The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

Good afternoon! I'm melting Carol's Autumn Cabin and Cinnamon Yum Yums. Is anyone doing anything exciting tonight? I just finished cooking tonight's chicken and now have to run out to the supermarket to get the corn that I need for a side dish.

I have a quick question...a little bit off topic but I know that there are some cooks on this board. For those of you that have a cast iron skillet, how do you maintain the seasoning?

Happy November everyone!

Today I am melting CH Fall Harvest again...still has lots of scent in it from yesterday. Also have a melter going with Dew Drop Fresh Baked Cookies.....yum.

Changing scents for this afternoon... been out most of the day... so it is time to start melting!

Can-Do's Bear Claws and Angel Food Cake. :)

LLVV... I had a cast iron skillet years ago... I think I seasoned it when I first got it (faint memory on this one... maybe I oiled it and put it in the oven to bake on)... I do remember that instead of drying it with a cloth... I would put it on the cook top and heat it up to dry it.

Today's melts are CFTKR Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts

from a generous CF buddy.

and FP - Cozy Fall Nights melt

YC - Frosted Pumpkin melt

Colonial - Cardamom pillar

Those are valuable Halloween life lessons, by the way. Did you know that the chemical inside glow sticks smells absolutely horrible and stains everything it touches? I do.

Jules........I feel for you and had a huge glow stick get all over the Blazer's seat and his clothes..who was the idiot that got a glow- in- the dark sword to match his Pirate costume?...me.....how stupid I was...LOL.

Wonderful scents you got there today.

I had Black Licorice in the warmers yesterday and then today, but it is about to peter out...choices, choices..what shall we melt next?

Tarthound

LLVV You never wash cast iron. Hottest water only to clean. If you have lost the season you can re season it in your oven at highest setting for about 4 hours. Grease it all down with crisco, turn the pan upside down and aluminum foil the bottom of your oven to catch the drips. Don't open the oven just turn it off and let cool. The house may get smoky and there are other ways to do this outside. I have my grandmothers HUGE chicken fryer and a pan I only use for cornbread. Yes., I live in Arkansas.

I am exhausted from this weeks events. School, work , Halloween carnival at church, football, then we had family over for chili after trick or treating. This involved cooking cleaning, football this am then early voting and I am pooped. My son asked to go to Blockbuster. I told him mommy had to relax first. But, all was wonderful last night. I melted boo nilla and purrchuli YC. Candles were Gold Canyon Apple caramel , 5 pillars the remains of a nutmeg and snickerdoodle, sugar cookie and cinnabon. All was perfect. Going now are left overs.

Nancy - I missed what happened to your dh, but I'm glad to hear he's ok.

This early evening, it's snake bite from evening eclipse. This is another great one!

It has been a beautiful day, and we just back from walking our crazy Otis, who just goes bezerk when we go to the walking path down the street. There is a huge pond full of geese and ducks, so he's in scent heaven. LOL!

Came into a major mess at home this afternoon. After the cleanup and replacement of the heating element on the hot water tank;I am melting Bayberry and Rocky Mountain Christmas-LOL.

Tonight I'm melting a YC Spa Relax pillar and a CHC strawberries and Champagne jar tonight as my melts were getting a bit overpowering and my BF is having a bunch of guys over for a game night. I figure my bedroom may as well still smell good. The living room can smell like beer and wings lol. Have a good night all!

Guest stardustgirl

Cat - urgh! I hate when something leaks. After the 2nd water heater mess we got a pan for ours. I'm convinced something else will leak in its place just for spite. [smilie=th_yourock]

Tarthound - I'm making a note to *never* sniff the stuff inside glow sticks. It sounds like a prank one of my guy friends would pull on me.

mmdolinar - beer and wings sound like man candles waiting to happen

I'm burning my CBV maple butter pumpkin frap candle, but it's getting ready to be extinguished for the evening. I've got CHC Huckleberry Delight melting and it's just starting to waft over here. I think that one is going on the re-order list. It's niiiice!

I've got Keona Best Friends in the bath - no scent at all melting, yet I could smell them cold.

Good evening!

Mmdolinar - Mmmm...wings! I love wings. DH hates wings so I never have anyone to share them with for an appetizer. How can anyone hate wings? I think eating wings is the only thing that his brother and I have in common. He makes the best wings! When we eat out together, we always share a plate.

Stardustgirl - I hate it when something smells great cold and then you get nothing when it's hot.

My last melt is Carol's Toffee Pecan Pie. The first time that I melted this one I got very little scent but I melted it in a much larger area. Tonight I can smell it in the bedroom and it smells fantastic.

Guest Doe

Hi everyone, not melting anything today. Wanted to let everyone who was asking know that my brother passed away today, 17 days after my mom.

I know he is in a better place and not in pain anymore but my heart is just breaking.

Doe, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for all that you and your family are going through right now. Take care of yourself; my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hazelnut Cappuccino from Harvest Glow in the kitchen/DR and Blackberry Amber from Bella's in the MB.

I had Hazelnut Cappuccino going late last night (or early this morning, LOL). This was a coffee scent I liked - not too overpowering. What did you think, Mpfand?

Sorry it took me so long to reply; just got home from work. I liked this scent, but couldn't really detect the hazelnut part. It was nice, though, and smelled just like fresh brewed coffee.

Doe, I am so sorry for your family and you. My heart goes out to you all during this sad time. You are right, he's in a better place right now. Hugs to you Doe!

Guest Anonymous

Doe, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved brother. You and your family are in my prayers for strength, comfort and peace. ((hugs)) to you...... :lol:

Earlier I melted EW Hansel & Gretels House.....I think I am the only one here who does not care for this scent. I had to turn off the melter after an hour or so....it just wasn't for me.

Now I have Dew Drop Scents Celtic Moonspice going and it's just great.......love this scent from any vendor.

Home from work and melting Vanilla Creme from Scentsy; a nice break from the seasonal, spicy scents I've been melting.