The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Past Introductions

Guest Anonymous

Hi to everyone! My name is Shannon and I've been a Candlefind fan for quite a while now. Like most of us, I started with Yankee Candle, but the smoke and soot really caused this clean-freak lots of trauma. Tarts became my passion, especially soy ones, about 2 years ago and I haven't looked back. There are many I've tried and many I WANT to try and I frequently get way out of hand (I'm sure most of you can relate). There are stashes all over my house and I frequently give tartwarmers as gifts just so I can deplete my own inventory - which means I get to go shopping again (heehee). Looking at all these posts and places, it strikes me as so cool that even though we are all different, we all have commonalities too, like our love of scents.

About me: I've been living in the Portland, OR area for less than a year, was in Orlando, FL for several years (my ex husband works at Pleasure Island so I am verrrrrryy familiar with all things Disney, Universal, SeaWorld), Montgomery, AL, Warner Robins, GA, Beaufort, SC (next door to Hilton Head, which is near gorgeous Savannah and as beautiful an island as Kiawah which is an hour north), England.....guess you can say I've been a moving target!

I'm 38 years old and have a 12 year old daughter. I'm a lease administrator for a property management company, which is fairly interesting without being overly stressful. Recently, I've reunited with my high school sweetheart and we're trying to see if "happily-ever-afters" happen in real life - the jury deliberates but is optimistic that it will come to a verdict soon!

Since I've been "lurking" for a while and reading some of ya'lls reviews for such a long time, I'm pleased to finally "meet" you. Thanks for all the great information and I look forward to getting to know ya'll better!

Welcome, Shannon. I have family that lives in Portland and my in-laws live on the OR coast (tiny town called Port Orford). We lived in northern FL for 5 years (husband was stationed at Eglin, AFB) and we went to Disney World several times. Aside from Hawaii, it's still our favorite place to vacation. Hope everything works out for you in the romance department!

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Michelle, and thank you for the kind wishes! This is a beautiful place and I'm loving the scenery and even the (yes, rainy) weather. Snow covered mountains, tall evergreens, misty rain - I'm certainly not in Florida anymore. I'm glad you got to enjoy your time at Eglin and would LOVE to make it to Hawaii (jealous a little, but happy for you). I hope that your husband settles in to being back home easily and appreciate his, and your, service. Take care!

Shannon, I'm glad you are not lurking anymore. I also wish you the best of luck with your high school sweetheart :)

I moved around a bit in the early years of my marriage and found it very exciting. We've been living in the same house and town now for over 10 years and I'm itching to pick up and try someplace new. My kids don't like the idea of moving, though. I am very interested in Hilton Head, and have heard that Beaufort is a good option in that area. I assume that the home prices are not as expensive there as in Hilton Head. Do they have a good school system?

Hi Shannon and welcome--glad you decided to tell us a little about yourself. I hope your romance works out to be one of those you read about with the former sweethearts reuniting. I agree with you that with all the different ages, lifestyles and locales on this forum we can still bond over scent. Neat, huh? Will be looking forward to hearing what brands and styles of products you like. I have gotten a lot of good ideas from the others on here already. Of course, that means more shopping--Ha! Nice to meet you--have a great day. Nancy (trep)

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Boogie! I completely understand about the moving "itch" but envy you the stability that being in one place for so long must bring. Growing up in Beaufort (Hilton Head is in Beaufort County, BTW, which is the county seat), Hilton Head was where "the rich people" played golf. Beaufort, however, has been discovered, so to speak, and now the home prices are VERY expensive throughout the area, which is a chain of lots of little islands. Personally, I would much rather live in Beaufort than HH as it is cheaper, prettier and more historical, but the school system isn't great in either place (gee, what does that say about me?hehe!). And thanks for kind wishes - I'll sure take 'em!

And hi, Trep! Thank you everyone for being so warm and welcoming! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I am primarily a "melter" but use everything scented you can think of: sprays, lotions, reeds, oils, etc...drives the guys (HSSH and his son) nuts! So I try to take it easy on them by staying away from florals and too much bakery since they like fruit/fresh/woodsy scents. It's all about compromise, isn't it? I hope all of ya'll have a great night and I look forward to us all learning more together!

Hi Shannon, I am so glad also that you are no longer lurking! I also am an Oregonian and was quite lonely reading everyone talking about the rest of the country! LOL! I just moved from Beaverton to Hillsboro. Have you ever gone to the Pacifica outlet? They had a wonderfull booboo sale in NW PDX that I missed a year or so ago. Hope you stick with us!

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Shannon. So nice to 'meet' you! I have never been to Portland, but I would love to visit there.

I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences and thoughts on the wonderful world of melts & candles. And best of luck to you with your romance! Sounds wonderful and very storybook. [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Hi everyone! My name is Heidi, I'm 35, and have been married to my husband for 13 1/2 years. We have 4 kids - Abby is almost 12, Cole is 8 1/2, Gage is 5, and my baby, Seth, is 3. I'm a stay-at-home-mom and I homeschool the kids. I love to read, sew, knit, and burn tarts all day long. It's definitely an addiction that I gladly indulge in. LOL! Oh, and I live in the great state of NC. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and share in our candle/tart burning hobby.

Guest Anonymous

Hi,Cynthia! You are welcome to come visit anytime - I think it's a beautiful place and really love it so I'd enjoy showing guests around (guess it's a "Southern hospitality" thing)! You are all so kind with your warm wishes for me and my HSSH (highschool sweetheart) - it's been a bit trying at times. So, I get home everyday, change out the tarts (4 tartwarmers going all day), change into comfy clothes and relax...sound familiar?

Hi, to you, too, Debra! I'm so proud to know where you are talking about! I actually live in Vancouver, but most people know Portland, so that's what I say. I sure love it here!!! I don't think I was here for the sale since I got here last March, but boy! do I hope I catch the next one! Maybe we can go together so we can tag-team (smile). Don't be lonely anymore, 'k?

And finally, hello to Heidi! How you find time to do anything is amazing to me. You certainly deserve the indulgence!

I hope everyone has a great night!

Heidi and Shannon- it is nice to meet you both. Looking forward to your outlook on wax, kids, dogs, cats, and whatever else we all come up with around here!

Guest Anonymous

Shannon, what fun that would be! If I did visit, I'd have to see the Trailblazers...just a huge sports nut here.

Heidi, welcome! I love the names of your children!!! You certainly have your hands full. I hope you enjoy it here and can't wait to hear your thoughts and opinions on lovely (or not so lovely) scented wax.

Welcome, Heidi. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] I have great admiration for anyone who homeschools. Look forward to hearing your input on melts!

Well, I've been on the forum for a bit now and decided I should introduce myself. I am the resident male on the forum. Looking through the posts, I don't think I've seen any other guys. My name is Jason and I'm 31 years old. My scent obsession started at a very young age with those Scratch N' Sniff stickers that teachers used to give us kids in school. My grandmother is also a long time candle lover and I always loved to smell what she had going when I would visit her. I spend too much on candles and I'm also very loyal to Yankee. I am very curious about branching out and I do read many of the reviews on this site and avidly read about what you all are burning. Hopefully, this year, I'll try some new stuff! Any who, glad I found this site and it's comforting to know I'm not alone in my my scent fanaticism.

Guest Anonymous

Welcome, Jason! I hope you enjoy it here...I certainly do. We'll encourage you to branch out, LOL. When you do, I'd love to hear your reviews, especially since you are such a Yankee fan.

Glad to have you join us, Jason, and congratulations on being the first guy. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] I actually have my husband into melts now. He even has an electric burner on his desk at work! I used to be a die hard Yankee fan until I discovered Candlefind. I still enjoy their scents, but now I only purchase their tarts occasionally.

[smilie=cloud_9] You are too funny! Welcome, officially to the board! I can't wait to see how long it takes you to start buying everything, but YC. [smilie=snoopy]