The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Past Introductions

Guest Anonymous
Thanks for the welcome!

I am usually known as the "enabler" lol

I love to try new places and cant resist any good sale especially the free shipping ones.

I must have close to 1000 tarts here and I still buy more. I can't help myself :P

Oh, Dee...you and I are gonna be good friends, I see! [smilie=th_OMG]

Cat...why, whatever do you mean??? [smilie=th_blij40]

Welcome Griselda & Sherry! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Sherry, I just moved from Iowa. Well, I lived in South Dakota & worked across the border in Sioux City, IA. I'm a Southern gal at heart and couldn't take the cold. (Actually moved back South for personal reasons, but the weather excuse makes it easy to explain.)

Let's see if I can add one more emoticon to this post: [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the welcomes ladies.

Yep, you read that right. I def am a prod member of tarts anonymous. I buy way more then a normal person can melt but I get caught up in the sales and the scents, especially the blends. Right now I am loving HoT, Crosscreek, and CYS. I am always willing to try new places out. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Guest Anonymous
Thanks for the welcomes ladies.

Yep, you read that right. I def am a prod member of tarts anonymous. I buy way more then a normal person can melt but I get caught up in the sales and the scents, especially the blends. Right now I am loving HoT, Crosscreek, and CYS. I am always willing to try new places out. :oops:

And we are always willing to help in that endeavor! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Guest Anonymous

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Welcome Sherry, Griselda and Dee.

This is a wonderful group for all of us addicts!!!!

:)

karla

For all new addicts-Hi and welcome! We love to hear new ideas and scents! Anyone who shares our obsession is okay with us! And no matter what Cyn says-I am not a bad influence!!! I love all sales equally!

Guest Anonymous
For all new addicts-Hi and welcome! We love to hear new ideas and scents! Anyone who shares our obsession is okay with us! And no matter what Cyn says-I am not a bad influence!!! I love all sales equally!
[smilie=th_bb20]

Guest Anonymous

I thank you all for your helpful hints.

I am a special education teacher in a suburb of Dallas. I am married with two college age sons, two dogs, a cat, and a fish tank.

I grow roses (a coupla hundred kinds) and have rent houses.

So I need diversions that don't tear up my hands.

I thank you all for your helpful hints.

I am a special education teacher in a suburb of Dallas. I am married with two college age sons, two dogs, a cat, and a fish tank.

I grow roses (a coupla hundred kinds) and have rent houses.

So I need diversions that don't tear up my hands.

I love roses(fresh ones) and every year we go out and toil in the landscaping,but my yard has been termed the "yard of death". I have a wonderful rose bush left from Mother's day-we shall see if it comes back! I planted(in our latest venture) 9 beautiful mums-we shall see on those too! I have spent more on landscaping since we got the house than in tarts-if you can believe that! I think I am just ready to hire a nice service to do it for me-but I do love working out there! We have even hired a service to come out and test the soil to find out why nothing grows, but daffodils-and bulb types.

Last year-I put all of the spring flowers in pots-they looked incredible on the porch and deck-but the yard-blechhhh!

Guest Anonymous

I love reading about other peoples' gardening challenges - I grow mostly antique roses for exactly that reason.

I am blessed to live in a climate that lets roses bloom ten months of the year. I choose to grow roses that don't require fungicides, and I grow enough to share with the critters so I don't spray insecticides.

Needless to say, I am very critical of candle and melt scents with 'roses' on the label.

It appears that I have neglected to introduce myself, so let me begin!

My name is Doris and I have been married to my wonderful (mostly because he likes candles too) husband for 28 years. I have 4 children. My eldest is working on his doctorate and just became engaged to be married in August! My next son is an engineer, and probably not far behind in marriage with his lady friend. Then I have a son who will begin college this fall and my only daughter who is a high school sophomore. I feel truly blessed with my family.

I am a registered nurse and my full time work consists of investigating nursing home abuse and neglect throughout the State of NJ, where I live. I am also a therapist part-time, but if I ever retire, it will become my full-time occupation. I love it and I can't ever imagine myself not working. My husband is a teacher and feels the same way I do about my work. It's a good thing we love our jobs because not too many people can afford to retire in NJ!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I am totally and completely addicted to candles. I have been teased multiple times about all of the "stashes" I have. I can almost guarantee that I have in excess of 50 candles (not the small ones) that I have acquired through sales, etc. I LOVE a good sale! I also enjoy tarts and probably have at least a couple hundred of those lying around. I am excited to learn that there is more to the world of tarts than Yankee! I took advantage of 2 Super Bowl Weekend sales and can't wait to take possesion of my goodies!

I am also a very dedicated dog lover and have 2 of my own. Quinn is an American Eskimo dog who is 14 and a diabetic, and Wagner is a big white shaggy dog mix who is 6. Whereas Quinn is quite a bright girl, Wagner on the other hand is the Forrest Gump of dogs. They are both rescues and I love them dearly. Considering the horrible existences they led prior to being rescued - especially poor Quinn, they surely live a life of luxury now! [smilie=th_yourock]

It's great to have found a place that "understands" me and my love of things scented. Not too many people do!

Doris

Guest Anonymous

Doris, I loved reading about your family and your doggie rescues.

We have an ACD that was rescued from First Monday Trade Days in Canton - she is completely a ranch dog. She bites the ankles and herds every other animal we own. She is whistle-trained, thank God. Our other rescue dog is half/golden, half yellow Lab - with totally odd ears. He lived for a month in a vacant lot in the inner city - he lived on burrito and fajita scraps until my husband brought him home.

I guess we all collect something...and needless to say, the retriever is always always grateful for his food - even dry dog food...

Guest Anonymous

LoL, Miss, we have a dog that is part Aussie, part Border Collie and part German Shep and she nips at everyone's and everythings heels too. You should see her herding the other dogs on the street when we get them all together. No question which dog is in charge on our street! Great dog though and smart as a whip.