The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Trying Tropical Breeze's Seaspray. I am going to have to look up the description because so far I think it has one of those lower notes that I don't care for - but I am not sure what that scent is! Maybe I can finally identify the darn thing... :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys, I appreciate them.

fleur--I will be very interested to see how you like that Keepers of the LIght tart. I have had the Blueberry Muffin ones and they were good. I have been wanting to try the one you are melting. I tried votives from this company and got no hot smell at all. Cold they smelled great but once lit--nothing. Nancy

Guest Anonymous

Not melting anything because one of my babies is having problems with her eyes! Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Trep and her husband! Happy Anniversary! Sincerely,Melissa [smilie=th_slider_congratulations]

I'm on my third tealight with Nene's Carmelized Pumpkin Tart and I love it! Very warm and fuzzy....last night in my living room was Nene's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie, which is one of my alltime favorites that makes me swoon! :oops:

Happy Anniversary Trep!

:)

Jewel

Good Morning All-

I am currently melting Sweet Tart from Dew Drops. I needed an uplifting scent-Love this one!

Congrats Trep-have a wonderful day-hug and kiss him like there's no tomorrow!

trep, The Keepers of the Light Gourmet Sugar Cookie tarts were okay. They did not last too long. I melted it in a 20w heating plate melter. I am wondering about the placement of this melter. It is on a counter surface of a built in cabinet in the dining room (it has a "roof" so to speak). Maybe it needs to be more open. It seems like when I melt in this melter I do not get a huge throw in the dining room, but I can smell it up the stairs (which is on that same dining room wall). Anyway, I do have this scent in candle form. I keep a topper on it so it burns nicely but that does cut down on scent throw. I really only smell it when I take the topper off. I love the look of these candles and how nicely they burn, but the topper cuts the scent throw.

Cat, hope all is well... :)

I'm curious about some of these exact same scent names...do most of these tart vendors get their fragrance oils in one place? I mean Nene's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie is one of my ultimate favorites, but I've also noticed other vendors have BJBC. Is the only difference the 'base' wax they use and possibly the amount of fragrance oil?

Reason I'm asking is Fleur just mentioned Gourmet Sugar Cookie having not a whole lotta throw...I just placed my first CrossCreek order last week and was told that Frosted Sugar Cookie was wonderful, but that she wanted to discontinue the Gourmet Sugar Cookie 'cause it wasn't that great. Hmmm.......wonder if it's the same stuff?

Jewel

I'm curious about some of these exact same scent names...do most of these tart vendors get their fragrance oils in one place? I mean Nene's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie is one of my ultimate favorites, but I've also noticed other vendors have BJBC. Is the only difference the 'base' wax they use and possibly the amount of fragrance oil?

Reason I'm asking is Fleur just mentioned Gourmet Sugar Cookie having not a whole lotta throw...I just placed my first CrossCreek order last week and was told that Frosted Sugar Cookie was wonderful, but that she wanted to discontinue the Gourmet Sugar Cookie 'cause it wasn't that great. Hmmm.......wonder if it's the same stuff?

Jewel

It's my limited understanding that there are a few resources for the oils and that most vendors shop for their oils from the same general pool. There are a few companies that make their own oil and product (Texas Charm comes to mind) and you will notice the same scent names and descriptions across many different places. Then, other companies take these same oils and make custom blends, like Bella's. I think our vendors shop for oils like we shop for their tarts!

I switched early today to Can Do's Fruit Loops downstairs and her Pink Sugar up. I love them both. I was able to melt Can Do tarts in my 20 watt warmer but since I was in a hurry I just took the bowl off of it and plunked the tart tin down and it was melted in no time. I love those tins. Wish I'd known about them before I got all these warmers. Oh well, Everyone have a great evening. :)

Angie's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee in the kitchen and Crosscreek's Jenny's Song in the loft. I will have to change this soon. No scent throw at all. :)

Guest Anonymous

I have on Deep fried ice cream in the downstairs, and cupcake upstairs. They both smell heavenly!

Karla

Guest Anonymous

I've had CHC's Mulberry going all day and even after 8 hours the scent is wafting all the way into my garage! I'm in and out the rest of the night so I'll just leave this one going.....

Guest Anonymous
I just put on chococherry cake from jaycee danielle, and the cold throw is amazingly strong. I can't imagine how strong it's going to be when it's completely melted. Wowza! :)

Heidi,

That's the one I had at the office that I had to keep turning off the melter. It was soooo strong, it came out of my office and into the common area. It's pretty powerful. Smells yummy, too.

My Brandyanne's order came today, so I'm happily melting Orchard Grove (smells just like an apple orchard, wow) and black cherry. Black Cherry is good, just not as strong as I've known it to be from other vendors. Sunshine & Sheets from Candle Haven in laundry room - it's day 2 for that one tart, and I don't usually re-melt. It was still so strong, though. Wowza!

I got my small Cobblestone order in today, so of course, I wanted to try something!

I've got Buttercream in the kitchen, but I'm not caring for it - tons of butter, but not a "bakery touch" to it - no sweetness at all. I plunked a YC Christmas Cookie tart in with it and there is some improvement. I would definately not order this again. I probably should have gone with a sweet kitchen scent to try - think the Sugar Cookie also, but I've been trying to order some different things.

I have his Watercress & Aloe going in the bedroom. This is much, much better than the Buttercream, but I probably wouldn't reorder it. It has some stronger lemon notes in it that I think I would prefer left out. The background scent is lovely, however. It is very spa-like, and that is how he described it.

I have YC Midnight Jasmine in a candle going in the living room and that is just right for me.

I've come to the conclusion that I am terribly picky... but... so is my family and they don't hesitate to tell me when they are disatisfied with my choices.. My teenage son regularly tells me that my candles make him gag... although I think it's the nature of an teenage boy to find something objectionable in anything parental!

Well, my chococherry cake wasn't a hit with the dh (he said it smelled like butt - how dignified of him, right?). He turned it off as soon as he walked in the door.

So, I just started melting lovespell from chc in hopes that it will make dh happy. I'll melt the chococherry cake again when he's at work tomorrow. He tends to like floral and fruity scents, whereas I tend to go for the bakery scents. Oh well. I enjoy my bakery scents when he's gone.

In My classroom this morning I melted Bella's french crumb cake. I liked it, but two of my students said it made them sick. It petered out fairly quickly though. Next I melted YC red apple wreath, and this one is wonderful. At home i melted Bella's 7 layer bar, and it's good too! :)

Surprise, surprise, I am really liking the YC Fresh Cut Herbs--it's the first greenery type scent I"ve ever liked. I'll have to pick up some more of these next time I get to the mall.

The sun has come out but it is pretty cold out. Better get to the stores for supplies in case I am stuck in for a couple of days. My husband is taking me to lunch today as our anniversary is tomorrow and we might not be able to get out then. Thirty-three years--hard to believe!! :oops:

Talk to you all later.

Happy Anniversary trep...33 years ..thats amazing.. :)

Well, my chococherry cake wasn't a hit with the dh (he said it smelled like butt - how dignified of him, right?). He turned it off as soon as he walked in the door.

:) Sounds like something MY husband would say...

Tonight I'm melting Angie's Crow Pie downstairs and Brown Sugar Pecan from Tuscadero's upstairs. I haven't been burning Crosscreek lately - I'm rationing my stash until my new order comes in...

:oops:

After my Carmelized Pumpkin Tart from Nene pooped out this morning I plunked in Nene's Sugar & Spice. Such a light scent I could barely smell it, so obviously no throw. Bummer. One telalight and that's it, I give up. It's in the freezer now so I can gear up for tomorrow's office scent!

In my living room this evening I'm melting Can Do's Pumpkin Bread Pudding. I'm usually not into Bread Pudding scents, but it was a freebie, so why not!? :oops: So far I'm loving it!

Jewel

I started melting LOL's Cupid's Mischief Cake about 20 minutes ago in the bathroom plug-in. Wow! :) I'm a getting a huge throw, much bigger than I thought I would since it's a mini tart. I just started burning LOL's Strawberry Wafer Cookie in the living room while I watch America's Next Top Model (love that show!). I'm going to try the tealight stand trick and see how it goes. Both were very generous freebies.

I'll update later. Hope everyone has a great night!