The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

December 2008 Contest: Scramble for Christmas

This is our contest game for the month of December. Please see the post under Monthly Forum Contests for more details. It includes details of this month's prize package.

How to play:

* Each day I will post a list of 10 scents, except they will all be scrambled! Unscramble the letters to figure out the scent AND add the name of a vendor that carries the scent.

* You may post directly behind yourself, but only one guess per post. If your post contains more than one guess, only the first one will count.

* At the end of each day, I will list the correct answers. The FIRST person that guessed the correct scent name will get the entry credit. There will be 10 chances each day, meaning a chance for 10 entries each day. (Note: Although I will not have a specific vendor in mind for each scent, you must list both the unscrambled scent name and a vendor who carries the scent in order to get the credit.)

* Remember - the correct answers won't be posted until the end of the day. If you see a guess for a scent name already posted, but you think the scent name might be something else, go ahead and post your guess.

* At the end of the contest, the entries will be tallied and the winner will then be selected using Random.org.

* Remember, to be eligible, you must be actively participating in other games within the Game Room. The minimum requirement is one non-contest game during the month. It's easy to do! You can play to win even if you have won one of these contests before!

* Contest ends December 12, 2008 at midnight CST.

Example of how this game will be played (only 5 words listed for illustration purposes):

DAY 1 Puzzle

1 OMNLDA

2 AOLE

3 EDCRA

4 RMABE

5 PAEPL

Poster 1:

# 5 - Apple (Scent It)

Poster 2:

# 2 - Aloe (House of Soy)

Poster 2:

# 4 - Amber (Humble Glory)

Poster 1:

# 1 - Almond (Cheryl's Candles)

Poster 3:

# 3 - Cedar (House of Soy)

CORRECT ANSWERS:

1. Almond

2. Aloe

3. Cedar

4. Amber

5. Apple

ENTRIES FOR DAY 1:

Poster 1 - 2

Poster 2 - 2

Poster 3 - 1

Good luck and have fun!

Day 1 Puzzle

1 eptdrotoeglrnea (3 words)

2 opelonpgagaatmn (3 words)

3 eeaaetrnagedewstrgoamnnpo (4 words)

4 tawlmoeanmclosahamlnrtni (3 words)

5 tatusnsignch (2 words)

6 pdorlataicloca (2 words)

7 iggwnlperasinhe (2 words)

8 glofoewiogrnodwd (2 words)

9 srrfobadseapiid (3 words)

10 jbenulbrrceyriae (2 words)

Answers for Day 1:

1 golden pear torte

2 apple mango tango

3 sweet pomegranate and orange

4 marshmallow cinnamon latte

5 tuscan nights

6 tropical colada

7 whispering angel

8 flowering dogwood

9 birds of paradise

10 cranberry jubilee

Stardustgirl - 10 entries [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Rule change: For the remainder of days, you may not post back to back. Meaning one person must have posted a guess before you can post another. I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to play!

I'll post the Day 2 puzzle a little later today to account for different time zones.

Good luck!

OK - time for the Day 2 Puzzle.

If there are some unscrambled scents towards the end of the day, I will post hints.

Good luck!

DAY 2 PUZZLE:

1 friegiynlusqlr

2 chnieoaapedcgaprtenmaedmang

3 belatoernsegrat

4 derrlvaamognelsens

5 etdcnfaseyacdrno

6 htmtidoiyndgd

7 dotmhihrlesaefohyo

8 ratiugttrgmnipintcsefu

9 tuprnccmlatyuenh

10 cearbmlruencraalomge

Guest stardustgirl

I'm guessing your post doesn't count as a post in the contest sense, right?

'Cos... well.... I think I unscrambled them all [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Too funny, Stardustgirl!!! No, my post doesn't count. I am TERRIBLE at these things, so they all seem tough to me!

Just keep your list on stand-by. Hopefully someone else will give it a go! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Guest stardustgirl

LOL! Thanks Cyn.... if no one else ever posts, do I post them later tonight? Or just not use them?

Word jumbles are something I'm good at (on the other hand, I cannot do Sudoku to save my life), but I will say you did a good job on scrambling these. #1 was the hardest for me.

We'll not use those if no one else posts. But tomorrow will be a new day with a new set of 10!

I can word search and do crossword puzzles all day. Word scrambles make my brain short circuit! [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]