The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Greetings from the Garden State!

Guest Anonymous

Hello to all!

I've been lurking for a bit and thought it was time to come out of hiding. :lol:

I grew up in a home in which a scented candle was always burning in the kitchen. My mom hopped on the candle bandwagon in the 70's and never got off it. (Now that she is older and in poor health, we have discouraged her use of them, out of fear that she might accidentally set the house on fire. :cry: )

I never stopped loving candles, either, but my husband is not a fan of them, except at Christmas time; I never thought it was worth pushing the issue, especially since I can't work due to health problems and therefore can't help provide the funds with which to buy them. (They really should be free to good homes! :roll:)

But I've missed them for so long, and this time of year always makes me nostalgic for a lovely-looking and -smelling candle in my own kitchen. Plus, our 19-year-old son loves to burn candles in his room... yes, he is a strange boy!... so I figure the majority should rule!

... and Himself just agreed to let SB and me buy some fall- and holiday-scented candles!!

:lol:

I am interested in soy candles... containers or votives... I'll post a request for advice in another thread.

I won't be able to buy much or often, but I'll surely enjoy what I get and look forward to sharing the rekindling of my old passion with all of you!

Guest tammye

Welcome Pat and I am glad you decided to join us. I have boys that love scents also. They grew up always having candles and tarts going so they also have them. One of my sons lives on his own and when he comes here he raids my candles. The younger lives here and has a tart melter in his room. I look at it at least their rooms don't smell bad that way.

Welcome Patt. Half the fun of scenting is what everyone else is melting. I limit myself to a certain amount each month and with the sales thread i usually have enough to last me through the entire month. Watch for when a vendor has Buy One Get One sale. I love those.

Guest stardustgirl

Welcome!

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

You'll find lots of sources here - and don't forget to check the freebies and contests threads. It's a good way for those of us with limited funds to try out new vendors.

Most of my guy pals burn candles... your son has lots of company!

Guest Anonymous

:D PatNJ! Glad you've joined us - you'll have fun here! Awww....your poor mom - no smellies??!! :shock: Perhaps you can introduce her to an electric melter, no flames w/that and she can still enjoy lots of great scents again. :P

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

I'm in Central NJ, Maggie Mae... how about you?

Thanks, Dabba and MsMeghann, for suggesting tart melting as a (potentially!) more affordable option for me. I love the beauty of a flickering flame, but after I read your posts, it occurred to me that I could melt tarts when I'm at the computer, where I'm too far away to enjoy a candle burning in the kitchen, anyway!

Tammye, I appreciate your letting me know about your own boys and their love of candles--and thank you, too, stardustgirl, for mentioning your guy friends. I was really worried about my poor son! He's such a typical guy in so many other respects that I just didn't know what to make of his passion for candles. But thanks to you both, I'll stop worrying about him and happily let him join me in ganging up on DH!! :P

Thanks, twinsmom and stardustgirl, for your money-saving tips. It's good to know that I'm not alone in having to watch my pennies.

An electric tart melter is a great idea for Mom, sweet&spiceygrl! She'll be in heaven having her beautiful scents to enjoy again! :cry:

Guest Anonymous

Hi Pat. I'm a penny pincher and have found timing to be the secret of getting what you want. Welcome!

Guest Anonymous

A huge thanks to all of you who have added your kind words of welcome to the others! [smilie=th_baaaaa]