The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Past Introductions

Guest Anonymous
and mom of an Asperger's child. I also have fibromyalgia-all this makes life interesting!

Hi Peggi!

My almost 11 year old is an Aspie as well. And I have fibro. And yes it is definitely making life interesting. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome, Rembran! How long have you know your son (I'm assuming here!) has Aspie? Where do you live? And where do you get all your info? Sorry for all the questions, but, like fibro, Aspie is new, and I am always trying to get more info and all-information is power, it is said. Does he go to a big school? How do they handle it?

Like I said we live in California, and the school my son goes to has 19 students total (that is K-8, by the way)-it's been a life saver just because it is so small. He has speech therapy, and does a special program called Healtherapy, which involves horses. He gets alot of services, but I worry about when he gets older (he's almost 9 now) and high school worries me.

Thanks, again, and if I can be of any help in those areas, please let me know, OK?

I'll have to look up my fibro links and I'll PM them to you when I get a chance later on...Maybe tomorrow.

Brandan was suspected of having it in 3rd grade and was diagnosed in San Diego with it. But they didn't do didly squat for him. @@

We moved here and the Florida school system is 100000% better for him and his disability.

He has an IEP and he goes to different rooms for all of his major classes. He also meets with a Speech Therapist twice a week. He has trouble using the right words when speaking. Kind of like his Mom. lol

He was going to be held back in 3rd grade in San Diego and now he is making As and Bs here.

Brandan is in 5th now and things are getting better. I worry about high school and adulthood too.

Hang in there!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Everyone!

I found Candlefind a few weeks ago, and love reading all of the forums! Yes, I'm a candle, and tart junkie!!! I can't go a day without smelling, burning, and buying!

My name is Karla Smith, and I live in a small town named Sunnyvale, Texas with my husband. I have two boys 25, and 23, and a 12 year old daugther. We have two dogs, cat, fish, and hamster. We love animals!!!

I own a pet store in Texas, and I got into candles when someone on one of the retail pet store boards told me about these pet odor eliminator candles that I could put my own logo, and store information on, and have my own line of soy pet odor eliminator candles. So I buy from www.mccarleysgifts.com wholesale every month. My customers come in to see what I have new. I now have customers that don't even have pets come buy our candles because my customers have told their family, and friends about our candles. They have a list with over 1000 fragrances so I have so much fun coming with new fragrances every month. I also rename them with dog names, and different breeds on them. Like I have a white poodle in a pink dress for Birthday Cake. I call some spoiled, diva, princess, prince etc. It is so much FUN!!!! They really work so peple can't belive how good my home, and store smell with all the animals!!!

It is so nice to see, and hear other people that have this addiction!!!! I'm not alone!

Can't wait to get to know all of you better! I love talking about candles!!! My husband is addicted too now. He has to go find what he wants to lite! We do have one problem his favorite is Leather, and I hate it!!! He has to lite it out in his garage!!! LOL

Karla

Yay! I am glad to meet you and see that your DH is as bad "good" as mine about this candle thing! Not too many of the hubbies are on board with this. Mine has gotten so bad that he will actually analyze the nuances of the tarts-That's BAD! I now have to ask him what he wants in the orders too!

Welcome and looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts and ideas! I foster, so I know about that love for animals and am going to check out McCarley's now.

Happy melting and posting!

[smilie=th_welcome]

Welcome Karla. I will have to check out the McCarley's candles too! I have a furry Golden Retriever who gets kind of stinky now and then. She always finds something to roll in!!

Have fun on the forum!!

Hi, Karla!

Seems like many of us are passionate about both pets and candles! We are glad you are joining us!

[smilie=th_welcome] (and thanks for the link!!!!)

Hi Everyone. I have been coming to Candlefind for several years and really welcome the addition of the Forum and the chance to exchange tips and ideas and brands with other scent addicts.

I do not remember where or why my love of candles and melts started. I do know that in college, as a Media major, we did some experiments on our 5 senses, and the strongest sense,hands down, is the sense of smell. How often do we smell something ... a food ... or perfume ... or a candle, and it brings us back in a flash to another time and place in our lives? Sort of a smelly Deja Vu?

I am retired now from a state job and enjoying spending time with my 5 children and 8 grandchildren. I have been divorced for many years and now live alone. My passion is music and candles and melts and I also love to read and go to the library almost every week. I love True Crime and other forms of non-fiction like biography but do enjoy fiction as well, especially English village mysteries.

I have traveled some. Went to school for a semester in Ireland when my children were grown and realized a life long dream. Since I retired have also taken some wonderful Elderhostel trips around the US and always pick trips that involve Music, such as Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Cajun country out by Lafayette, LA, Bronson, MO and throughout the Ozarks. After living in CT and FL for many years I am back home living in a Boston suburb.

I really enjoy everyone's posts on the Forum,as well as Christina and Dawn's reviews, miss Carolyn, and am glad to meet each and every one of you.

Patsy

[smilie=th_welcome] Welcome, Patsy. I love to read, too, when I have the time. Look forward to hearing your views on different scents and companies!

[smilie=th_welcome]

Welcome Patsy! You have had interesting travels!

I live in the Northeast too (CT). It is really cold today!!!!

Enjoy the forum!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the big Welcome everyone!!!

Hello Peggy we are the newbies to this board!

Karla

Guest Anonymous
Hi Everyone. I have been coming to Candlefind for several years and really welcome the addition of the Forum and the chance to exchange tips and ideas and brands with other scent addicts.

I do not remember where or why my love of candles and melts started. I do know that in college, as a Media major, we did some experiments on our 5 senses, and the strongest sense,hands down, is the sense of smell. How often do we smell something ... a food ... or perfume ... or a candle, and it brings us back in a flash to another time and place in our lives? Sort of a smelly Deja Vu?

I am retired now from a state job and enjoying spending time with my 5 children and 8 grandchildren. I have been divorced for many years and now live alone. My passion is music and candles and melts and I also love to read and go to the library almost every week. I love True Crime and other forms of non-fiction like biography but do enjoy fiction as well, especially English village mysteries.

I have traveled some. Went to school for a semester in Ireland when my children were grown and realized a life long dream. Since I retired have also taken some wonderful Elderhostel trips around the US and always pick trips that involve Music, such as Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Cajun country out by Lafayette, LA, Bronson, MO and throughout the Ozarks. After living in CT and FL for many years I am back home living in a Boston suburb.

I really enjoy everyone's posts on the Forum,as well as Christina and Dawn's reviews, miss Carolyn, and am glad to meet each and every one of you.

Patsy

Love to read...similar topics, too! Heart races in a bookstore, LOL.

Welcome to the group! [smilie=th_welcome]

Guest Anonymous
Hi Everyone!

I found Candlefind a few weeks ago, and love reading all of the forums! Yes, I'm a candle, and tart junkie!!! I can't go a day without smelling, burning, and buying!

My name is Karla Smith, and I live in a small town named Sunnyvale, Texas with my husband. I have two boys 25, and 23, and a 12 year old daugther. We have two dogs, cat, fish, and hamster. We love animals!!!

I own a pet store in Texas, and I got into candles when someone on one of the retail pet store boards told me about these pet odor eliminator candles that I could put my own logo, and store information on, and have my own line of soy pet odor eliminator candles. So I buy from www.mccarleysgifts.com wholesale every month. My customers come in to see what I have new. I now have customers that don't even have pets come buy our candles because my customers have told their family, and friends about our candles. They have a list with over 1000 fragrances so I have so much fun coming with new fragrances every month. I also rename them with dog names, and different breeds on them. Like I have a white poodle in a pink dress for Birthday Cake. I call some spoiled, diva, princess, prince etc. It is so much FUN!!!! They really work so peple can't belive how good my home, and store smell with all the animals!!!

It is so nice to see, and hear other people that have this addiction!!!! I'm not alone!

Can't wait to get to know all of you better! I love talking about candles!!! My husband is addicted too now. He has to go find what he wants to lite! We do have one problem his favorite is Leather, and I hate it!!! He has to lite it out in his garage!!! LOL

Karla

Welcome, Karla! I hope you enjoy it here! [smilie=th_welcome]

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Karla-yep, that's what we are, but these ladies are so friendly that within a couple posts you don't feel new any longer! And I really enjoy that! (but be careful of your pocketbook-there are some serious enablers here, LOL!)

Guest Anonymous

Debra-

You're into Ann Rule too!! Oh, cool is that?! I am anxiously awaiting the Shadows book; I think I have read just about every one she's written. Which one is your favorite?

[smilie=th_a056]

Hello, Patsy!

I am an Ann Rule groupie and would love to hear what you are reading! Welcome, we are all partners in crime here!! [smilie=th_a056]

Hi Deb - Ann Rule is one of my favorite writers. I have read all her true crime books -- some more than once. Two years ago Ann Rule was on a book tour and my youngest daughter and I got to meet her at a Borders in downtown Boston. She was so gracious and when my daughter told Ms. Rule she was a forensic social worker at a maximum security prison, the 2 of them had a long chat with me hanging on to every word.

Right now I am reading "New Orleans Mourning" by Julie Smith. It is just so-so but I have to read something every night before I go to bed.

Patsy

Ann Rule fan popping in to say Hello ! [smilie=th_wave] I have read most of her work, but need to check out her newest one.

Welcome to our group, Patsy. [smilie=th_confused3] Your travels and interests sound wonderful. Candles, music, and some good books. Those are the things that make me truly content, too ( oh...and let's not forget my fur babies [smilie=snoopy] ). :lol:

Jenn, Heidi, Peggi, Karla !!!! WELCOME ~ It's hard to keep up with new members, so please forgive me for not saying hello sooner. I'm sorry if I have left anyone off....I hope we all post often and have a lot of fun with this forum. Such nice people on this forum. Maybe someone should do a study on candle and tart lovers to see if statistically, we are kinder, friendlier people. [smilie=th_confused3]

Looks like a bunch of Ann Rule groupies! I have trouble picking my favorite - she writes a lot about the Pacific NW where I am (and where she worked in law enforcement) so I enjoy the ones that have landmarks I know. Dead by Sunset happened about 4 miles from my house - and I didn't know anything about it until I read the book! Go figure... [smilie=th_confused3]

And let me also throw in a WELCOME! We hope you stay with us!

Boogie--your idea is good--I think a study will show that we candle lovers ARE the nicest people around--intelligent,cute, and lovable too [smilie=th_00000020] Anyway--welcome to all newcomers--I have lost track of who I've welcomed and who I haven't so welcome all and be prepared to need more space for all the goodies you will end up buying. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]