The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

MM-I know what you mean,except I am one of the wierdos on the other end of it that actually get up to shop that early! Hope the time goes by quickly so that you can go home and nap!

Cat-I'd be shopping if I wasn't working. I suppose this way my wallet is a little better off. Although I did place some decent orders for thanksgiving day sales and got a few of Carol's variety tarts. Just not the same shopping extravaganza my mom and I would go on. Good luck with your shopping tomorrow, I hope the stores have what you are wanting!

Hello All! Our guests have left and I'm exhausted. After 2 days of non-stop preparations and Christmas decorating I'm ready for a vacation. Unfortunatly, I have to clean the first floor tomorrow. No shopping for us tomorrow. I prefer to read about it in the papers. All of my shopping, except for stocking stuffers, will be done online this year. Actually, there is only 1 person I still need to shop for, DH. He's a tough one. He told me he wants a ski vacation. How the heck to I wrap that up???

I just turned on Carol's Sweet Potato Pie for the bedroom. Her Pumpkin Nutmeg Cake entertained our noses this afternoon and evening downstairs. I'm too pooped to light up my Warm Glow candle.

No...no streaking today. Even the turkey had dressing.

We had a great day. I hope you all did too. :)

Paradise Bay from CBV tonight.

Back home from my Thanksgiving outings today. I'm still full and brought home a ton of leftovers, so it will be Thanksgiving dinner for several more days. My aunt gave me a couple of candles today, too! One of them is from Party-Lite. Never tried that brand before. Can't wait to burn it. Anyway, I have put on Holiday Homecoming from CFTKR, which smells good, but smells just like Harvest. Also lit a YC Home for the Holidays candle that I had left from last year.

We have LOL's Pumpkin Cheesecake going. My brother worked for most of the day, so we got a later start. My Mom and him are still here. They are all playing Wii bowling. I'm too exhausted to move! Nite everyone. Hope you all had a great day. :)

Finally home! No melting yet - may just head to bed. [smilie=th_bb20]

Jason - curious about what you think...I have a whole cabinet of PartyLite - the older ones are good, decent throw. My newer ones are nice to look at...

Good morning! I have leftovers from last night melting...Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin Nutmeg Cake.

Good morning. I'm serving pumpkin pie for breakfast today. [smilie=th_bb20]

This morning's scents are

HoT - Holiday Party Hangover

HoT - Holly's Holiday Blend

YC - Holiday Sage

Good Morning!

This morning its tealight two for EW Creme Brulee.

Will start the Christmas scents later when I am starting to decorate. Need to do it this weekend while the kids are home for their break. Hate this job but always love the end result!

[smilie=th_bb20]

I love pumpkin pie for breakfast Jules!

I have a fruity thing going this morning. Our nice weather from yesterday is officially over(it is sleeting as I type), so I thought I could use some sweeter scents today.

Fresh Peach-Can Do

Pared Pears-Can Do

Drunk Apples-Everyday Whims

Banana Fluffer-CFTKR

and my one oddball-Cinnamon Raisin Bread-GF

BTW MM-very disappointing shopping this morning. Only grabbed one goody and they were out of the "big one" for my 4yo DD. So I will have to figure out something else on that one. Hope all you other shoppers had good luck today!

I'm not melting anything yet.....I'm waiting on my EW order, it should be here today and then it will be Coffee with Santa!! [smilie=th_bb20]

We passed on the mall shopping this year...just too worn out from Thanksgiving. Melting this morning are Tuscadero's berrie buttercream, YC pumpkin pie, and EW's Hansel and Gretel's House. [smilie=th_bb20]

HI all! Getting ready to start the decorating. I stayed up late last night putting up all the fall stuff, pulling out all of the Christmas stuff into a "staging area", and moved some furniture around to make way for the big tree. It's all ready for me to start! I have lit my new YC candles-Christmas Eve, Christmas Wreath and Holiday Sage. I also put on Christmas Fantasy from LOL. About to turn on some Christmas music and get started! Hope you all have a great day!

Oh Debra, ParyLite doesn't have very good reviews on CF, mixed at best. I think I will burn this candle in the bathroom. Will let you know what I think.

Cat, does your Cinnamon Raisin Bread from GF's smell good? I got one of those and thought it smelled like a floral, and not even a very good floral at that. Was thinking maybe the labels got mixed up or something.

I have LOL's Pumpkin Pie Filling melting. I took out my new YC Holly Wreath tealight melter. I love it, but I am not getting the same throw I do with my soapstone. [smilie=th_lmao-1] I will try a few more scents before I decide anything. I don't even know if they will let me return it.

I'm with you, Jason. Complete with the staging area this morning. In between sale shopping all over the wax world, I've managed to get everything out but not put where I want it yet.

We're getting the tree tomorrow. I'm just not ready for it yet. I've got to sort through last years lights. uug.

Lisa, you should have no problem returning the melter. YC is always good about that.

This afternoon's scents are:

HoT Honey Gingerbread

YC - White Chocolate Mint

YC - Holiday Sage

All I smell is Gingerbread.

Have a great afternoon.

Thanks Jules. I don't even know if I have the receipt anymore. I placed the order online, so maybe it will be OK.

I did figure out how to safely stack the tealight. I can't wait to see if I get a better throw, because I sure do love the melter. [smilie=th_lmao-1]

I've been on-line shopping most of the day, so finally I am melting LOL snowflakes in my LR. My oldest DS is home from Purdue, and diggin' on the feast leftovers we had yesterday. Everyone have a great evening.

Just finished getting out all the holiday decorations. Will decorate slowly over the weekend.

Melting some holiday scents-

CHC Holiday Wasail

EW Holly Jolly Christmas

GHBT Nutcracker

Hello!

I have Black Friday sale fatigue! And...I did not even leave the house. My poor computer probably feels the same way! [smilie=th_c032]

Today my nose is better, but not perfect so scents are still a little off. Trying Colours and Scents Carrot Cake for now. I suggested starting the Christmas decorations and smells and DH crossed his eyes and said something about bypassing it all and setting out Easter stuff so we are ahead of the game. Guess I will wait a little! [smilie=th_lmao-1]