24 W bulb burner. Not sure if this is the cause for lack of scent throw or if it is the melt. May go melt another upstairs from same company and see how it does in a tea light burner.

I am currently melting Winterberry Wreath... just looked at some of the effusion lamps online. Found them for $20-that is cheap...

Guest Anonymous

Mommy - I'd be hoping to hear it's the melt.....I have my first bulb burner on the way and I hope I'm not disappointed in it ;)

Cat - What's an effusion lamp? What do you burn/melt in it? Ugh - Not that I need to know......

Mom-

Take a look on the Q board, Griselda posted the whole history of the Lamp. If you ever go to Hallmark you'll see them-they kind of resemble a perfume bottle. They use an alcohol based oil, with a wick that has a stone on top-you light the stone for a minute or two, and then blow it out. The heat from the stone disperses the oil, which travels up the cotton wick. It is also supposed to purify the air.

Pretty interesting, but also pretty expensive.

Guest Anonymous

Well, I've had FITS this morning over tarts - and burners....Up until about 15 minutes ago it has NOT been a good melt day >;)

My Dew Drops Country Bumpkin - nada. No scent. First in the 12-watt burner, then put some in the tea light - no scent, smoked like crazy. Finally put it in the 20 watt melter. Still nada. So, I finally decided it was obviously the scent (went through all 6 cubes of this clamshell to find this out)......Put in my K's Kreations Snow Angels (in the 12-watt) and ahhhh - THAT's more like it! ;)

Cat - Thanks for that explanation - I'll skip it. Definitely do NOT need something new. I've barely jumped from candles to tarts as it is and am still trying to figure those out before I go broke doing it! lol

Guest Anonymous

I wasn't having much luck this morning either. Never did get much of a throw from the Chunkie Mulberry so decided to thow a YC Mulberry in another burner. Nothing. No scent whatsoever. So dumped them both. Put another Chunkie upstairs- cowgirls undies- and this one is throwing better. Not a huge throw but it is filling my guest room and wafting a bit into the hallway. Just put a LOL Winter Solstice in my 24 W burner to see if the burner works better on a different tart.

I'm ready for my afternoon switch out of scents. I am trying YC's Creme Brulee--I want to like that scent but I think it is too caramelly for me. It's putting out a whale of a scent throw considering it isn't even half melted yet and I am clear upstairs from it. I always want to like these type of scents but don't. Oh well, will have to try something else as I am feeling slightly sick. I am trying to finish up some cubes of Warm Impressions Watermelon Citreon. I have it in the upstairs bath. It is very similar to the retired YC Sweet Melon which is a tad too sweet for me. I like my melon scents to have more tartness to them. Well, guess I better see what else I can put on before the whole house is permeated with the Brulee. Happy evening to all.

oops!!--didn't act in time--the whole house IS full of this smell. My son just came in and said what he thought of it and it wasn't good--said it smelled like rotten food of some kind. I stuck in a YC Granny Smith and they are strong so I should have some relief soon--also have the windows and fans going and since it is only in the mid-30's it's going to be chilly for awhile. Oh well, should have known better.

Guest Anonymous

Good news. THe LOL tart is just barely melted and is throwing out a great throw. So the 24 W burner was not at fault but merely the CHunkie Mulberry tart. The Chunkie tart upstairs is still doing nicely so thinking the Mulberry is just a dud. BTW, this is my first LOL tart and so far it is wonderful.

Guest Anonymous

Mommy,I am LOVING the LOL tarts so far..Did you get the tarts on steroids as samples..Joking!!They are HUGE!!

I have been home for the afternoon so I have been melting like a mad woman. I have Woodland

Cabin from Angel Scented Candles in the living room, Home Sweet Home from Buckeye in the master bath, Black Pearl oil from ScentSation in the bedroom. All have moderate throw so I don't have to worry about them clashing with each other.

Good Morning everyone--I have started the day out with Papaya Passion from Pure Integrity. I purchased it from recommendations on this site and am very pleased. It is a very different fruity scent--strong and good. I love it when I strike gold first thing in the morning. Later this morning I will put a new YC fragrance Beach Walk in the upstairs bath and see how that goes. It seems to be a nice scent but very light cold so we'll see. You all have a good day.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, all! I've gotten some of my orders in from my 'try new places' whirlwind ordering spree the last couple of weeks....Last night I melted Winterberry from Tuscadero's - which is quickly becoming a tie with Cottage Hill in my top favorite melt companies! It was a perfect scent (if you like the minty/fresh scents) and it was appropriately strong and did well in my 12-watt burner - scented my whole great room and up the stairs a bit, which I haven't been able to get most of my new tarts to do lately.....was still going just fine when I put it out for the night.

This morning I'm melting Cinnamon Stix that I got in an order from a totally random ebay seller (just sort of closed my eyes and picked one just for fun to see if I couldn't stumble upon somet hidden tart gems on ebay ;) Anyway, it's TJ's Sweet Tarts. So far the scent is nice and strong - just started it and I'm already tasting the red hot cinnamon candy. I did think it might be more the bark cinnamon by the title but I like the red-hot ones too and this one is actually perfect. I practically stole these for the price I paid in an auction so I'm not sure what the regular re-order prices are. I have a bazillion other tarts to get through before I re-order from anyone though ;)

Guest Anonymous

This morning I am still melting LOL Winter Solstice and Chunkie Cowgirl's undies. Not sure what I will pop in when these die out but leaning towards trying another LOL tart and my CHC Indonesian Cinnamon. BTW, the Winter Solstice will defininetly be a reorder for me. Here is the description

Wonderful woodsy fragrance, blended with tangy fruits, pines and a warm smoky scent. It smells like a winter's night in the country. Perfect holiday scent!

It really is a great winter scent.

Hi again, everyone. Just an update on my new YC Beach Walk tart. Amazingly this is much strong than I expected--a very clean sea breeze type scent. It's about the only fresh scent I have truly enjoyed. It's perfect for a bedroom or bath or anywhere really. Well, it's about noon so better get cracking. Later.

Melting Country Grove from what used to be Snowtop. Very strong and long lasting. My order from Angie's is going out today. Can't wait to get it. Haven't heard anything about my order from Bella's and I placed it several days ago. Everyone is happily melting Bella's tarts so I'm anxious to get mine. I will definitely have to check out YC Beach Walk. I have a nautical themed powder room and "Beach Walk" just sounds like it would compliment a room with sail boats and lighthouses. :) Does anyone else choose scents based on how a room is decorated?

Hi mpfand -

I don't necessarily coordinate scents to a decor, but sometimes I do coordinate candle containers. My powder room has a seashore/nautical theme too and I like to put smaller candles (or big ones from YC that have a tiny throw LOL) in there that have labels that coordinate.

When we visited the Outer Banks last summer I bought a candle in Lemonade scent from a local company called Corolla Candles. It's white so it goes with my blue & white color scheme and has a great picture of a lighthouse on the label. (Loved the candle, too, BTW.) l think Beach Walk would be perfect for your bathroom, even if you just used the tarts. :)

Last night I melted Crosscreek's Apple Torta...bakery season has arrived...tonight I think I'll melt Amish Quilt and Caramelized Bananas from Crosscreek, and Bear Claws from Brown Bag. Hopefully these will blend well together.

Guest Anonymous

Hi mpfand--I think you will be very pleased with the YC Beach Walk--my whole family just loved it. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond--I think it may be one of those scents that the Yankee Stores themselves don't carry. At any rate--it really makes you think of the beach but not with the usual suntan lotion scents. (I love Beanpod's Beach Walk also but it is nothing like Yankee's.)

I do burn scents to match my decor. In the early fall I always have an apple theme, tart warmer and all and I burn lots of apple scents then.

That's good to know that Beach Walk is a more authentic "beach" scent rather than a suntan lotion scent. That's one reason I tend to not try those type of fragrances; most of them do smell like suntan lotion, which I don't like at all. We have a Bed, Bath & Beyond that just opened near us so I think I'll print out a 20% coupon and go buy some Beach Walk tarts. My mom gave me a lighthouse bulb burner for Christmas so I'll have the whole nautical/beach theme going on. :)