The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

Guest stardustgirl

Good afternoon! I've been putting books back in a bookcase and decoupaging a box and just generally "puttering" today.

CHC - Brownies Au Caramel in the kitchen (nice throw! yummy!)

CHC - Maple Sugar (light, but mixes well with the brownies in the next room)

EW - Candied Yams (cinnamony YUM!), along with my Warm Glow / Sweet Liberty Pumpkin Spice candle.

[smilie=th_m4t3zo4] I hope y'all are having a great Saturday. It is a lovely day here in TN.

I have Mint Kisses going in my warmers today from a hobby creater. It smells like peppermint and chocolate. I am thinkin pretty much the NY Peppermint Pattie candy gave her this idea.

Tarthound

Hello!

This afternoon's melts are Gingerberry Wreath (a wonderful Christmas citrus sort of scent) and Apple Dumplings. Both are from Carol. I also had a Northern Pine Warm Glow candle burning but everything is getting turned off because we're getting ready to go out. Our local government is hosting a Christmas lights spectacular. You drive though a mile long trail in an ecology park and look at the beautiful lights. We can't wait! After that we're going out for pizza.

I got my first Holiday card of the season...and it's from a candle store! [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Tonight's scents are:

HoT - Pretty Autumn Leaves

EW - Mulberry

Hi all-

Got back from the tree farm and DH is currently putting lights up the middle(thanks for that tip Jules)-complaining, "Owwww!" every few seconds.

MM-there is always a reason why things happen and my DD's gift was no exception. I found the one she really wanted today for the same price. So-it worked out great in the end. I do most of my shopping online and it is also the case with the BF stuff. No way I am going to fight people and act crazy to save money. I am flabbergasted that people would have so little regard for another human being-all in the name of saving a few dollars. So even though I did get up at the crack of dawn to shop-it was in front of the computer.

Currently melting-Fireplace Cozy Cottage and Witchita Blue Juniper LOL.

Kim, Your avatar looks like a Santa I saw out in front of a pawn shop last year. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] Love it.

It reminds me of a song called "Christmas in Jail" by The Bobs if you're interested. [smilie=th_pullhair]

Cat, That light trick may have come from Martha Stewart. It seems like one of hers. I did that to my tree again this year too. Ouch is right!

Jules, Santa is no other than Dan Ackroyd in Trading Places. One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. This evening I am melting EW-Coffee W/ Santa and Carol's( CFTKR) sugared spruce. Cat, I agree with you about doing most shopping on-line. So far, all of mine has been OL. I can't stand the thought of people acting like idiots in the stores to save a few bucks. Besides, I think on-line shops are more unique and personal. Before I started this forum, the only candles I bought, were Yankee, and sometimes craft show candles, soaps etc. I feel there is such a nice selections of products from some very nice vendors. I hope y'all have a good evening. I made some vegetable soup today for my DS that goes back to school tomorrow. Also, some Ghiradelli brownies , yummy.

Melting Frosted Pumpkin from EW! Very good! Also Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from Just Tart's. This one is very good too! I'll move on to coffee with santa in a bit!

YC tea and honey is on its second tealight. I've also added YC cinnamon and YC feliz navidad. It's a gloomy, rainy day here, so I have also lit a bunch of candles. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

[smilie=th_pullhair] [smilie=th_aa20] I remember Trading Places. I didn't recognize Dan Ackroyd. All I could think of was the movie "Bad Santa". Anyway, I'm digging your new avatar. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] Now, pass the brownies. :lol:

I've had a headache most of the day, so no melting until now. I just put on LOL's Family Gatherings. I can't wait to see how it does melting, on cold sniff it is very complex. It's one of those scents that I can't decide if I like or not....yet I keep wanting to sniff it.

Jules, no worries, I didn't get Granted Peace. Even if I did, it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't like it. Sorry it didn't work for you!

This evening I'm melting YC Buttercream and in another melter it's Cinnamon Buns from Candles by Kathy.Have a nice evening.

Guest Anonymous

Love everyone's Christmas avatars!

Changed to HOT's honey gingerbread. Delish - sooooooo good!!

Finally back from Mother in laws and burning a candle from Kathy Ireland Iced Oatmeal cookies. I think tomorrow I will start melting my Christmas scents while decorating, of course after getting my mountain of laundry done. I can't believe I have that much we were only gone for 4 days. I love all the seasonal scents everyone is melting.

Switched to Christmas Cravings by Missy's TT and this one is some combo!! So many different scents in one...great!

Katz- Love that Dan Aykroyd avatar- I was cracking up when I saw that! Love that movie! :)

Switched to Christmas Cravings by Missy's TT and this one is some combo!! So many different scents in one...great!

Katz- Love that Dan Aykroyd avatar- I was cracking up when I saw that! Love that movie! :)

I'm melting christmas cravings, too. It smells wonderful!