The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
cmarie

Another Yankee jar scent inquiry

In the other thread peeps were saying that Orchard Pear and Mango Peach Salsa had a weak throw in Jars. I thought I'd ask about a few more before I order, if thats ok

Are these strong in a jar?:

MacIntosh & Peach

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Wreath

Fireside

Evening Air

Lemon Lavender

tia!

Hey!! I have Autumn leaves in the double wick..and it is wonderful. Very good throw and I would buy another one right up!! Thats the only one I have from your list!!! I love this scent also..its very fallish!! HTH!!

I've had MacIntosh & Peach in the housewarmer jar and it was fabulous! Good throw, great scent and it burned clear to the edges with an Illuma lid. I haven't had any of the others in a candle, but Lemon Lavender and Autumn Leaves are really nice in the tarts!

I've tried three of these in the large jar. Here are my opinions:

Autumn Leaves-Definitely not as strong as the tart, but has a very decent throw.

Autumn Wreath-I've had this in the regular Housewarmer and the 2-wick cyllander. The regular had a decent throw, but the 2-wick candle has an even better one. I'll bet the same would go for Autumn Leaves, too.

Lemon Lavender-One of the strongest Yankee jars I've ever had. Has a really nice throw.

Hope this helps!

Anybody can oost something about the Fireside??

How is the scent??

From your list the Lemon Lavender is a strong one. Also very strong is Vanilla Lime, Berry Tangerine and Dune Grass, but those aren't on your list.

I just got MacIntosh couple of days ago and gave it a try yesterady, but wasn't impressed at all. I love the scent but can't smell it.

The only one on this list that i have had is the Autumn Wreath. I have burned the Housewarmer Jar, tarts and votives in this scent. I really like it, great fall scent :lol:

:)

Hi all, just wanted to tell DesertRose that I JUST got a big jar of Fireside and plan to start burning it tonight!!

Also, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone comment on the strength of the Home Sweet Home fragrance in a jar candle? I got it in a votive and was very disappointed, but maybe it just needs a bigger melt pool to release more scent?

Cmarie, you aren't hijaking anything! Don't be silly! I haven't tried Home Sweet Home in the big jar simply because I can't get with the pink color of it, however, I LOVE the scent itself and use it in the tart often. Now tart scent throw tends to be stronger than the candle throw, but I find the tart very strong, which is usually a good indicator that the candle will have at least a decent throw. Whew, that felt like a long sentence! I'm sure someone around here has tried the big candle, though.

Reporting back on Fireside...it is plenty strong, even with a lid. When burned, the scent has a sweetness to it that doesn't come across when cold. In general, I like the smell but it's slightly different from what I was expecting. Still rustic, but it's almost as if Yankee wanted to tweak the scent so it was a little more "homey." I can't say it smells exactly like a bonfire, or anything like that. But as a general firewood-type candle, I would recommend it. It has been burning beautifully so far (again, with a lid).

The real deal with my question about Home Sweet Home is that I'm trying to decide between that and Autumn Gold. I really like both, but can't (shouldn't) get both, especially since they're similar smells. Help me decide!!

Bad news...after burning Fireside for a few hours, I realized that its particular smell is just not for me. :lol: I can see others liking it, but there's just something in that fragrance I don't care for. Now I have a big jar candle that I was previously really excited about but not any more....I know they have a great return policy, and I've only burned it once, so it should be obvious that I'm not trying to take advantage, I'm just genuinely disappointed (not in the quality of the product but because it wasn't what I expected).

Has anyone here ever tried to return a YC based on not liking the smell? If so, what was your experience and what do you think I should do? (I'd also be up for selling it on eBay if that would work.)

cmarie, I have not returned candles to YC before. What I understand is they have a "no questions asked" return policy..? Perhaps you can say it gave you a headache, it was very different from what you expected? I would return it. They can burn it in the store. Hope you find something you like.

cmarie, I've returned a couple of housewarmer candles for different reasons and didn't have any trouble at all. They gave me store credit for a full priced candle, even though I didn't have a receipt and one was burned almost halfway. It tunneled something awful (even with a lid) and smelled like smoke. When I told the salesgirl she smelled it and said, "Ewww, I wouldn't want to burn this, either." It doesn't matter what your reasons are for wanting to return it, they should take it back. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

reporting back on the Yankee return...

It was no trouble whatsoever! I felt bad wanting to return it when there was nothing wrong with the candle itself, but the woman working there (who was the assistant manager) said it was no problem at all and was almost confused as to why I felt bad. She was really nice about it and it was a great experience. I picked out Home Sweet Home. :lol:

:?

As the holiday season approaches I am tempted to also get Holiday Home Sweet Home because it has yummy-smelling spices AND tree/outdoorsy smell. However, I do have a Christmas Wreath candle from two years ago, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't create a similar smell if I just burned regular HSH and Christmas Wreath at once, haha...

Guest Anonymous

I mixed YC Harvest (my first candle) with YC Cranberry Chutney ( a little too sweet) and got what was for me the perfect holiday scent.

reporting back on the Yankee return...

It was no trouble whatsoever! I felt bad wanting to return it when there was nothing wrong with the candle itself, but the woman working there (who was the assistant manager) said it was no problem at all and was almost confused as to why I felt bad. She was really nice about it and it was a great experience. I picked out Home Sweet Home. :)

[smilie=th_blij31-1]

As the holiday season approaches I am tempted to also get Holiday Home Sweet Home because it has yummy-smelling spices AND tree/outdoorsy smell. However, I do have a Christmas Wreath candle from two years ago, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't create a similar smell if I just burned regular HSH and Christmas Wreath at once, haha...

Thanks for all your info.

I don't think I will get Fireside then. Anyway I am not into a fall scents.

That was great that you had no problem with your return. I am going to return 2 jars, Orchard pear and Macinstosh.

Unfortunatelly I can't smell them. And I am very confused, as why I can't smell the Macintosh because it is one of the top Yankee scents.

That sounds weird. I had a really old Macintosh out the other day (like more than several years, I don't even remember how old it was). The wick was all messed up and it was sooting like crazy so I had to throw it out, but by golly it still smelled like APPLE.