The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

A Great Big Texas HELLO!

Hi Gang! I just posted an inquiry in the forum and decided after the fact that I had better introduce myself. :)

I'm a fifth generation native Texas, born and raised in Arlington (between Dallas and Ft. Worth), I have a great hubby, a handsome son, a beautiful daughter, five WONDERFUL grandchildren (4 boys, 1 girl), and I LOVE candles!!!!!!!! I have soooo many candles and tarts that my grandchildren are always teasing me and telling me I could open my own candle shop. My hubby is very tolerant of my addiction and likes the smell of candles almost as much as I do. We just returned from a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and of course, I had to look for candles. I didn't find any there, but we stopped in Van, Texas on our way home and bought bunches of scent shots and a couple of jar candles at Candles by Victoria (who, by the way, is a really nice gal with lots of good smelliies). So I did get my candle fix. :)

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and finally decided to jump in with both feet. I recently had a bad experience with Texas Scentsations and it really helped to find the thread for that company in the Venting Room and know that I'm not alone in this and there might be a light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully, it's not a train!!!!). :lol:

I'm really excited about being a part of this community and hope that I can contribute as well as benefit from all the information I've found here. You seem to be a wonderful group of gals!

Guest Anonymous

Hello Bluemoon and welcome. I'm looking forward to learning from your experiences too.

Here's a big ten gallon welcome to you. My family and I were all over Texas over the summer. We went from Houston, Austin, to the Hill Country, my heart belongs to Luckenbach, TX. and then on up through Van and Tyler too. Great state. I hear the BBQ is really good up by you.

If I ever move again, it'll be to Texas. My two brothers live in Austin, not to mention lots of candle makers in Texas.. :)

:)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks to all of you for the hearty welcome! I'm really enjoying hearing from you and I'm learning lots of good things from the forum.

Juletones: I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas. We have a little bit of everything from the plains in the Panhandle, the Davis Mountains, pine forests, beaches, mesas, sand dunes, strange light displays in Marfa out in west Texas. caverns, even Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo,you name, we've got it! BUT, I have to say that hubby and I have seen some beautiful places in Arkansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Washington State, Utah, just to name a few. It seems that every state has some bragging rights and well earned too. I do agree that we have the best barbeque and Tex-Mex around! Thanks for your good words about our great state and if you ever decide to move here, we'll welcome you with open arms! I can't remember who said this quote, but it goes like this: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could". LOL

Guest tammye

Welcome BlueMoon from a fellow Texan. Born and raised here. I am sure you will love it here.

Welcome BlueMoon. I love Texas too. My husband lived in Tyler for a while. it's so pretty there. This is where I spend any free time I have. There is lots of info on new companies and sales, all kinds of stuff.

Guest stardustgirl

:P

Welcome, BlueMoon!

I envy you your trip to Van and a visit at CBV. I like her candles and would loooove to see the shop. Then again, maybe it's best (for my pockets) that I don't. I live about an hour away from the Warm Glow outlet store. That's bad enough, LOL!!

The last time I was in Texas was driving through on Route 66 - good times!

Welcome BlueMoon! Living in OKC, I have been to Arlington numerous times to go to Six Flags, and Dallas is kind of my second home. I'm surprised you didn't find any good candles in Eureka. They used to have lots of candles in the various shops around there. Anyway, glad you are here!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and it's great to hear your thoughts and memories about Texas. We're all closer than you think. Oklahoma City is practically a next door neighbor to the metroplex area. Tyler is wonderful....I was living there when my son was born (a long time ago). And you're right about living near Van and spending money on candles. Unfortunately for me, my cousin and aunt live in Van and my brother lives in Athens about 30 miles from there so it's just a given that when I go visit, I HAVE to go Victoria's and buy candles!!!! I know, life's unfair like that...but what's a girl to do????? LOL By the way, my daughter and two of my grandchildren live here, but my son and three grandsons live in Enumclaw, Washington and it's beautiful up there....just wish it was closer. [smilie=th_goodnight] Thanks again for making room for another candle addict!

Welcome Blue Moon. Glad you found us -- you will have fun here. I live up in Boston, Mass. but went on a trip to Branson, Mo and Eureka Springs Arkansas last year and really loved seeing the Ozarks and the gorgeous fall foliage in all the "hollers." Look forward to reading your postings.

Patsy

:lol: