The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I melted my large 2oz Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie from Nene last night in my living room, and it went for 6 hours before I turned it off and went to bed! I know that I'll kick that back on this evening and enjoy another 6 hours or so. That has to be one of my favorite fruity scents! I actually think I have 2 more large ones left, and it's the only large tart that I don't cut in half. I'm addicted to this one! :lol:

This morning I'm having Sex on the Beach in my office! Woohoo!

[smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Jewel

Today I will be melting nothing [smilie=th_biggestgrin] Work all day, then a long hair appointment tonight. It'll be too late by the time I get home. I see so many of you melt at work. I wish I could too! That would never go over well at my office.

I am liking the Bella's tarts that I put on this morning, but the caramel cookie in the living room is competing too much with the lemon in the kitchen. Both are nice scents but I am not sure of them together.

I have decided to melt Nene's Blueberry Lemon Loaf in the living room so that I have all lemon type scents going. I think it will blend better... [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I see so many of you melt at work. I wish I could too! That would never go over well at my office.

In the cubicle atmosphere I worked previously, no way, no how. In fact, we weren't allowed to wear perfume or body lotions to work due to possible allergies! :lol:

But for the last four months I've worked from home, and the only noses I need to be concerned about is a little Diva Siberian Husky and that little snookums next to my name up there on the left...and since both of them spend most of the day curled up here in my office, I'm assuming they enjoy what I melt! It's just kind of scary to think that right now two dogs are enjoying Sex On The Beach! :P

[smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Jewel

Guest Anonymous
In the cubicle atmosphere I worked previously, no way, no how. In fact, we weren't allowed to wear perfume or body lotions to work due to possible allergies!

While I would love to melt at work, I am sorry to say that this is me currently. [smilie=th_biggestgrin] How I envy all of you who are either able to melt at work (i.e., have your own office) or work from home.

Melting blackberry crisp from Crosscreek downstairs. Upstairs, brown sugar and nutmeg, also from Crosscreek. I can't belive how long this one little tart has lasted. This is the 4th day I've melted it and there is still some scent to it. I don't particuarly care for this scent (too much brown sugar, not enough nutmeg) but I am impressed with the longevity and the fact that it melted completely in my 25 watt burner.

Jerseymom, I was VERY disappointed with Vanilla Caramel. I would not buy that one again. You're right, absolutely no throw to it.

Today I have on YC Fresh Cut Herbs. I am pleasantly surprised with this one! It is complex and outdoorsy, yet sweet and cheerful. I couldn't place any one note to it, so had to look up the description: "A zesty, appetizing blend of sweet basil and spearmint with notes of apple and patchouli." It is very nice!

I received my order from Cheryl's Candles today -- I ordered on 2/14/08 for a Valentine's gift to myself and this is excellent turn around time, from California to Massachusetts.

The cobalt blue candle holder I ordered for keeping special for "Burning the Blue" is a beautiful heavy glass holder with I would say at least 9 oz. of candle inside. The holder has 4 little raised "feet" (real small, not really even noticeable but it keeps the holder up off what it is resting on and that' s nice). The candle I ordered to fill it (you have a choice) was "Blue Gardenia" which smells wonderful and is a soft blue in color. This candle was packed in cellophane and tied with a lovely plaid bow and was bargain priced.

The 13 tarts I got in the "Baker's Dozen" are all Aromatherapy scents I plan to use for the bathroom -right now I am burning a pretty light green one called "Verbena Bamboo" in there, along with the remains of the "Himalayan Bamboo" from Cobblestones - think I'll do a home spa treatment later in there with some of the IBB I got this past month.

Cheryl thoughtfully added 2 free sample tarts and I am burning the "Red Velvet Cake" right now and it is a winner too -- boy can that baby throw and it is a rich and yet cozy scent. All in all, a good scent day here. All tarts were individually wrapped in cellophane, with a typed label and all in a larger cellophane bag in a well padded box and sent Priority Mail.

Patsy

P.S. Actually I hit the jackpot today as a book order from my oldest daughter thru Amazon arrived and a CD I had on order (I collect music, my other passion next to books and scented wax.) :lol: :? :P [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Guest Anonymous

Today I'm melting Sugar & Spice's Verbena Berries....strong, tart. It actually reminds me a lot of PI's Almost Paradise, but with a bit more 'twang' to it.

Guest Anonymous
This morning I'm having Sex on the Beach in my office!

Isn't that considered unprofessional?? [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Ok,stepping up from the gutter...Haha

ETA-Burnig cinnamon vanilla mixed palm tarts from ebay!! Not a huge cinnamon person but these are GREAT!

Just put on Chestnut Hill's Peaches 'n Cream in the kitchen and Bizzy B's Sugar Cookie & Georgia Peach in the living room.

Just put Pomegranate from Candle Haven in the kids' bedrooms. Wow, this is a strong fruit scent. The description says it's strawberries, peaches, apples and vanilla. I smell mostly strawberries, but it's really nice.

I received my order from Cheryl's Candles today -- I ordered on 2/14/08 for a Valentine's gift to myself and this is excellent turn around time, from California to Massachusetts.

right now I am burning a pretty light green one called "Verbena Bamboo" :

That is one of my all time favorites from Cheryl as well. The plain Bamboo is also amazing. If you haven't tried Painted Lady, Fruity Patchouli or Wild Rose and Oak you are in for a triple treat. The are even more amazing.

In the kitchen today it is Purple Haze from LOL, and in the living room it is Wood Violet and Sugar Maple from LOL (this is an absolutely beautiful scent with huge throw) and in the comp room it is Lemon Meringue from Texas Scentsations. In the bath I am burning Candle Dippers HFO Lemon Drops and Violets. A pretty scented day at my house. Now if this stuffy nose would clear up I could enjoy it even more.

Guest Anonymous

Candle Haven's Satin & Sheets (love it, very clean scent, excellent throw) and French Market (love the cold smell; not melting well yet in my 25W bulb burner).

CFTKR's Florida Pound Cake - WOW! Love it! True pound cake scent with...maybe oranges? I need to look up the scent description again. It's powerful, but I used 2 of the tarts. Coffee cup warmer.

Momma's Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper. Love it.

Um, maybe I need my contact lenses checked.

There is no such scent Satin & Sheets at Candle Haven. I'm melting Sunshine & Sheets from there. Still love it!

Well, after my Fresh Cut Herbs debacle, detailed in a thread in The Melting Pot, I changed out to Mango Peach Salsa for the evening. It smells nice, but too light for me.

Sorry, but I've been chuckling over the mental picture of you frantically spatula scraping the wax from your table. Not funny, I know, but thanks for sharing!

Hope your night goes better!

Guest Anonymous
Oh no, it's funny! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

OK, I'm glad you know it is. I feel less guilty laughing. :lol: [smilie=th_326db8b3] [smilie=snoopy]

Tonight it's Amazing Apple Pie from Tuscadero's - despite my earlier lukewarm comments I really do like this scent. I still don't smell a lot of apple pie - it seems more like a candy apple to me, heavy on the candy - but it's still good and a possible reorder.

I'm also trying out Sleepy Hollow from Tuscadero's. This one is really good and a definite reorder for the fall. The throw was a little light at first but it really picked up. It smells like cinnamon and Halloween candy with a touch of fall fruits - something to melt with a hot cup of mulled cider after a night at the local haunted corn maze/bonfire with the kids. MMMMMM....

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Tonight it's Amazing Apple Pie from Tuscadero's - despite my earlier lukewarm comments I really do like this scent. I still don't smell a lot of apple pie - it seems more like a candy apple to me, heavy on the candy - but it's still good and a possible reorder.

I'm also trying out Sleepy Hollow from Tuscadero's. This one is really good and a definite reorder for the fall. The throw was a little light at first but it really picked up. It smells like cinnamon and Halloween candy with a touch of fall fruits - something to melt with a hot cup of mulled cider after a night at the local haunted corn maze/bonfire with the kids. MMMMMM....

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

I will put this on my fall list to try, thanks you mjc..my son seems to like these kinds of scents