The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

Started up Cozy Cottage Marshmallow Monster for the second time but my DS did not like it. I will melt it tomorrow when I am home alone. Just put on YC Boo-Nilla. Smells good cold.

I'm melting LOL's Cranberry Orange Bread. I have a mini heater on me right now - it's cold in my apartment! - so it's hard to smell. When I do get whiffs it's great.

LLVV, Enjoy your fire. I'm jealous!! When DH and I started dating in our early 20's, he was still living home where there is a fire place. We would have date nights playing games and drinking hot chocolate in front of it. I loved it!

Oh, went to two different LnT and they didn't have any tealights bags at all. :oops:

I went also to Linen n Things, they had tealights but at only 10% off...I can do better at BB&B with the 20% coupon!

So far it is Prarie Soy Citrus Cooler - I have melters to clean.

My two earlier tarts are tart history so I just put my final melt of the night on the burner...Pumpkins & Pralines. YUMMY!!!! If you want a sweet pumpkin without the spice, this is the scent for you!

Oh man, you guys just reminded me and made me panic. I forgot that Linen's and Things has my darn tealights. I have 1&1/2 bags left but they are the ONLY ones I use.

I MUST go there tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder. Our local store is closing too. Are they all closing? My brothers girlfriend worked in there and now must look for another job.

Thanks Dabba!

Guest stardustgirl

I think they're all closing. Ours doesn't have a sale announced yet but the one on the south side had 10 - 30% off (I'm waiting for bigger discounts. It's 10 on most of the "good" stuff).

I fired up Nene's Spiced Apple Butter in my newly modified frankenmelter, and it was great. As soon as it got really hot and was edging toward too hot /scortchy, I dialed back. After that, it was just strong scent.

CBV Spiced Pumpkin Chutney candle in the living room, melt in here along with the Maple Butter / Pumpkin Frap candle. The melt overpowers the candle, but that's still in the Maple Butter part so not surprising.

I went also to Linen n Things, they had tealights but at only 10% off...I can do better at BB&B with the 20% coupon!

So far it is Prarie Soy Citrus Cooler - I have melters to clean.

I considered checking another LnT. Then I figured if they are going OOB anyway, why get hooked on something I might love. :oops: Now Bed Bath and Beyond is on my try list. I might try to hold out for the $5 off a $15 purchase coupon. I hope they are as good as LnT.

BTW, if your store doesn't have them in, they may get another delivery. That's what one of the stores told us.

Guest Anonymous

Tonight it is- CFTKR banana taffy in LR and pink sugared raspberries in the BR I love the pinks :shock:

I'm kind of shocked Linen's N' Things is going out of business. Yikes. I'll bet they really start having great sales this coming holiday season. Maybe I will be able to snatch up some discounted YC candles!

Tonights melts are:

Autumn Leaves-YC

Harvest Home-CFTKR

Strawberry rhubarb from Granma Fran is still going strong from last night so I left that in...added to the kitchen this morning is Candledippers Granny's Kitchen and in the bedroom Melissa's berries and twigs! :lol:

Good Morning, It's beautiful here in Florida, sunny and in the low 70's. I love this time of the year. I have burning candles from YC in Red Apple Wreath and Orchard Pear. In the kitchen I have melting Carmel Cinnamon Latte from Mookie Doodle. The three of these melt very good together. My house smells terrific.

Good morning everyone! I agree twinsmom, it's a beautiful day here in Florida!! This morning I have Nene's Fall Festival in the kitchen, YC Sunwashed Linen in my bedroom, and Nene's Fresh Rain Snuggle in the bath.

:lol:

Sharon

I'm kind of shocked Linen's N' Things is going out of business. Yikes. I'll bet they really start having great sales this coming holiday season. Maybe I will be able to snatch up some discounted YC candles!

Tonights melts are:

Autumn Leaves-YC

Harvest Home-CFTKR

I think Yankee candles are 10% off right now? There were still tons left in both stores we went to.

Have a great day everyone. No melting for me until tonight....

Good morning.

I've got to pipe in from Florida too. It's finally cooler even down here, south of Tampa. Finally. With DS feeling better, we were able to use our free passes and go to Busch Gardens yesterday. It was a beautiful day filled with rollercoasters and cotton candy.

:lol:

This morning's melts are:

Everyday Whims - Hansel and Gretel's House

Busy Bee - Apple Cinnamon

After raving about the L&T tealights, I've had dud after dud from this latest bag. So many of them are barely keeping a flame and not hot enough to melt a tart. I'm dismayed! My previous 2 bags were great, but not this one.

Jules-glad you and DS got to enjoy a great day at Busch Gardens. Sorry about your TL Dud bag.

I retried my IKEA bag of TL's and the last 5 or so have been great, this morning I've got a dud though.

Melting CFKTR's leaves of autumn and an Illuminations Apples and Oak candle in the living room. Starting up CYS-cherry cola and CFKTR's Kiwi Strawberry in the Bedroom.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - I'm burning YC's Orchard Pear for work...hadn't burned this one in a few weeks and I forgot how much I loved this scent.

Today is my daughter's actual birthday, and once Trep mentioned Vanilla Cupcake from YC I remembered I had one tucked away somewhere too, so I put that on to melt this morning. I have to say I think it's as good and rich as any birthday cake scent I've tried from anywhere else - including Lessie's :lol:

Good Morning-

I guess since I was up all night reading! Lol!

Started the day with Coco Mint Frost-Can Do

Rosemary Mint-Pure Scents

Golden Harvest Apple-Cozy Cottage

Mom, Happy Birthday to your daughter!

This morning I'm melting Carol's Autumn Magic (lovely scent) and Pumpkins & Pralines. The pumpkin scent is just about finished so I will start up Ginger Snap Pumpkin early this afternoon.

Mmdolinar - Do you think that Carol's Leaves of Autumn smells like Yankee's Autumn Leaves? I bought a bag and have it tucked away because it smelled floral to me. I'm afraid to light it up if it's floral because my sinuses will clog up. Let me know if it's outdoorsy like YC's or floral when you get a chance. Thanks!