The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

I suggested starting the Christmas decorations and smells and DH crossed his eyes and said something about bypassing it all and setting out Easter stuff so we are ahead of the game. Guess I will wait a little! [smilie=th_c032]

[smilie=th_lmao-1] Nice try DH. Debra, I hope you kick that cold so you can smell all the holiday splendor soon.

Good evening!

It sounds like you're having a blast Jason! I completed all of the decorating early this afternoon. We are all lit up.

I just turned on Carol's Butter Rum Crunch and my Warm Glow is melting. My 4 hearth candles from Warm Glow arrived early this afternoon. They aren't in their "spots" yet because we spent the afternoon at Costco and Best Buy. DH decided that he had to look at the Garmins today...today of all days. It wasn't terribly crowded. The line moved quickly. DD was the only one to leave with anything...a $5 Disney Princess computer game which we just finished playing.

I am starting my Christmas scents melting today with Victoria's Amaretto Eggnog. Really delicious smelling eggnog. I did my Christmas shopping (melts) at Candles by Victoria so all my Christmas scents will be hers. Christmas is the only season that I honor with special scents. [smilie=th_lmao-1]

Howdy all! It sure is a cool evening here in TN tonight. I have Pumpkn Log by CCCC melting. I wish I could smell it, but with this sinus infection...nada...the boys are enjoying it. You would think that I had HELPFUL children to start the Christmas decorating, BUT of course it was pulling teeth to even do the tree. I should have waited until I felt better, but tradition here though......what is a woman to do with 16,14,12 & 10 year old boys? I should have told them that Santa would not come if they didn't help decorate [smilie=th_lmao-1] !

Tarthound

Hey everyone, tonight I'm melting Carols Apple Pie. Yummo

Had a great dinner last night at my sisters house. We have everything down to a science, so its very smooth going usually. We left last night at 10 pm to hit the outlets, after that we got to Walmart at 3:15, it opened at 5am, then we went to Kmart, Target, then Toys r us. We got home about 10am, and I slept till 5:15 pm. lol.

Don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight. This was probably my least productive black friday trip ever, I didn't get very much at all, but thats alright. I didn't have much of a prepared list. I'm kinda at an impass for everybody this year. Maybe I'll take a trip to the mall tomorrow night with Gina. Have a great night everyone!

Guest stardustgirl

Sillysmom - I'm exhausted just reading about your shopping schedule! You weren't at the Wal-Mart where they had the stampede, were you? That sounded awful!

I've got Spotted Hog Perfect Pumpkin Pie melting now, and it is! Yummy, pumpkin-y, a bit of spice - and crust! :oops:

Good Evening!

Only melt I changed out is Banana Wafer Pudding-CFTKR

Jason- I am not a big fan of the GF Cinn Raisin Bread-it was not floral,but was a very generic,blah, barely bakery scent. So I wouldn't rec.

I hope you had fun with all of the decorating.

Nancy-the sleet has been off and on throughout the day,but not sticking around on the ground-thank goodness. We did get some wet rain and so I am hoping it doesn't freeze before I have to leave at 3 a.m. for work.

Hope everyone has a brilliant evening and a great weekend.

Sillysmom - I'm exhausted just reading about your shopping schedule! You weren't at the Wal-Mart where they had the stampede, were you? That sounded awful!

I've got Spotted Hog Perfect Pumpkin Pie melting now, and it is! Yummy, pumpkin-y, a bit of spice - and crust! :oops:

Nope Stardust, I wasn't at that one. It's such a sad story, but thats how some of the people who go to Black Friday are like animals. That store is on the other side of long island more than 30 minutes away. You have to be so careful. I brought my daughter (13) for the first time, and I know how crazy people can be once those doors open, so at the last minute I made her sit inside the shopping cart. Theres so much pushing and shoving during that time, that that was the safest place for her.

After her first adventure into Black Fridayness, she has decided that she is not going next year.LOL

I was nearly physically sickened to hear about that stampede. The greed, selfishness and carelessness of some people for a few dollars savings cost a man his life.

Well, finally finished the decorating. Whew, I am so beat! I think I did a better job on the tree this year. In your face, last year me!

Oh, the house smells delightfully Christmassy too! I've got some candles going and for melts I have YC Sparkling Pine and LOL Boughs of Holly.

After that stampede story, I vow to never go out in public to shop on BF. That just breaks my heart! DH and I went to Wal-Mart last night just to check out a couple of items on sale, but we stayed clear of the stores today.

I'm lighting a blue for all who were hurt during Black Friday.

Blueberry muffins~ CHC

Blueberry blitz ~ Tyler

I also have a Jack Frost YC candle burning in my living room that looks so pretty in its holder!

Sometimes there is nothing like the flickering of a candle! :oops:

Good Morning [smilie=th_90edab00]

Catching up on the candlefind threads this morning. I am glad to hear that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a lovely couple of days with family. We ate too much but enjoyed every minute!

Once I get my self moving this morning, we will start decorating for Christmas. I have the boxes all lined up in the hallway, ready to go. We will be getting our tree next week (freshly cut at the farm).

I have CFTKR's Sugared Spruce melting this morning. Soon the Christmas music will be playing and the decorating will begin.

Have a great Saturday everyone! [smilie=th_bomb]

Good morning everyone. This morning while I am cleaning my house (yuk) I am melting LOL- Snowflake in my LR, HoT-Pink Pumpkin Pie in my FR, YC- Bamboo votive in my bath. I usually don't start decorating until the first weekend in Dec., so I'll concentrate on getting my fall decorations stored today. I hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

That was so horrible about the stampede at Walmart. My goodness....what is wrong with people acting in such a way. I will also light the blue today for that young man who lost his life.

I have coconut curry custard going from AMS. Still waiting on my EW order. I thought it would be here yesterday. Maybe today!

I was also horrified at the stampede story. How awful. I simply don't get it????

I did NOT go out shopping yesterday. I hate crowds. I enjoy more of a peaceful shopping experience....online shopping works just fine for me.

I'm having one of those mornings where I cannot decide what to melt or if I should just light up a candle......I'll update later on hopefully......

Good Morning Everyone!

Will be heading out this afternoon to do (hopefully) a lot of Christmas shopping. My college kids are home this weekend and i need their help in picking out some of their gifts!

Melting CHC Holiday Wassail, EW Holly Jolly Christmas and GHBT Nutcracker.

[smilie=th_90edab00]

Got my Sugar & Spice order yesterday and I'm burning Sunday Breakfast...very unique. I can smell the orange juice and some other fruits, very nice. I kept my BF experience at home on the computer too. I have never gone out to shop- everyone acts too crazy for me!

Cat-sorry to hear they were out of your daughters gift so soon! Some deals go so quickly. I had a very fast day at work, glad that part is over with!

Today I'm just melting my Warm Glow Evening Mocha before heading to work in an hour! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hello all! I just got back home from my parents' house a few minutes ago, and had to start melting right away. So far, it's carved pumpkin from evening eclipse. I'll get the other melters going in a little while. I need to fix lunch for everyone, and then unpack all of our suitcases. Fun, fun! It is good to be home, though.

I hope you're all having a great day!

Early afternoon melts are Tuscadero's black magic, YC tea and honey, YC shortbread cookie, and Can-Do's banana nut bread. Also CYS marshmallow wedding cake. [smilie=th_90edab00]

Guest Anonymous

Didn't listen to the news yesterday and this is the first I've heard about the Walmart stampede. Breaks my heart this would happen. So senseless..... [smilie=th_90edab00]

Melting LOL's gingerbread applesauce.

This afternoon it"s Lol- Buddah in my LR, and Hot-Pink Pumpkin Pie in my FR. Need to run to the store to pick up some things for the week. Have a great afternoon. Heidi, glad you are home safe and sound.

Trying to finish the 2 wick YC Spiced Pumpkin. My first one of their 2 wickers - odd how the flame disappears behind the label. I had to go turn it sideways, but then the 2nd flame is behind the first and you only see one... at least it is burning cleanly!

Melter is going with old inventory still: Hot (when they were Fritz) State Fair and a Mookie Violet Blossom that is very good - but not in stock at this time. I will be following up on that after the Holidays!

Hello everyone.

This morning I melted CYS

Autumn Song - Love this beautiful scent

Granted Peace - I recommended this to Lisa when I first got it and I put it on in two melters. It was so strong and I really didn't like it. So sorry, Lisa. I hope you like it more than I do. I feel bad for raving on it now, since I just dumped mine. [smilie=th_90edab00] Ugh. I have it in body lotion too. Maybe I just got too big of a dose with the two melters. gag.

My new melter from YC is not working out either. I got the sparkling mosaic and the wire bowl holder gets to hot to touch. It's akward to change the tealight out. I'm going to take it back next week when the weekend crouds thin out.

So, I do have my favorite holiday melters out from the storage boxes and it's like seeing some old friends. I'm melting Mookie Doodle Hearth & Home. It's lovely.

We got our tree today and it's all decorated.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Love all the new avatars too.