The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Past Introductions

I just found the Off Topic board...hey, it pays to scroll down! [smilie=th_blij51]

My name is Jewel, and I'm in the Seattle area. I'm happily married, and a mother to two Furbabies, I have a somewhat Diva-ish Siberian Husky, and my Wheaten Terrier Mix just happens to have his melt-your-heart face as my avatar next to my name! I'm an Account Manager for a clothing wholesaler, and I work from my home, so I can now melt tarts on my desk all day!

I've got two major addictions: Cooking and Melts. Fortunately, my husband objects to neither since whichever addiction I'm feeding happens to make his house smell wonderful when he gets home from work. Unfortunately, sometimes the smell is only coming from the tarts, which he considers a tease. :lol:

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

Nice to know more about you, Jewel! I love to cook, too, but I'm really just learning. So often, melting the tarts provides a much better scent!

Look forward to getting to know you better & hearing your thoughts on all good smelly stuff. [smilie=th_blij51]

Guest Anonymous

HEy Jewel. I love to cook too and am often in front of Food Network, allrecipes.com or various cookbooks. I love trying new recipes.

I like reading cookbooks too! Always looking for some magical recipe that will please the whole family. [smilie=th_blij51]

Guest Anonymous

Oh my God!! Can there be some connection to smell goodies and reading cookbooks? I too love to read cook books. I'm at www.allrecipes.com a lot. My recipe book for things to try is huge lol.

Anyway, my name is Melissa. I'm 39. Originally from St. Paul, MN but now living in Allentown, Pa. I met my husband of 7 years on the internet. Just one fur baby for us.

I also own a dog daycare/cage-free boarding facility here. Prior to that I was a medical assistant, bartender, and I also managed a retail store before I became a housewife. The housewife thing was the best gig!!! Husband got laid off and we started the business. www.woofworldpa.com if you are interested.

Well, here are some more connections...I met my husband also via the internet , work in the medical field, AND we have a yellow lab. 7 years old, Bonnie. (Or "the Bonster" as she prefers to be known.) She likes to spend lots of time at our doggie day care and dog park. And with all her energy we are glad she does! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Guest Anonymous

Hello fellow candle lovers!!

I got the link to this lovely place through a few friends! I am so glad to have found a forum that is completely devoted to candles and melts! WOW!!

I am always on the look out to try new WAHM tarts and candles and there's so many reviews and links here!!

I look forward to posting and getting to *know* you all!!

Here's my intro!

My name is Jenn and I am a 31 year old WAHM. I have two sons. Remy is going to be 2 in February and Brandan will be 11 in April!

DH is Kevin and we have been married since 1999.

I am originally from New Orleans but have hopped around this great US for the past 8 years. We lived in NY for a little while and then called San Diego our home for almost 5 years. Now, we live on Florida's Treasure Coast!

I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis and sometimes feel like I am 80 and a truck ran over me but I am trucking through it. :P

I love to sew!! Gosh! I love to sew and create new designs. It's so fun to see something created from nothing!!

I am a fabric hoarder and a super duper chocolate lover!

And don't get me started on candles and tarts. lol I have quite the stash. I really love tarts more than candles since they are so easy to pop out and change the scents.

I have been burning tarts for about 7 years now and love trying new places.

I think that is enough of an intro!!

Thanks for reading and thanks for having me!!

Guest Anonymous

Welcome, Jenn. Thanks for the introduction. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews. :P

Guest Anonymous

Welcome, Jenn. I am originally from Baton Rouge and just made a trip back home about three weeks ago. Didn't make it into New Orleans this time around though. As a matter of fact I haven't been to New Orleans since the Hurricane. Do you make it back there often?

Guest Anonymous
Welcome, Jenn. I am originally from Baton Rouge and just made a trip back home about three weeks ago. Didn't make it into New Orleans this time around though. As a matter of fact I haven't been to New Orleans since the Hurricane. Do you make it back there often?

Well, when we moved from San Diego almost two years ago we drove through New Orleans. I am from St. Bernard. That was the place I believe was hit the worst. We drove into St. B. but I literally got sick from seeing all of the trash on the highways and boarded up buildings so we turned around and headed to Mississippi for the night.

I didn't want to remember my hometown and my old house the way it looked after Katrina so I just didn't even go to those places.

Now, my parents were there around Christmas and they said it is still just horrible in St. Bernard and people are still in FEMA trailers and there's not much business.

It's so tragic. Some of my family and friends still live there but most have relocated.

Guest Anonymous
Welcome, Jenn. Thanks for the introduction. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews. :P

Thanks for the welcome Cynthia!! I read on one of the other posts up a bit that you work with neuro patients.

My DH was hospitalized Christmas before last and he was diagnosed by the neuro with Transverse Myelitis. Are you familiar with TM?

It's been a long road to recovery and he is still not up to par. But he's alive. ;)

Guest Anonymous

Well, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Peggi, (please, call me that if you can remember!), I'm a wife of a disabled man and mom of an Asperger's child. I also have fibromyalgia-all this makes life interesting! I live in Northern Cal (just digging ourselves out from the last big storm) near the Oregon border. Our town has a total of (ta-da!) 80 people-our community of 5 small towns has almost a 1000 (maybe, just maybe...) people. And no, we're not desperate enough to count animals and pets!!! LOL! We are an independent bunch of people-this is the way we are, and we like it!!! We have alot of power outages, which is a big reason why hubby likes doing candles-he's now into doing honey candles, and some beeswax. I like smell goods, so anything that smells good to me goes! CocoaPink got me hooked on CP soaps, so that is why I'm experimenting with melt and pour. (I have to think of the safety issues concerning my child, which is why I don't want to do cold process myself)

Let's see...Oh! We have 5 cats, 1 cavey, and a snake. Can't think of too much more now, so....

I'm really pleased to be here-I've been coming to the Candlefind site for quite some time, checking reviews and such. It's nice to meet you all!

Guest Anonymous
Welcome, Jenn. Thanks for the introduction. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Thanks for the welcome Cynthia!! I read on one of the other posts up a bit that you work with neuro patients.

My DH was hospitalized Christmas before last and he was diagnosed by the neuro with Transverse Myelitis. Are you familiar with TM?

It's been a long road to recovery and he is still not up to par. But he's alive. [smilie=th_oops_]

Jenn,

I have had a handful of patients with TM...all who ended up with good outcomes, thank goodness. Some did take longer than others - you guys keep hanging in there. It can be so scary and life-altering, for both the patient and their loved ones. I'm glad your husband is still on the road to recovery and hope he continues to do well.

Guest Anonymous
and mom of an Asperger's child. I also have fibromyalgia-all this makes life interesting!

Hi Peggi!

My almost 11 year old is an Aspie as well. And I have fibro. And yes it is definitely making life interesting. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Welcome!!

Guest Anonymous

Jenn,

I have had a handful of patients with TM...all who ended up with good outcomes, thank goodness. Some did take longer than others - you guys keep hanging in there. It can be so scary and life-altering, for both the patient and their loved ones. I'm glad your husband is still on the road to recovery and hope he continues to do well.

He is improving month by month!! It's a slow process but I'm just thankful he is still alive!!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Guest Anonymous
and mom of an Asperger's child. I also have fibromyalgia-all this makes life interesting!

Hi Peggi!

My almost 11 year old is an Aspie as well. And I have fibro. And yes it is definitely making life interesting. [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome, Rembran! How long have you know your son (I'm assuming here!) has Aspie? Where do you live? And where do you get all your info? Sorry for all the questions, but, like fibro, Aspie is new, and I am always trying to get more info and all-information is power, it is said. Does he go to a big school? How do they handle it?

Like I said we live in California, and the school my son goes to has 19 students total (that is K-8, by the way)-it's been a life saver just because it is so small. He has speech therapy, and does a special program called Healtherapy, which involves horses. He gets alot of services, but I worry about when he gets older (he's almost 9 now) and high school worries me.

Thanks, again, and if I can be of any help in those areas, please let me know, OK?