The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Eggnog scent

Now that the holiday season is coming... I have started to crave some holiday scents. Does anyone have a favorite place to purchase eggnog scented melts?

Yankee's was pretty good. Carol's is also pretty good. I really haven't found one that hits the nail on the head in terms of scent authenticity.

Yankee's was pretty good. Carol's is also pretty good. I really haven't found one that hits the nail on the head in terms of scent authenticity.

Yes... me too... I am looking for a creamy scent... the ones that I have tried had more spice in them (tried LOL's eggnog cream puffs, GHBT... not what I was looking for in either of those).

I did like Nene's version last year... will have to stock up on those when she brings back her holiday scents.

Guest stardustgirl

My favorite is Amaretto Nog from Aromatique. It's very creamy, not spicy, with a smooth amaretto note (sort of a bar amaretto mellowness vs. a Amaretto Di Saronno sharpness for those who know the difference... if not... your local bar would be happy to help you out ).

:lol:

My favorite is Amaretto Nog from Aromatique. It's very creamy, not spicy, with a smooth amaretto note (sort of a bar amaretto mellowness vs. a Amaretto Di Saronno sharpness for those who know the difference... if not... your local bar would be happy to help you out ).

:shock:

I am a fan of Amaretto Disaronno... one of my favorite after dinner treats! I do not think I have had any other brand... so regular amaretto is smoother... I will have to check it out sometime!

Thanks for the Aromatique tip too!

edit.. had to edit for spelling of Disaronno... can't believe I spelled it wrong... my favorite! (pulled it out of my cabinet to check!!)

Guest stardustgirl

Fleur - excellent taste!

Comparing DiSaronno to a cheaper bar brand is like a fresh Coca-Cola in a cold glass bottle vs a day old flat store brand soda in a plastic cup. It's really noticeable. I prefer DiSaronno and can only deal with bar amaretto if it's going into a cup of coffee.

I tried CBV's Amaretto Nog, and it has the sharp note of DiSaronno. It's not spicy, but I loved the rich creaminess of the Aromatique, so didn't switch brands on that one. You may like CBV if you like that DiSaronno note. She's nailed it well on the Amaretto part.

I'm melting Kreations by Kathy - Grandma's Eggnog right now. It's really nice. I'm enjoying it and would reorder it.

But it's spicy and not exactly eggnog like I'm used to drinking. It's more of a creamy vanilla with nutmeg and perhaps ginger.

Still looking for that eggnog straight-from-the-jug scent.

Fleur - excellent taste!

Comparing DiSaronno to a cheaper bar brand is like a fresh Coca-Cola in a cold glass bottle vs a day old flat store brand soda in a plastic cup. It's really noticeable. I prefer DiSaronno and can only deal with bar amaretto if it's going into a cup of coffee.

I tried CBV's Amaretto Nog, and it has the sharp note of DiSaronno. It's not spicy, but I loved the rich creaminess of the Aromatique, so didn't switch brands on that one. You may like CBV if you like that DiSaronno note. She's nailed it well on the Amaretto part.

thanks stardustgirl... I think for the melts I would like a mellow amaretto... but for my taste buds... there is nothing like Disaronno!

Thanks everyone for the great reviews of the different eggnog scents!

Guest Anonymous

Fleur - I like eggnog, too. Always one I order from a new vendor. I agree, last year Nene's had a really good one! Went to order more in January & it was gone. :shock: I tried Get Whipped's eggnog in B&B and really like it, so want to try her eggnog melts, too.

Fleur - I like eggnog, too. Always one I order from a new vendor. I agree, last year Nene's had a really good one! Went to order more in January & it was gone. :shock: I tried Get Whipped's eggnog in B&B and really like it, so want to try her eggnog melts, too.

I loved Get Whipped's Eggnog too! It starts out kind of sharp and then ends up nice and creamy with just a hint of nutmeg. I have a blend of eggong and cupcakes or cake (can't remember) in her clamshell, and that also starts out sharp to my nose, but after a few minutes is wonderful.

Guest Anonymous

Lisa - I'm glad to hear you've tried them. She has a limited edition of an eggnog/pumpkin right now, like to try that one, too!

Lisa - I'm glad to hear you've tried them. She has a limited edition of an eggnog/pumpkin right now, like to try that one, too!

Hmmm, I have that one here in a sniffie somewhere. I have to try it again, but I think it was too spicy for me (in B&B at least).

Fleur - excellent taste!

:lol:

I couldn't agree more. I asked DH to buy some Amaretto Di Saronno one day when he was going to the liquor store to buy wine. He came back with some no name amaretto because it was cheaper. I took one sip and the whole bottle when down the drain. It tasted like jet fuel. A month later he bought the real deal and understood why I dumped the other one down the drain.

A while back I tried Crosscreek's Amaretto Nog. It was very good but not really a true egg nog scent.

Guest Anonymous

Just checked Nene's this afternoon and she now has eggnog. Last year she had a really good one. Just sayin...... [smilie=th_1286B215]

Guest Anonymous

CYS had a great Marshmallow eggnog. I have a few left from last year. I have not looked to see if she still has them. I love them sweet and not too spicey.