The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

Welcome back, Fleur! You were missed. I hope you had a great time!

This evening, melting Country Clothesline from Country Glow (my blue for today). Fresh Linen from Aunt Becky's is still going strong from yesterday. Cherries Jubilee from Crosscreek and Rice Pudding from Starring Fragrances.

My blue to those of you feeling the pain of loss is a YC Midnight Garden candle. It is one of their swirl candles combining Midnight Jasmine and Water Garden. Very lovely scent and very appropriate when thinking of our beloved mothers.

I received my AromaSoy sampler order today and I'm trying Snickerdoodle in the kitchen as I write. These things are strong! In fact, when I opened the mailbox, I already knew I had received an order from somewhere because I could smell it before I saw it! I surely love scents, but I'm not so sure I like them so strong. I guess it's hard to find just the right middle ground sometimes.

I will say they are packaged beautifully. My only disappointment is that she has included primarily bakery scents, which are not what I would have chosen - I'm more into the clean and light floral scents. I'm trying a "Light Blue for Women" here in my bedroom, but I might have to put it out or open a window since my eyes are watering. Just curious... are the soy melts usually this strong?

Some of the other scents that were included are Vanilla Cream, Vanilla on Sterioids, Persian Lilac Mist, Frosted Cinnabun, Lemon Gumdrops, Pralines and Buttercream, Gingerbread Cookies, Cosmopolitan, Walnut Fudge Brownie, and Black Cherry Bomb. Any thoughts on these? What should I try next?!

Ladies and Gentlemen you are all bad influences (on my pocketbook that is). Went to YC today and bought two yes two burners. Don't know about this 14Watts though my others are 24W and blow these out the room. I can use these in smaller rooms I guess. Ended up buying some more tarts. My YC is having a sale for Pres. Day this weekend and I like burning the smaller jars(3 for 10$) I don't know if this is nationwide?

Burning rose for my husbands grandma (I'm not too fond of rose).

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

Cheryl, I too went to YC today, and they didn't have that sale at our store. Darn it!

I'm turning this Autumn leaves off, and putting Vanilla cupcake on. It is way to strong for me to go to bed to. Vanilla cupcake will be a lot more soothing, and homey!

:)

karla

Finally home, time to try my skillet - Blue Mountain Church is the scent. I have no idea what the scent description is! Maybe I should look! lol!

Guest Anonymous

I was finally able to get some sleep yesterday--I want to thank you ALL so much for your condolences and sincere thoughts and prayers. [smilie=th_a194] . Beth, after I lost my father, I would take a break (I am a nurse who works nights) and go outside and find comfort in the stars. I will do the same when I have to return back to work tonight for the first time since the loss of my mom. I carry them both within me, and, my strength will return. . .and, I appreciate my family and friends more than ever at this time in my life.

Remember to reach out to those that you love as often as you can. We must treat ourselves well every day, too. That means surrounding ourselves with ALL the fragrances that we can get our hands on to make our worlds better smelling places, and, also to invoke wonderful memories for ourselves and everyone around us [smilie=th_OMG]

good morning, I have chc honey bun cake going in the kitchen, my amazing grace in the bathroom and just started an aroma soy candle in southern country kitchen...haven't burned a candle in quite some time..cold smell is fabulous.

Greetings on this cold, cold morning!

I am working at home today, so I'm continuing yesterday's Snickerdoodle by AromaSoy in the kitchen. I am liking it much better today. Not quite as strong, which is more my preference.

I haven't decided which new goodie I will try in the bedroom yet. [smilie=th_a194] I will be working there today, so it needs to be a "motivating" scent. I'm thinking of trying Persian Lilac Mist - a little spring to counter the cold!

Guest Anonymous

I am bunring a Blueberry cobbler in the kitchen for you Wildfire.

I feel so sorry for all of you that have lost your mothers. My mom will probably out live me she is such a health nut, and vegitarian. I'm a chocoholic, and just take a one a day. She is my best best friend, and we grew up together since she had me at 16 years old. She is more like a sister then a mom. Now that I'm a mom I always think what was she thinking letting me do that. Oh yeah she didn't know any better!!

OMG my new FAVORITE fragrance is this Vanilla cupcake from YC! I went to bed with it on in my bedroom, and smelled it all night long, and first thing this morning. I t I hink I will have it in every room today for something different!!

I better go back to YC I didn't buy enough of these!! lol

[smilie=th_a194]

karla

Guest Anonymous

Oh I just hope smelling this Vanilla cupcake doesn't hurt me! I just joined Weight Watchers yesterday, and it is making me hungary already!!

[smilie=th_a194]

karla

Good Morning all-

I have been out for a few days so haven't had much of a chance to visit. Wildfire-big hugs and love to you. I am going out to get a blue pillar this morning. I want to have just the right light for all of us for the memorial and strength we need.

I am melting Strawberries and White cake-Mookie Doodle, Pink Sugar-Tuscadero's, Heaven Scents-CFTKR.

Deb-I have been looking all over for a local supplier for the skillet. I did a little experiment, using a mini pie crust pan-the metal does make an incredible difference to the throw!!!

I want the skillet, but the shipping cost is stopping me.Hmmm-I know what's $10? How about 10 tarts?????????? Of course that is my excuse-I really just love "projects" like this-I feel great when I finally find it!The thrill of the hunt-I guess...

Still melting Angie's Amish Quilt.

Received notice that my Tuscadero's order shipped! Can't wait; not only am I anxious to try them, but I'm also getting low on tarts.

Karla- I love the YC vanilla cupcake, too. It's not as sweet as most, almost reminds me of an unfrosted vanilla cupcake. Yum!

Good morning all!

I'm sitting here in Seattle where it's cold, overcast and dreary, but I just received a company wide notice that they're calling an early ship time for our distribution center in Cincinnati due to 'extreme' weather conditions, so I'm thinking my cold and dreary is NOTHING compared to some of you! [smilie=th_OMG] Stay warm y'all!

I was an idiot and bought a lot of the LARGE tarts from Nene last time thinking they'd be a value. They might be in the long run, but considering I like to change scents daily they aren't practical. I finally figured out I could cut them in half and plop the remainder back in the cup and snap the lid and save it for the next time, so that's what I did this morning. I've got half of N'awlins Pralines & Cream in my new glass mosaic melter and it's positively dreamy and is making my mouth water.

Now I'm hungry as well as cold. Well.....crap.

[smilie=th_a194]

Jewel

Still melting Angie's Amish Quilt.

Received notice that my Tuscadero's order shipped! Can't wait; not only am I anxious to try them, but I'm also getting low on tarts.

Karla- I love the YC vanilla cupcake, too. It's not as sweet as most, almost reminds me of an unfrosted vanilla cupcake. Yum!

Low on tarts? [smilie=th_OMG] [smilie=th_a194]

Guest Anonymous
I want the skillet, but the shipping cost is stopping me.Hmmm-I know what's $10?

Cat - What you do is buy tarts also. I bought 6 packs of tarts with 2 tins and my shipping is $7.95.

Cold here in the Northeast. We are supposed to get some snow/mixed type of weather this afternoon. February is a long month...

Today I put on The Queen of Hearts Buttercream Icing. I just received my first order from this vendor. We will see how things melt... This one smells nice so far.

Yeah, jersey...what does that feel like? PANIC??? [smilie=th_a194]

Cat - the metal made a big difference, you are right. I have to dash off to an all-day class (no melting for a bit) but I will ck the shipping I paid and see if he reduced or not.

See ya guys this evening!