The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

Happy Halloween, everyone! :lol:

For today it's Jack O' Lanterns Glow from Spotted Hog in the kitchen/DR, Octoberfest from Keona in the powder room and Autumn Wreath from YC in the loft. Now I need to go organize all the goodies that I'll be passing out tonight. I got Halloween pencils, Ritz Bitz with peanut butter and lots of candy. :P

Last night I melted YC Purrchouli, I kinda liked it.

Wanted to wish everyone a fun and safe Halloween.

Imagine if we could give out tarts for trick or treaters, we'd have a whole new generation of tart freaks out there lol!!!!!

I'm getting DD's bath ready and I came up with a cool Halloween scent...Shaving Cream. You know that smell when you open the door around 6pm or 7pm the the kids smell of shaving cream, colored hairspray, and fall air? That would be perfect for today. The closest scent that I can think of is Cranklin Birch. It's similar to that scent.

No scent from October Fest, even in that tiny bathroom, so I replaced it with another one from Keona, Bubbling Brew.

I was a bit over zealous this morning and gave myself a headache with all the different scents. :cry: Yeah, I knew better but I was so anxious to celebrate.

I've backed it down to just YC Purr-Chouli jar and a YC Frosted Pumpkin melt.

All better now, thanks to Advil. :lol:

Jules... run outside and take a deep breath! I know the scent headache... I get too much going sometimes... I just have to shut down for awhile and clear the air! Hope you feel better for trick or treating!

Changing scents for the afternoon... Trick or Treat Smell My Feet and Yummy Halloween Cupcakes... both from HOT.

Happy Halloween... :cry:

Happy Halloween to all. I'm about pumpkined out already, but I am melting Crosscreek Pumpkin Spice Lattè, HOT's Trick or Treat Smell My Feet, and TS Spice Haven. First time to try TS and I really like the scent. I can always go stronger though.. :cry: (I havent found a scent that is too strong for me yet)

I'm getting DD's bath ready and I came up with a cool Halloween scent...Shaving Cream. You know that smell when you open the door around 6pm or 7pm the the kids smell of shaving cream, colored hairspray, and fall air? That would be perfect for today. The closest scent that I can think of is Cranklin Birch. It's similar to that scent.

LLVV, hey I like that idea! I have a Cracklin Birch from GHBT, but haven't melted it yet.....did you see that Carol has some new samplers? More to come tomorrow too.

I just started CH Haunted House in the electric melter in the LR. Jason, this one is super strong....you must've gotten a dud....I can smell this one all through the house.

Hope your hubby feels better soon, trep!

Nothing melting or burning at the moment (I've been busy making treats), but happy Halloween, everyone!

:cry:

We're back from trick or treating and it seems like the holiday is winding down over here. Two trick or treaters commented on how good the house smells with Pumpkin Cheesecake melting in the background. I'll light up Candy Corn in a little while.

Trep, I hope that your DH feels better!

Guest Anonymous
Michele, maybe Can-Do's hard wax makes a difference in the translation of Lessie's scents. I liked the scent, it was just too light and short-lived. I wish Candle Haven was still in business to try the original version.

:P Hi Jason! I can grant your wish. :lol: I have Lessie's (not Can-do's) Haunted House. I don't think patchouli is my thing. I'd be glad to send you one so you can try the original. Email me your addy and I'll send it off to ya.

Melting GHBT's candy corn. Then I'll eat some candy corn. Everyone have a fun and safe halloween.......Boo! [smilie=th_a194]

Hope DH is doing better, trep!

Funny, LL - you are back from Trick or Treating, and ours has not even started out here yet - it is not even dark yet!

I have 3 different types of patchouli tarts going tonight.

Happy Halloween everyone!! I just got home, I went trick or treating with the Grandbabies! They had a blast! Now if I can just leave their candy alone!LOL! [smilie=th_a194] Tonight I'm melting Celtic Moonspice. Jason I always loved Lessie's Haunted House. It was a very strong thrower for me. I've never tried Can-Do's version.

Guest Doe

Jason, I had on Can-Do's version of Haunted House today for about 6 hours and it was strong, infact it was so strong (had it going in my family/kitchen area) that I could smell it upstairs in all the bedrooms.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Tonight it's Candle Haven's Haunted House; Monster Munch and All Hallows Eve from Crosscreek, and YC Spiced Pumpkin and Purr-chouli. My house smells wonderful!

I can attest that the original Haunted House is very strong. Our kitten Felix managed to singe his tail in one of the candles tonight (he's fine; no harm done) and it' s covering up the smell of burnt hair quite nicely!

Edited for typos...

Good ones I melted on Halloween:

Violet Lime - Soy Lovely. I love this scent! I used the last of my stash of this one, though. [smilie=th_OMG]

Tahitian Tiare - Soy Lovely. This is basically a gardenia scent, but it's quite good.

Orange Pomander - Soy Lovely. Reminded me somewhat of Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper.

Baby Powder - Shortie's

Falling in Love - Angie's

Amazing Grace - Honeydreamz (oldie but still goodie)

Michele, maybe Can-Do's hard wax makes a difference in the translation of Lessie's scents. I liked the scent, it was just too light and short-lived. I wish Candle Haven was still in business to try the original version.

:lol: Hi Jason! I can grant your wish. :lol: I have Lessie's (not Can-do's) Haunted House. I don't think patchouli is my thing. I'd be glad to send you one so you can try the original. Email me your addy and I'll send it off to ya.

Melting GHBT's candy corn. Then I'll eat some candy corn. Everyone have a fun and safe halloween.......Boo! [smilie=th_OMG]

Hey thanks, that's so sweet of you! Only trouble is, I don't see an option to email you. Are you on the Birthday email list? If so, I have those.