The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

hartshorn4130, do you have a picture you'd like to use? The pixels have to be 100 x 100 to fit as an avatar, but that's not too hard to size. Once you've got your picture, the upload is not hard. I can help you if you'd like.

I picked Elastagirl from The Incredibles, because that is our favorite movie, and I feel like I've been "stretched out" after a day at work & with the two kids.

You know, as much as the partylite melts cost, well, they should throw more scent!! Their aromasimmers are much stronger.

Hello everyone! I plopped in Sugar & Spice Oatmeal Scotchies this morning in the living room and it pooped out after about 2 hours. :?

We're heading out in an hour or so to the Travis Tritt concert so I won't be melting any more today, but I'll get my warm & fuzzies from the third row instead of bakery scents this evening!! :P I've been head over heels for that man for about 17 years, so if I'm not posting tomorrow you all will know that he FINALLY grabbed me outta the audience and took me home with him! Keep your fingers crossed!! (Sorry hubby...!)

[smilie=th_1286B215] [smilie=th_create] [smilie=th_ecd36868] [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

I have tried, and tried to get a picture uploaded to the avatar. I keep getting that the picture is to big! I gave up!!

I wanted to put a picture of my puppy sucking on her pacifier. She is so cute!

[smilie=th_1286B215]

karla

I have tried, and tried to get a picture uploaded to the avatar. I keep getting that the picture is to big! I gave up!!

I wanted to put a picture of my puppy sucking on her pacifier. She is so cute!

[smilie=th_1286B215]

karla

Karla, got to http://www.imageshack.us/

Browse and select your image for upload and select Avatar under "resize image." Then click host it. Another page will come up and you should copy and paste the "direct link to image" link in your profile.

Guest Anonymous

Karla, you could also open the picture and edit it on your own computer. When you check "attributes", the picture has to be 100 X 100 pixels, and can be sized automatically by changing the numbers, or you can do it by hand. Once it is the right size, it should upload easily.

Thank you Tana and Monalisa for your help with the avatar!

I'm not totally computer illiterate, but when it comes to things like this, I am definately technologically challenged! Step by step instructions that I can understand make all the difference in the world!

Now I get to show you my darling Wagner. He is such a sweetheart and I call him my "Soul Dog." Those of you with pets can understand I'm sure. Even though you may have loved many dogs and/or cats over the years, there is one of them that seems to be a part of your very soul...a dog that genuinely seems to "understand" you and your moods. Wagner is that dog for me. He senses how to cheer me up when I'm down and soothes me when I'm sad...

I'd like to thank everyone that recommended Texas Scentsation's Chocolate Amber - LOVE it!!! Very, very good scent that doesn't come across very "chocolate-y" but is delicious and earthy with a slight floral somewhere in it's tone. Just fantastic in the kitchen with a huge throw.

Send i am so glad that you like Choc Amber. I had asked Char to dupe it for me and I think she did a sensational job. It is actually a mixture of Sensual Amber with just a hint of choc. I have perfume coming in it and I cannot wait. I found when melting it that it seemed to last forever, and you are right it has a huge throw. [smilie=th_1286B215]

Guest Anonymous

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!! Cute puppy!!!

Put on a white chocolate mint jar from yankee. It is not making me happy, because about the time it started throwing off scent, the nectartini from PL started kicking in. Now I have something that I will call "Tropical Grove Chocolate Nightmare". [smilie=th_1286B215]

Karla, you could also open the picture and edit it on your own computer. When you check "attributes", the picture has to be 100 X 100 pixels, and can be sized automatically by changing the numbers, or you can do it by hand. Once it is the right size, it should upload easily.

We had a really hard time doing it that way, at least with photos from our digital. IIRC, it's not only the pixels that count but also the size of the file. The file size has to be really, really small. Changing the pixels was easy though.

Trep and Debra, thanks for making me want to run out right now to YC ! [smilie=th_1286B215] Okay, I'll try the velvet petals but will only buy one votive in case I find it too perfumey. Will get several Vanilla Cupcake and maybe one of the Sweet Violets.

Would also love to know what everyone thinks of the other scents in YC's spring line:

Black Cherry, Fresh Cut Herbs, Midnight Jasmine, and Water Garden.

Oh.....and I also looooved the cold smell of the Cottage Breeze. [smilie=th_create] Has anyone tried that one ?

YC also has the prettiest accessories out for Spring.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/subcat.jsp?category=%2fRetail%2fNew+Spring+Collection%2fNew+Spring+Accessories

Hey Boogie, I know you posted that a couple days ago, but I was out of town and didn't see it until now, but I did want to throw my two cents in since I have tried most of the YC Spring line. Haven't tried Black Cherry, though. But I really like Midnight Jasmine. It is a very strong and exotic floral. I didn't like Water Garden in the tart, but in the large jar, it's actually quite nice. My favorite, though, is the Fresh Cut Herbs! I love this scent. It's sweet and fresh, reminds me of late Spring or early Summer.

Right now I have YC Lilac Blossoms in the living room and Midnight Jasmine in the bedroom.

Thank you Tana and Monalisa for your help with the avatar!

I'm not totally computer illiterate, but when it comes to things like this, I am definately technologically challenged! Step by step instructions that I can understand make all the difference in the world!

Now I get to show you my darling Wagner. He is such a sweetheart and I call him my "Soul Dog." Those of you with pets can understand I'm sure. Even though you may have loved many dogs and/or cats over the years, there is one of them that seems to be a part of your very soul...a dog that genuinely seems to "understand" you and your moods. Wagner is that dog for me. He senses how to cheer me up when I'm down and soothes me when I'm sad...

What a cute photo! My angel Phantom who passed 2 1/2 years ago was my soul mate kitty, so I completely understand. This is a great quote a member from one of the yahoo cat groups I belong to often has in her signature. It sums it up for me.

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart - but in it

--- Fleur Conkling Heylinger

Guest Anonymous

Monalissa, and Tana

Thank you for the help, but for some reason it still will not load. [smilie=th_1286B215]

Oh well!

Thanks,

[smilie=th_create]

karla

Guest Anonymous

I have that midnight jasmine in my suv from yc. The air freshner you hang from your mirror. I myself am not that fond of it. I sure wish I would have bought the vanilla cupcake. I may go back, and get it.

[smilie=th_1286B215]

karla

I am done experimenting for the day and have YC Honeydew Melon on upstairs and down. I always like this one. Jason--I agree with you about the Midnight Jasmine--I really like it. Try the Black Cherry--I was pleasantly surprised. Also, I love the Fresh Cut Herbs, too. Never thought I would but tried the one I got and went back for four more.

Oh, yes, I was the one who initially tried the Black Cherry and thought it smelled like burnt cough syrup--I tried it again and liked it. Either the one I got was bad or my nose was off that day. Thought I'd better clear that up.

I'm still stuck in my bakery rut...trying to use up some of my stash so I don't have to store too many come spring...can you say over the edge?!?!?

[smilie=th_create]

Anyway, tonight I'm melting Crosscreek's Chestnuts & Brown Sugar upstairs and CFTKR's Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti in the living room. Yummy! I also got creative and mixed my last Angie's Crow Pie with the last Tuscadero's Amazing Apple Pie and am melting them in the great room. It actually smells quite good.

[smilie=th_1286B215]

I have Apple Cobbler from CH in the kitchen for the 2nd day. I have to say that this is the 2nd exceptional scent I have gotten from CH. This one has an excellent throw and for a good long time. I wasn't crazy about 2 of the scents I got from her - too strong for me with complaints from the family - but this and her Birthday Cake are definate reorders!

In the bathroom, I have a BBW's Cherry Blossom candle which is a nice gentle scent. Very enjoyable.

And for the bedroom, I have CHC's Olive Blossum, which is a very lovely scent that permeates the room, but is subtle and doesn't take over, just the way I like it. So far, this and Cinnamon Vanilla are my 2 favorites from her.

I am melting Cranberry Orange Spice for the evening (Candle Haven). Got an e-mail from Lessie and my Candle Haven is going out Tuesday! Great CS and TAT.

karlasmith wrote:

Does anyone know which co. sells waffle cone tarts? I've looked at a bunch of co. and can't find them.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

karla

tuscaderos sells them, not sure who else

I believe Bella's also has Waffle Cone. Sandy from Tuscadero's sent me a sample in this scent - it smells very very good but not super strong cold. I haven't burned it yet so can't comment as to the hot throw.

Guest Anonymous

Got rid of the Honeydew Mojito, it is a definate re-order for me!! Now I am melting fiddle faddle from Bella's. Just put it in, so we will see how that one is! It is one of the palm tarts that she makes, so I am curious to see if it is any different than the regular ones!